Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

My most hyped has to be Constantine.

Astonishing Member

We'll see how they handle those things. Maybe it will work, but I hope they don't just turn Constantine into a supernatural version of Arrow. Arrow works for the hokey fun that it aims to be, and it's clearly written by DC fanboys who embrace the DCU, but Constantine, while witty dialogue and black humor is always welcome, should actually be serious and not hokey. He's not a superhero.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    I'll just say 1 thing, I believe in 2nd chances. I think the show started out without much of the direction, they tried to take themselves too seriously but had tried to cater to CW's core audience. There was a little cheese and teen soap which fwiw was very smallville-esque. I never had a huge problem with smallville so I could over look the soap. Not saying it started out bad, just slow (unlike agents of shield which was just dull and boring).
    That's cool, man. I don't mean to accost those who like the show, I'm just perplexed by this disconnect between and not just comics fandom, but the greater world. Because the show is a success, I recognize that.

But as time goes by, the acting got a lot better, there were much more emphasis on better writing and directing. There was a build up every season, the flashback went to meh to amazing, the big bad of each season was intriguing. After a short season, everything got so much better. Yes, I believe in good execution as well, but face it, it's not winning any Emmys but by no means is it a bad tv show. I just felt like arrow is something that I needed to give credit to because tbh, without arrow I don't think we'll see what we have on screen today. 5 DC comics related tv series.
    I'm happy for the ubiquity (because it's likely that at least one out of those 5 will be to my liking), but I'm a little bit curious about the reason for the 5 shows. Perhaps it's been driven by Arrow, but Johns has also been under edict of late to focus more of his time on his role as the guy who 'gets things done' in the TV world (with much lamentation from comics fans, I might add, at potentially being limited to '2 titles a month'). Part of me wonders if this surge isn't the result of Geoff Johns showing us what we can really do.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Another thing I need to add, arrow has one of the best action scenes on tv.
    Definitely, its really sad it didn't get nominated for best stunt coordination since basically its Arrow and GOT have the most stunt on TV at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    That's cool, man. I don't mean to accost those who like the show, I'm just perplexed by this disconnect between and not just comics fandom, but the greater world. Because the show is a success, I recognize that.

I'm happy for the ubiquity (because it's likely that at least one out of those 5 will be to my liking), but I'm a little bit curious about the reason for the 5 shows. Perhaps it's been driven by Arrow, but Johns has also been under edict of late to focus more of his time on his role as the guy who 'gets things done' in the TV world (with much lamentation from comics fans, I might add, at potentially being limited to '2 titles a month'). Part of me wonders if this surge isn't the result of Geoff Johns showing us what we can really do.
    Not exactly, anyone can tell by how season 1 was made that the current direction Arrow is in wasn't the original plan but its due to is Success they opted to incorporate more of the DCU.
    Which is why now they're introducing the real count vertigo instead of the Count that sells vertigo :$

Season 1 they tried to just ground the show in reality and just made some references which comic books would have spotted i doubt there was even going to be a black canary, which is why the revived Sarah and changed the actor.
    alot of names where referenced and killed in season 1 like the freak of the week in the early seasons of smallville.