Extraordinary Member

Default Jonathan Joestar vs. Tanjiro Kamado

Jonathan Joestar, the master of Hamon, takes on the Demon Slayer Tanjiro Kamado in a friendly sparring match.

They are in character, and will fight until one of them is unconscious. Then after the loser awakens, they sit and talk

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Hmm... Jonathan has the problem that the big stuff of his offensive is vampire specific and won't work on Tanjiro. However, the non lethal setup favours him more because a lot of Tanjiro's stuff, being optimised for slaying demons, is crazy lethal.

Jonathan is probably stronger a bit but Tanjiro is definitely faster. I think I'm going to back the good boy here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hmm... Jonathan has the problem that the big stuff of his offensive is vampire specific and won't work on Tanjiro. However, the non lethal setup favours him more because a lot of Tanjiro's stuff, being optimised for slaying demons, is crazy lethal.

Jonathan is probably stronger a bit but Tanjiro is definitely faster. I think I'm going to back the good boy here.
    Hamon does work on humans. In Part 2, we see it used to puppet pigeons and people

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Hamon does work on humans. In Part 2, we see it used to puppet pigeons and people
    I was thinking more in the terms of exploding targets, disintegrating them or setting them on fire that is the majority of the Hamon offensive game.

Extraordinary Member

I was thinking more in the terms of exploding targets, disintegrating them or setting them on fire that is the majority of the Hamon offensive game.
    Well, not like he could use those non-lethally any way XD

Astonishing Member

Didn't Kar's Hamon burn Joseph? Granted Kars' Hamon was stupidly more powerful than anything a human could achieve but still.
    Last edited by wjowski; 12-29-2018 at 02:49 PM.

So, I reread all of Kimetsu no Yaiba over the last couple of days and I have more thoughts.

Current Tanjiro is actually likely a bit stronger than Jonathan. His recent boulder moving feat is pretty nuts. He's also got much more control over his varying levels of breath techniques and the jump in speed and power he gets from Breath of the Sun is ridiculous. He went from barely being able to perceive Daki's slashing attacks in her incomplete form to outright blitzing her into the ground when she was in her complete (and specifically noted as being faster) form, that's pretty nuts in terms of speed given that Tanjiro was already capable of perceiving and fighting things much faster than a regular human.

Also, he got minor combat precog during the Swordsmith Village arc to boot. I think he's going to take this.