Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Tim Drake as Nightwing by Travis Moore

I guess this was what they had in mind. The art looks nice but me no like at all.

And why the hell does he look like Dick?

What? So, has this been confirmed? Tim's going to be the new Nightwing? But what about Dick?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    What? So, has this been confirmed? Tim's going to be the new Nightwing? But what about Dick?
    Travis Moore Twitter Post

TM tweet.JPG

Looks like it was just an idea being tossed around by King.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    No it was confirmed that King wanted that when Dick was shot but that was shot down. Tim is going back to Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Travis Moore Twitter Post

Looks like it was just an idea being tossed around by King.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No it was confirmed that King wanted that when Dick was shot but that was shot down. Tim is going back to Robin.
    Thank you, guys.

I guess this was what they had in mind. The art looks nice but me no like at all.

Moore's art does look nice and eh, it's not the worst case of samey-face artist syndrome I've seen. I can see the eyes are more sharper and less rounded than Dicks, plus he seems to have straighter/thinner brows with a narrower face. I don't know, hard to tell from just one drawing, but it looks lovely regardless. Though seeing Tim without a cape almost feels weird at this point, he looks so much more casual without the cape XD

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Moore's art does look nice and eh, it's not the worst case of samey-face artist syndrome I've seen. I can see the eyes are more sharper and less rounded than Dicks, plus he seems to have straighter/thinner brows with a narrower face. I don't know, hard to tell from just one drawing, but it looks lovely regardless. Though seeing Tim without a cape almost feels weird at this point, he looks so much more casual without the cape XD
    Finch has that problem too.

I see what you mean but it's still too close for my liking. Instances like these are what make me wish for a brown Damian or white streak Jason more than ever. It's ridiculous. the differences shouldn't be so subtle.

Excuse me while I go throw up.

I think this makes almost every body in the Batfamily where someone had the idea to make them Nightwing. It’s rather sad that we keep hearing about ideas of making so and so Nightwing, from Jason to Duke to Harper to Tim, yet when it comes to ideas for Dick and the actual Nightwing they are so utterly bankrupt. Leaving us with the likes of hobo Ric and Lobdell regurgitating DC You.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 12-28-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Excuse me while I go throw up.

I think this makes almost every body in the Batfamily where someone had the idea to make them Nightwing. It’s utterly disgusting that we keep hearing about ideas of making so and so Nightwing, from Jason to Duke to Harper to Tim, when they are so utterly bankrupt when it comes to ideas for the actual Nightwing and Dick. Leaving us with the likes of hobo Ric and Lobdell regurgitating DC You.
    I heard about the idea before but seeing it is pissed me off. Rather than looking for people to shove into Nightwing why not come up with ideas for Nightwing. It's not rocket science or even a controversial idea. It's what they should be doing.

I mean who is this supposed to benefit not The Dick Grayson Nightwing that's for sure.

DC needs to sort it's priorities out.

Astonishing Member

Tim should be Flamebird not Nightwing.

Moore drew the same kind of mouth and eyes as Dick. The hair and nose are at least different. It's not as bad as Booth or the guy who did the covers for IC. I always forget his name.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

Tim being nightwing would be a better direction for the character than anything they’ve done in the N52 or rebirth but it’s still a meh option. Mainly bc what’s happening with Dick is BS storytelling.

King's story idea made zero sense to me. Dick and Tim really have no relationship anymore where Tim would feel compelled to take up the Nightwing name. They barely interact or seem to know much about each other. It is probably a case again where they have no idea what to do with Tim, especially in the Batman family, and King thought it would be a way to include him I guess.

Astonishing Member

Some seemed to love Grayson as a Spyral agent.

If Ric went back to that, then it would be almost logical if Tim became Nightwing.

Disgusting.

Just utterly disgusting.

Excellent art by Moore, but the idea is so disgusting I need to go take a shower.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.