Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    BANNED

I don't think so. It would take a top-drawer "talent" with the clout of Bendis, Morrison, Frank Miller, or Alan Moore. There's less than ten names in that bunch. Mark Waid and Ed Brubaker are a few notches down from these guys. If Jim Lee said tomorrow, "Hey, Dan! I wanna write and draw a Nightwing mini-series," it would be green-lighted so fast you wouldn't have time to jaywalk.

Personally, I enjoyed right before New 52 where both Bruce and Dick were Batman. If you went that route, had Damien as Dick’s Robin, then Tim would fit neatly as a Nightwing...just a thought.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Personally, I enjoyed right before New 52 where both Bruce and Dick were Batman. If you went that route, had Damien as Dick’s Robin, then Tim would fit neatly as a Nightwing...just a thought.
    Actually if you're going with that, with Damian being Dick's Robin, Tim can continue to be Bruce's Robin. Two pairs of Dynamic Duo. Tim gets to stay with the role and the partner that was taken away from him.

Note that I didn't read Red Robin and don't know if he decided to move on from that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Actually if you're going with that, with Damian being Dick's Robin, Tim can continue to be Bruce's Robin. Two pairs of Dynamic Duo. Tim gets to stay with the role and the partner that was taken away from him.

Note that I didn't read Red Robin and don't know if he decided to move on from that or not.
    You should. It's a very good mystery / adventure book.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    If Jim Lee said tomorrow, "Hey, Dan! I wanna write and draw a Nightwing mini-series," it would be green-lighted so fast you wouldn't have time to jaywalk.
    And then one issue would come out a year later, and then 10 years later the second issue would come out.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

I will admit that at the time I thought two Batmen was really stupid, but I miss it now. I would read that in a heartbeat, whether Dick was Batman or not. Dick+Damian and Bruce+Tim is the best of both worlds. (I wouldn't have Tim be Nightwing, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Wouldn't it be incredible if a big-name writer TOLD the company he WANTS TO and WILL write a nice LONG Nightwing run, and he intends to write it as "a love letter to Dick Grayson?" That we got a real CHAMPION for Dick the way they keep crawling out of the woodwork for Timmy Wimmy? Or maybe Didio wakes up one morning and says, "Y'know, this character is really cool." I dream about catching meteorites with a magic lasso, too.
    It'd be great if someone with the clout decided they were going to write Nightwing for a while, but anyone who isn't at least (AT LEAST) on the level of Johns would find themselves pulled off the book whether they wanted it or not, and put on a bigger profile IP. That's what seems to happen now; DC treats Nightwing as a proving ground for talent, and if the talent prove themselves they get yanked out of Nightwing quickly for books that DC is more interested in. Or the talent leaves in disgust like Percy (who had every right to).

We're far more likely to have the book given to a complete unknown and see them given total freedom because DC doesn't care about the property than we are to see DC "waste" major talent on the title.

Though now that Johns' name is in my head.....he's written almost every A- and B-list character at DC, but Dick is one of the few he hasn't done much with (unless Im forgetting a run?). Maybe someday Johns will decide to explore this corner and check another hero off his bucket list. I'm pretty sure the only big (and/or big-ish) franchises he hasn't really tackled at this point is Wonder Woman, Arrow, and Nightwing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    You should. It's a very good mystery / adventure book.
    on my to do list
    gonna take a while to reach it though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    It'd be great if someone with the clout decided they were going to write Nightwing for a while, but anyone who isn't at least (AT LEAST) on the level of Johns would find themselves pulled off the book whether they wanted it or not, and put on a bigger profile IP. That's what seems to happen now; DC treats Nightwing as a proving ground for talent, and if the talent prove themselves they get yanked out of Nightwing quickly for books that DC is more interested in. Or the talent leaves in disgust like Percy (who had every right to).

We're far more likely to have the book given to a complete unknown and see them given total freedom because DC doesn't care about the property than we are to see DC "waste" major talent on the title.

Though now that Johns' name is in my head.....he's written almost every A- and B-list character at DC, but Dick is one of the few he hasn't done much with (unless Im forgetting a run?). Maybe someday Johns will decide to explore this corner and check another hero off his bucket list. I'm pretty sure the only big (and/or big-ish) franchises he hasn't really tackled at this point is Wonder Woman, Arrow, and Nightwing.
    I think Johns has written the Hell out of the Titans show, but he seems to like juggling a cast of thousands.