Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

I guess this was what they had in mind. The art looks nice but me no like at all.

And why the hell does he look like Dick?
    He reminds of how Connor was drawn in Everafter: fables among us.

I like the design but Tim shouldn't be Nightwing long-term.

I may not be a fan of the concept, but I really love the design! The artist did a great job of creating something that was derivative but also completely different. I love the clear shapes and separations of areas in the design--so many designs are super busy and don't have any clarity, but this works really well. Moore did great. Personally, I'd lose the elbow pads, though.

And there's nothing wrong with artists making fanart like this of ideas they think are fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I may not be a fan of the concept, but I really love the design! The artist did a great job of creating something that was derivative but also completely different. I love the clear shapes and separations of areas in the design--so many designs are super busy and don't have any clarity, but this works really well. Moore did great. Personally, I'd lose the elbow pads, though.

And there's nothing wrong with artists making fanart like this of ideas they think are fun.
    Uh, if this drawing was colorized, we'd have Timmy Wimmy running around in baby blue panties?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Uh, if this drawing was colorized, we'd have Timmy Wimmy running around in baby blue panties?
    I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, dude. lol

BANNED

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, dude. lol
    Nightwing colors--black and light blue.

Nightwing colors--black and light blue.
    Yeah, but the design clearly has pants. So your original comment still doesn't make sense.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

BANNED

Blue trunks, is that better? I just thought it looked silly to have a black costume with light blue bloomers.
    Last edited by oasis1313; 12-28-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Blue trunks, is that better?
    Then, yeah. Based on the black and white shading, it's safe to assume the trunks would be blue, as well as the symbol and the mask. Everything else black.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Oh, the design is great. Dude knocked it out of the park. I even don't mind the elbow pads. It's just the idea that rubs me wrong. And I'm all paranoid about how DC is going to handle Nightwing these days so my mind just went to "panic mode" even though it explicitly says the idea was shot down.

The low tech angle isn't one I would have thought of, but for real, the art is excellent and the design is superb.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

If Tim taking up Nightwing gave us Grayson again, I'd take it.

Actually, a shuffle of Tim being Robin again, Dick going undercover, and Damian taking up the Nightwing mantle wouldn't piss me off at all.

Great design though. And I disagree with those who think it looks too much like Dick. This here is drawn younger and scrawnier than Dick normally is. Face reminds me of Janin's Tim as well.

Was bored so I colored it in.

Time Nightwing Recolor.jpg
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Not a fan of the design. Or direction.

While this is a pretty faithful interpretation and marriage of the Tim character's sensibilities and the idea of Nightwing, I think this demonstrates why the the idea wouldn't work. It is exceedingly well designed and draw but it looks awkward and I think it's because the Tim character doesn't invite that same feeling of charisma that Dick does. I'm not really a fan of Dick Grayson but I can say the way that Dick is drawn as Nightwing, from his build to the simplicity of his design, oozes that kind of sleek sexy magnetic feel that sells the design. Tim is kind of stunted, the scrawny (almost androgynous) techy type, drawing to mind a more everyteen angle rather than a dashing leading man.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

What is going on with the Bat-Office? Almost like they just don't care or they answer to noone. They are ruining these IPs
    Poor Tim has gone from a Dick/ Jason id - almost temping in Dick's id - sharing Damian's Id. At least YJ feels like some thought went into it. This doesn't.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh, the design is great. Dude knocked it out of the park. I even don't mind the elbow pads. It's just the idea that rubs me wrong. And I'm all paranoid about how DC is going to handle Nightwing these days so my mind just went to "panic mode" even though it explicitly says the idea was shot down.

The low tech angle isn't one I would have thought of, but for real, the art is excellent and the design is superb.
    My thoughts as well. That Tom King thought the way to fix Tim Drake was sacrifice Dick Grayson proves he really shouldn't be in charge of creative direction for the DCU, regardless if you enjoy his run on Batman.

It's well-drawn, there's no doubt about it, but the last thing Tim needs is to adopt another of Dick's identities. First Robin, then Red Robin, and now Nightwing? Come on, Tom King.