Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    King's story idea made zero sense to me. Dick and Tim really have no relationship anymore where Tim would feel compelled to take up the Nightwing name. They barely interact or seem to know much about each other. It is probably a case again where they have no idea what to do with Tim, especially in the Batman family, and King thought it would be a way to include him I guess.
    Didnt tynion bring back all their pre flashpoint history again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    My thoughts as well. That Tom King thought the way to fix Tim Drake was sacrifice Dick Grayson.
    I think tom kings favorite character is Dick, so i very much doubt that was the case. I dont like the idea, mostly because i dont like Tom Kings ideas for Tim in general and as a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    Don't believe so. The two haven't really interacted with just the two of them since the New 52 happened. They haven't even had a conversation with just the two of them. Continuity is a mess though.

I think tom kings favorite character is Dick, so i very much doubt that was the case. I dont like the idea, mostly because i dont like Tom Kings ideas for Tim in general and as a rule.
    I think King is on record saying Hal Jordan is his favorite character. I think he said that on twitter or some AMA maybe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Don't believe so. The two haven't really interacted with just the two of them since the New 52 happened. They haven't even had a conversation with just the two of them. Continuity is a mess though.
    They had that talk when the whole family met at the batcave. About going back to ridding trains. Reference to an old story from the 90s.

I think King is on record saying Hal Jordan is his favorite character. I think he said that on twitter or some AMA maybe.
    Strange, with the sheer amount of fanboyism for dick i see in his work i wouldnt have guessed.

Tom has also said that the main character of his Novel, A Once Crowded Sky was based on Dick Grayson. I really do think he loves the character, or at least did at one point. That's why I've been a bit baffled at him getting shot in the head.

He mentioned them riding the train [Nigtwing issue] but then he also said Tim joined the bats when he was 13 and gave his age as 16. In Rebirth Damian became Robin at age 10 under Dick and is 13 now. So Tynion put even more of a question mark on their history.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    Tom has also said that the main character of his Novel, A Once Crowded Sky was based on Dick Grayson. I really do think he loves the character, or at least did at one point. That's why I've been a bit baffled at him getting shot in the head.
    I believe he cares for the character. Not sure how much of a comic fan Tom is but I think he likes whatever story he is writing more and doesn't view misuse or plot devicing of characters as a big deal. Characters are there to serve the story. This goes for all characters Superman, Nightwing WW or Batman. It's not malicious. He floated the idea of zatana casting a spell to get Dick back to himself at some point I think. So he had a quick fix.

I recall when Tom said his favourite character was Dick Grayson and nightwing.
    Last edited by dietrich; 12-29-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I saw @byrd156 colouring, and decided to try myself. I haven't coloured something digital for a while (half a year), which means it took me a few hours to finish it. But here it is. I wasn't sure about colouring someone else's art, but I guess it's not a bad thing to do? And the drawing was pretty: I just fell to temptation.

https://imgur.com/LMEZuJG
    I like the highlights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I believe he cares for the character. Not sure how much of a comic fan Tom is but I think he likes whatever story he is writing more and doesn't view misuse or plot devicing of characters as a big deal. Characters are there to serve the story. This goes for all characters Superman, Nightwing WW or Batman. It's not malicious. He floated the idea of zatana casting a spell to get Dick back to himself at some point I think. So he had a quick fix.

You don't shoot your favorite character in the skull. It would have had more of an impact on Batman if Tim had gotten shot in the head instead--however, shooting Dick likely made more of an impact on a population of fans King knows better. Most writers' favorite character is whichever one they're getting a paycheck for at the moment, unless they're a TOTAL fanboy. If you paid me a few hundred thousand bucks to write a Tim Drake story, I might do it for you (and I'd make sure every reader wept for the rest of the century at the end of it).

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You don't shoot your favorite character in the skull. It would have had more of an impact on Batman if Tim had gotten shot in the head instead--however, shooting Dick likely made more of an impact on a population of fans King knows better. Most writers' favorite character is whichever one they're getting a paycheck for at the moment, unless they're a TOTAL fanboy. If you paid me a few hundred thousand bucks to write a Tim Drake story, I might do it for you (and I'd make sure every reader wept for the rest of the century at the end of it).
    It's a fair point to say that a writers favorite character is the one that is bringing home the bacon, so to speak, but I think you're off base about how much of an impact Tim getting popped would have on Bruce. Any of his partners getting shot would tear him apart, sure, but based on the way he wrote the two in Grayson, and even some scenes I've read in Batman, Tom thinks that Dick and Bruce have a special connection, as special as with Alfred or Damian.

True, I imagine he wasn't exactly stoked to hear what DC wanted to do with that one plot point that he didn't even want to last.

I like the highlights.
    Oh, good.
    When I paint with my tablet, it's the easiest way to give the plain colours some kind of accent. I usually are all for shading and gradients when I draw and paint with traditional media (like here); but for some reason, I don't feel like doing the same when I paint something digitally. I use gradients, but they're light, almost unnoticeable; and then I go and use the ink brushes for adding those highlights that I feel they need. I guess it's because I haven't found a set of brushes that I would like enough yet (and it's not as fun as drawing and painting with my traditional tools, to be honest).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-29-2018 at 08:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    It's a fair point to say that a writers favorite character is the one that is bringing home the bacon, so to speak, but I think you're off base about how much of an impact Tim getting popped would have on Bruce. Any of his partners getting shot would tear him apart, sure, but based on the way he wrote the two in Grayson, and even some scenes I've read in Batman, Tom thinks that Dick and Bruce have a special connection, as special as with Alfred or Damian.
    I don't think so. I think King was writing it that way to build up to the shooting to make it emotionally worse for the reader--a great issue of camaraderie then BOOM. Standard writer's trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I saw @byrd156 colouring, and decided to try myself. I haven't coloured something digital for a while (half a year), which means it took me a few hours to finish it. But here it is. I wasn't sure about colouring someone else's art, but I guess it's not a bad thing to do? And the drawing was pretty: I just fell to temptation.

https://imgur.com/LMEZuJG
    A lot better than mine, I was gonna go for blue accents on the legs but I was using some free photoshop imitation. It never came out right so I just got rid of them. Wish I still had my Adobe Programs.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

You guys have so much talent. I would have printed out a picture of this, then tried it with colored pencils, and it would have looked lousy. BTW, I actually liked the way you colored Tim's hair with some gold highlights in it--I'd never have thought of that.