Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    A fighting tournament to crown on would be kinda cool. But I think the fact that some martial artists are flat out meta's sort of make it unfair contest.
    Well, the contest for Sorcerer Supreme isn't exactly an even playing field, either. I mean gods or beings who are comprised of pure mystical energy would obviously have an advantage over a mortal practitioner. Even just your basic long-lived human would potentially have an advantage, since knowledge and experience plays a role in how adept a sorcerer is. A person with latent or inherited magical affinity might have an advantage over someone who can only manipulate magical forces outside of him or herself. At some point you just accept this and either throw your hat into the ring against all comers, or don't.

I'm guessing there are Elders of the Universe who would probably win most of these things, since the single thing that sustains them as immortals was their passion for their field of endeavor. We just haven't met sorcery-obsessed or wide gamut science-obsessed Elders as far as I know. Oddly enough, we have met Champion.

Maybe that's the next team up that I'd want to see: all of the Elders of the Universe, known and unknown, as they gather to host new candidates to the title of Elder, including potential candidates like Reed Richards, Stephen Strange, Frank Castle, and others.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, the contest for Sorcerer Supreme isn't exactly an even playing field, either. I mean gods or beings who are comprised of pure mystical energy would obviously have an advantage over a mortal practitioner. Even just your basic long-lived human would potentially have an advantage, since knowledge and experience plays a role in how adept a sorcerer is. A person with latent or inherited magical affinity might have an advantage over someone who can only manipulate magical forces outside of him or herself. At some point you just accept this and either throw your hat into the ring against all comers, or don't.

I'm guessing there are Elders of the Universe who would probably win most of these things, since the single thing that sustains them as immortals was their passion for their field of endeavor. We just haven't met sorcery-obsessed or wide gamut science-obsessed Elders as far as I know. Oddly enough, we have met Champion.

Maybe that's the next team up that I'd want to see: all of the Elders of the Universe, known and unknown, as they gather to host new candidates to the title of Elder, including potential candidates like Reed Richards, Stephen Strange, Frank Castle, and others.
    Loki's did have a brief tenure as Sorcerer Supreme (sort of). But generally speaking, the Vishanti seem to want to keep the playing field equal but inviting only morals to compete for the job. Though it's certainly true that long lived humans (like Doom) would have an advantage in theory.

Still, the same way the Sorcerer Supreme thing is restricted only to mortals, I suspect a fighting tournament would restrict at least higher end metas from competing. Shang Chi vs Gladiator just ain't fair.

But we have seen Elders host these sort of competitions before. Champion holded a sort of boxing contest (though I felt he was sort of a wuss by DQing all the class 100 guys and only beating the second tier power houses). And RUnner had that race in the Quasar book back in the day, which Buried Alien won. MIght be fun to see more stuff like that.

That last panel of Defenders where Jessica is on the phone with The Hood. I want to see that lineup even for one arc.

Shinobi Shaw and Daken Akihiro

Boisterously Confused

Brother Voodoo and Shaman. Partially because they're both cultural stereotype characters. Partially because they're each distinctive takes on magic, both pretty cool, and not every mystic menace should be owned by Dr. Strange (love him tho I do).

Astonishing Member

Volstagg and Batroc!! Also Want to see Alpha and Centennial having to co e xist in a larger team roster

I kinda always wanted a Jarvis/Wong team up. Maybe add Willie the postman as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I kinda always wanted a Jarvis/Wong team up. Maybe add Willie the postman as well.
    The one encounter I recall Wong and Jarvis having was filled with a great deal of both respect and tension. So I definately think a team up would be fun.

m5C32.jpg

Black Cat and Silver Sable

Black Cat and Prowler (Hobie Brown)

Cindy Moon, Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter

Loki and Dr Stange

Another try at the Marvel Divas story

Electro vs Human Torch

Marrina and Lyja with GotG

Astonishing Member

Peter Parker and Jessica Drew
    Spider-Man and Black Widow
    Spider-Man and Tigra
    Spider-Man and She-Hulk
    Spider-Man and Psylocke
    Spider-Man and Captain Marvel
    Spider-Man, The Taskmaster, and Mystique Team-up adventure...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I'd love to see current time thor team up with Mjolnir again
    I want to see Mjolnir in Spider-Man's hands as it would unleashed a trapped essence who was the original master of the hammer before Odin gave it to Thor...

Thunderbolts vs X-Force.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Interactions that I want to see:
    Runaways/West Coast Avengers
    Magik/Nico Minoru/Wiccan/Sylvie Lushton/Leah of Hel
    Nico Minoru/ other A-Force members

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Cyclops and Medusa. They have a lot in common.