Thread: New Warriors?

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Default New Warriors?

I looked and didn't see a thread like this. Any one have any news on the New Warriors TV show? I thought it got ordered to be on Freeform,last I heard. Anyone have any more updated info?

Thanks! I was looking forward to it haha.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Looks like Disney is saving it for the streaming service. They did one season of the show so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I looked and didn't see a thread like this. Any one have any news on the New Warriors TV show? I thought it got ordered to be on Freeform,last I heard. Anyone have any more updated info?

Thanks! I was looking forward to it haha.
    Basically sitting on a shelf since fall of 2017 Freeform passed and gave the series to Marvel TV to do what they want and they've yet to find a home. Not going to lie feel bad for you but I was hoping this series never see the light of day. I just fear it will keep the current tradition of viewing the NW in a comedic light which I don't like.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Looks like Disney is saving it for the streaming service. They did one season of the show so far.
    Ah, dang, I was hoping Freeform would have more then just Cloak and Dagger, as I fear they will cancel it because of the streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Basically sitting on a shelf since fall of 2017 Freeform passed and gave the series to Marvel TV to do what they want and they've yet to find a home. Not going to lie feel bad for you but I was hoping this series never see the light of day. I just fear it will keep the current tradition of viewing the NW in a comedic light which I don't like.
    Really? Last I heard they ordered a season, but maybe that was not a truthful article. And yeah, I would like a more serious one too. But I'm just hoping for more Speedball.
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

They confirmed they did a season but that's it till it airs. Not sure if disney plans to do anymore or just air it then ignore it.

Ultimate Member

Not to troll, but I pray to God thy tank it. New Warriors should be New Warriors, not Squirrel Girl and friends

They didn't have to involve the New Warriors. Why did they involve the new warriors? The only connective tissue is Speedball.

Ultimate Member

I really don't understand why they don't call it 'Great Lake Avengers'. The name would indicate it's a comedy series and you'd get instant name recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I really don't understand why they don't call it 'Great Lake Avengers'. The name would indicate it's a comedy series and you'd get instant name recognition.
    Just call it Squirrel Girl. She's the draw and the focus character.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Why not dump the series on Hulu? Runaways is already on there.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

A tad bit of a bummer that Firestar isn’t on the team (yet) for this show, though I’m still quite interested in how this will turn out.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    A tad bit of a bummer that Firestar isn’t on the team (yet) for this show, though I’m still quite interested in how this will turn out.
    The pilot was filmed in November 2017 this has entered Most Wanted territory.

Didn't they do a damage control show to?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Didn't they do a damage control show to?
    Maybe after they saw DCs version with Vanessa Hudgens they changed they're minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Maybe after they saw DCs version with Vanessa Hudgens they changed they're minds.
    I kinda like powerliss myself.