Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The thing is, was it s one off or had there been other showings to show that she can do something like that again? Otherwise it doesn't really count
    Because Carol can absorb energy and get stronger, I think she effectively can be used similar to Hulk in stories. She can justifiably be as strong as the story requires her to be. It just requires a strong enough power source for her to tap into.

So she's not written that way all the time, even as Binary. But she theoretically can be if she needs to for the story.

Arent they nerfed in the movies anyway? Don't think it matters

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Are we talking just strength, as in lifting stuff? If so, I'd imagine Carol to be not as strong as Hulk or Thor.
    My guess is that base-level Carol is physically weaker than either, but can channel energy into added strength in Binary mode to surpass them. Exactly how energy (aside from gamma) physically enhances her while retaining that body form is another matter.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

In New Avengers Finale back in the day, Carol fought Nefaria pretty evenly. And that's a guy who at times was able to battle a dozen Avengers at once. She did it by tapping into his power, but the point being with enough juice Carol can throw down with pretty much any top tier power house.

I wouldn't want her to be insanely OP by keeping that super strength indefinitely though. She should only be able to wield it for a limited amount of time with a rest in-between tries.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

The thing is, was it s one off or had there been other showings to show that she can do something like that again? Otherwise it doesn't really count
    It’s happened more than once. Read her Brood Saga appearances in Uncanny X-Men. She’s off the charts powerful in Binary mode.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I wouldn't want her to be insanely OP by keeping that super strength indefinitely though. She should only be able to wield it for a limited amount of time with a rest in-between tries.
    The thing which prevents her from being overpowered is the fact that she can only go Binary with a power source she can tap into. So she can go Super Saiyan if the story calls for it, and still be a very managable character power wise the rest of the time.

But even without going Binary she was able to man handle Iron Man pretty easily in Civil War 2, so she's up there even without the boost. Not Hulk level, but still pretty scary strong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In New Avengers Finale back in the day, Carol fought Nefaria pretty evenly. And that's a guy who at times was able to battle a dozen Avengers at once. She did it by tapping into his power, but the point being with enough juice Carol can throw down with pretty much any top tier power house.

Same with sentry during mighty avengers when he was voiding out going against ultron with janet's form in tony's body (lol comics) because she killed his wife
    She absorbed a nuke, came back and KOed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    It’s happened more than once. Read her Brood Saga appearances in Uncanny X-Men. She’s off the charts powerful in Binary mode.
    Alright then yeah that's fair. Binary mode is essentially Super Saiyan and that's fine, because it can't be sustained for long periods of time. Again I would say her strength compared to Thor and hulk should be like in Rag when Hulk was working Thor till he powered up

Binary mode is essentially Super Saiyan and that's fine.

"一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

I'd like to think that Carol as Binary and Carol in "Binary Mode" are two different levels of power. Originally, as Binary she didn't need anyone to boost her up to that level. It's who she was, constantly on, if she chose to do so. But "Binary Mode" speaks to a temporary increase and decay in terms of her power levels. She had to first absorb enough energy to get there, and then continue to have a constant source of power to sustain it, or it eventually ebbs and she goes back to being less than Binary-like. Frankly, I'd like to see them get rid of the Binary-mode nonsense. Either leave her as Captain Marvel to whatever level of power that is, or make her Binary permanently.

As far as the MCU and strength levels, I am fine with Carol being stronger than most. But I've never been one of those individuals who thinks that strength alone equates to true power. The fact is there are characters who can make Thor, Hulk and the entire lot of them disappear in the blink of an eye. Ash. Vapors. Gone. But you'll never see those fights happen, or those stories told.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Ha ha nice

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I'd like to think that Carol as Binary and Carol in "Binary Mode" are two different levels of power. Originally, as Binary she didn't need anyone to boost her up to that level. It's who she was, constantly on, if she chose to do so. But "Binary Mode" speaks to a temporary increase and decay in terms of her power levels. She had to first absorb enough energy to get there, and then continue to have a constant source of power to sustain it, or it eventually ebbs and she goes back to being less than Binary-like. Frankly, I'd like to see them get rid of the Binary-mode nonsense. Either leave her as Captain Marvel to whatever level of power that is, or make her Binary permanently.

As far as the MCU and strength levels, I am fine with Carol being stronger than most. But I've never been one of those individuals who thinks that strength alone equates to true power. The fact is there are characters who can make Thor, Hulk and the entire lot of them disappear in the blink of an eye. Ash. Vapors. Gone. But you'll never see those fights happen, or those stories told.
    I don't mind the Binary stuff. It makes sense that certain characters who are energy based have the ability to increase their power levels by absorbing more energy.

And I think her being Binary permanently frankly makes her a bit over powered UNLESS she's more a cosmic character as opposed to an earth bound one. Giving her the ability to scale under the right circumstances makes her a more usable character.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I was hoping Ant Man would be the one to kick Thanos's ass but if not, she will have to be stronger than Thor and Hulk because they already failed.
    Baby Thanos

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    I was hoping Ant Man would be the one to kick Thanos's ass but if not, she will have to be stronger than Thor and Hulk because they already failed.
    Thor failed because he didn’t stop Thanos from snapping his fingers and destroying half the universe but physically he showed he was more than capable of killing Thanos in a one on one confrontation so Danvers doesn’t necessarily have to be stronger or more powerful than Thor to put an end to Thanos. Just needs a better battle plan than Thor.