Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Extermination was a ploy to weaken Larraz by making him draw and try to lift up wackness so Hickman could get him in the damn Pokéball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Larraz was already whispering "Hail Hickman" by the time he did Extermination.
    All the love to both these comments.

Kill adult Cable for some stupid reason and turn him into a kid!
    Bring Cyclops back!
    Send the O5 back and try to close the story loop in a logical way, obviously with Jeen's memory wipe!
    Enslave Rachel and turn her into Ahab's pet, so she can become Stryfe's pet, and of course get killed off at the end of X-Force!

That's pretty much it, those four things. Then Decimation to split the X-Men into two different realities, the so called Utopia, and the hell of the apocalyptic real world where mutants are being hunted to extinction.
    I expect X-Force will end with Stryfe using Rachel to change parts of the past, Cable kills Rachel to prevent the entire past from being destroyed and it causes some kind of "event" which resets everything.
    Uncanny will end with something similar being done by Emma and the HFC, same with AoXM something in Omega is going to lead into the reset.
    Perhaps the three series will result in some kind of temporal convergence that alters the X-Men history and present in obscure ways and then Hickman explores the fallout of this in HoX/PoX.

My prediction is a lot of characters are going to be killed off. I love Rachel, but I expect that with Jean, Emma, Psylocke, and the Cuckoos surviving into the future fall books, the writers will see Rachel as an extraneous character and she won't survive past X-Force. I am not even sure how many of the dead characters in Uncanny are going to make it back or remain dead. I do think Rachel's presence on the HoX/PoX poster was just to prevent us from knowing the fate of her character, just like the Decimation poster, if she appears in HoX/PoX it will probably be a short revisit of her historical time in Excalibur as the Phoenix, they will probably go back and look at all the different Phoenix hosts over they years and how they are connected to each other.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Is there anything going on with these two now?

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Is there anything going on with these two now?

They’re busy being little shits in Age of X-Man: Nextgen by agitating every situation with the Core Four, esp Pixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    They’re busy being little shits in Age of X-Man: Nextgen by agitating every situation with the Core Four, esp Pixie.
    They're delightful! I hope their characterization in AoX carries over to 616

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They're delightful! I hope their characterization in AoX carries over to 616
    I knowww, their mischievous behavior is actually refreshing. I wonder if it’d be too much for them to have actually been faking their innocence in Extermination and they really just betrayed Ahab because they figured they were on the losing team. They should be in for the long-game in trying to take the X-Men down.

Comic Geek in General

Send the Time Displaced Team back and set up Cyclops’ Return

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I knowww, their mischievous behavior is actually refreshing. I wonder if it’d be too much for them to have actually been faking their innocence in Extermination and they really just betrayed Ahab because they figured they were on the losing team. They should be in for the long-game in trying to take the X-Men down.
    OMG that would make for an awesome twist. I dig it

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Kill adult Cable for some stupid reason and turn him into a kid!
    Bring Cyclops back!
    Send the O5 back and try to close the story loop in a logical way, obviously with Jeen's memory wipe!
    Enslave Rachel and turn her into Ahab's pet, so she can become Stryfe's pet, and of course get killed off at the end of X-Force!

That's pretty much it, those four things. Then Decimation to split the X-Men into two different realities, the so called Utopia, and the hell of the apocalyptic real world where mutants are being hunted to extinction.
    I expect X-Force will end with Stryfe using Rachel to change parts of the past, Cable kills Rachel to prevent the entire past from being destroyed and it causes some kind of "event" which resets everything.
    Uncanny will end with something similar being done by Emma and the HFC, same with AoXM something in Omega is going to lead into the reset.
    Perhaps the three series will result in some kind of temporal convergence that alters the X-Men history and present in obscure ways and then Hickman explores the fallout of this in HoX/PoX.

My prediction is a lot of characters are going to be killed off. I love Rachel, but I expect that with Jean, Emma, Psylocke, and the Cuckoos surviving into the future fall books, the writers will see Rachel as an extraneous character and she won't survive past X-Force. I am not even sure how many of the dead characters in Uncanny are going to make it back or remain dead. I do think Rachel's presence on the HoX/PoX poster was just to prevent us from knowing the fate of her character, just like the Decimation poster, if she appears in HoX/PoX it will probably be a short revisit of her historical time in Excalibur as the Phoenix, they will probably go back and look at all the different Phoenix hosts over they years and how they are connected to each other.
    Interesting endgame theory........a way to possibly reset the last 15 years (Everything From E is for Extinction/Planet X, House of M/ Decimation/ End of Grey’s/ Deadly Genesis/ Rise and Fall of the Sh’ar Empire/ Kingbreaker/ War of Kings/ Messiah Complex / Utopia/ Schism gets retconned.......that would explain Emma’s presence on the team, she never became the puppet master/ pawn .......)

"What was the point of Extermination?" I asked the priest.

The pews were empty so early in the day as the sun-kissed light melded with the stained glass. In one hand, I held my apple juice box with bendy straw. And in the other, the toothpick I used to pick at the scab I got trying to hop my backyard fence to look cool. The priest got on one knee to engage me from a more humble position and licked his lips before explaining.

"Son, sometimes in this world, we become fixated on things. We have our lives revolve around them and shut everything else out. And sometimes, God finds a way to intervene, in his own mysterious ways. Sometimes, God has to use tough love and show you that despite comic books being mankind's crowning achievement, they can still hurt you. And you can do something else for a while. We need books like Extermination. To remind us that there's more to the Lord's work."

I felt the sharp needles of anxiety coupled with an adamantium lump in my throat as I prepared to ask the question.

"Father... is Mark Paniccia God?"

He smiled so warmly at me, as if I was a newborn chick who one day had to carve my own path.

"You already know the answer. You knew before you even had the knowledge needed to form the question."

I smiled back. He blessed my Avengers hardcovers and I went on my way.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

^ What the Hell? lol
    "Cable was right!"

Comic Geek in General

JSeems Extermination led into what’s going on now in the X Books.....so it’s the front bookend, Uncanny #22, Whatever # X-Force ends on and AoX Omega is the end...... of sure what the end would be and it’s aftermath......if there’s some Timey Wimey mess that Cable would have to fix (like say stepping into the time stream to fix everything Nate Grey did, Stryfe’s messing around, and the end result either Rachel is free (and reverted to say a teenager or younger, like the age she was when Ahab first took her, meaning she had to be raised by her “parents” and Cable is back to being a old man....and history changed which Hickman’s Run would explore