Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    So a lot of stuff happened that is major important. Best mini since a long time.
    I would agree, it's been fun to follow and I feel that it's been a really clunky couple of years ever since the whole I vs X mess.

BANNED

I just hope they do something with Rachel. Being reduced to a hound again is doing the character a disservice. And should she return, please do something new with her. No " I was a hound and hunted mutants" sermon again please.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I just hope they do something with Rachel. Being reduced to a hound again is doing the character a disservice. And should she return, please do something new with her. No " I was a hound and hunted mutants" sermon again please.
    I have low expectations for anything they do to/with her moving forward. I feel like her hound status is going to be a long lasting thing that will take a year to resolve, and minimal page time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    I hope they retcon who her parents are like they did with Wanda and Piero. Make it so that she was just an abandoned child they found and decide to raise up. Keep her as far away from Jean as possible.

What was the point of Extermination indeed?!?! I take a pretty good look at the event mini to see what it was all about. Hope you enjoy.

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I hope they retcon who her parents are like they did with Wanda and Piero. Make it so that she was just an abandoned child they found and decide to raise up. Keep her as far away from Jean as possible.
    And, how do you suppose that's gonna work when we've seen Scott and Jean cradling Rachel as a newborn in the future?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    And, how do you suppose that's gonna work when we've seen Scott and Jean cradling Rachel as a newborn in the future?
    My idea was a dumb joke but they have already retconned a lot of her past for example: Jean was not replaced by Phoenix in 811 to Phoenix never making contact with X-men at all. There are also a lot of inconsistencies regarding her history like earlier she shows Nightcrawler killed by an explosion and then in another book she kills him herself.
    It is established that her Phoenix messed up her memories

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I have low expectations for anything they do to/with her moving forward. I feel like her hound status is going to be a long lasting thing that will take a year to resolve, and minimal page time.
    Pray to a poster of Hickman. He has all the cards now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    My idea was a dumb joke but they have already retconned a lot of her past for example: Jean was not replaced by Phoenix in 811 to Phoenix never making contact with X-men at all.
    Some dumb jokes are pretty funny actually. However, and all jokes aside, I agree with you but only to a point. That's the problem with retcons; they tend to weaken one's suspension of disbelief... In any case I tend to ignore blatant retcons like the examples seen in Excalibur.

There are also a lot of inconsistencies regarding her history like earlier she shows Nightcrawler killed by an explosion and then in another book she kills him herself.
    It is established that her Phoenix messed up her memories
    Might you be able to provide the books you've read those inconsistencies in please? Especially the one where it's established that Phoenix messed up Rachel's memories... I'd like to re-read those issues again. Thanks!

Getting rid of the O5 in the stupidest way possible while also bringing back summers in the stupidest way possible.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Getting rid of the O5 in the stupidest way possible while also bringing back summers in the stupidest way possible.
    Yep. Also, setting up a new X-force in the dumbest way possible- by having the new "hero" murdering classic Cable because he's "weak". Yeah, people are gonna love that.

Really, how incompetent you have to be to not realize that the only good way to end the O5 in the present saga was with the 5 together with the older counterparts, and them realizing it was gonna be alright?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Some dumb jokes are pretty funny actually. However, and all jokes aside, I agree with you but only to a point. That's the problem with retcons; they tend to weaken one's suspension of disbelief... In any case I tend to ignore blatant retcons like the examples seen in Excalibur.

Might you be able to provide the books you've read those inconsistencies in please? Especially the one where it's established that Phoenix messed up Rachel's memories... I'd like to re-read those issues again. Thanks!
    It did happen in Excalibur when Rachel stopped using Phoenix force and found that her memories were messed up and was later confirmed by Phoenix itself(not sure about second part. Its been a while since I read Excalibur)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Young Cable killing Old Man Cable would've worked out better if it wasn't so close to Deadpool 2.
    Also seeing veteran X-Men get bodied by two anime children wasn't fun.
    "Cable was right!"

Extermination was a ploy to weaken Larraz by making him draw and try to lift up wackness so Hickman could get him in the damn Pokéball.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Larraz was already whispering "Hail Hickman" by the time he did Extermination.
    "Cable was right!"