Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

If anything it made him look younger. His hair was barely even gray. I’d have pegged him as 40-ish, and going for an “early Cable” look circa New Mutants #98 when he first made his debut. He was a little more “salt and pepper” then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Brolin was 48 when he filmed Deadpool 2. Not an old man. But also not a kid. Not by a long shot!
    Never knew Brolin's age, but his Cable really looked like he was in his fifties.

If anything it made him look younger. His hair was barely even gray. I’d have pegged him as 40-ish, and going for an “early Cable” look circa New Mutants #98 when he first made his debut. He was a little more “salt and pepper” then.
    LOL...no way in hell did Cable look younger than Josh Brolin

Not with those wrinkles and hair

Astonishing Member

True, Brolin’s cable is smaller than comic cable but looks about the same age. But whether or not one likes kid cable, clearly one of the purposes of the mini was setting him up.

Looked about 40 something to me. Regardless, he didn’t look like a teenager, so anyone claiming “movie synergy” as the reason for Kid Cable has me scratching my head.

Amazing Member

He’ll be back. I don’t think Kid Cable is all that long for this world. Part of Cable’s appeal was his grizzled soldier persona and merc background. Without those things he comes across as Cable Lite, figuratively and literally. They’ll bring the real deal back at some point. And I’m betting it won’t be long because I don’t think this new X-Force is going to sell very well. The art is too polarizing and Kid Cable sucks as a concept almost as bad as Jimmy Hudson. Or Kid Lobo. It actually kind of feels like that fiasco all over again to me. SMDH.
    One can only hope!

I just don’t see Kid Cable sticking around like the Teen O5 did, or OML. Those versions had their detractors, but in the main they seemed more widely liked by fans of those characters. At least at first, until they overstayed their welcome. Kid Cable isn’t liked by Cable fans from the jump, as he killed the version we all like. So he’s starting out on bad footing with fans of the character. And, let’s face it, those who already don’t like Cable probably aren’t going to suddenly like a teenage version of him. It’s just kind of pointless all around. Hence my thinking the next writer who comes along will restore Cable somehow. Or maybe Ed will undo his mistake down the line himself. Either way.

I just don’t see Kid Cable sticking around like the Teen O5 did, or OML. Those versions had their detractors, but in the main they seemed more widely liked by fans of those characters. At least at first, until they overstayed their welcome. Kid Cable isn’t liked by Cable fans from the jump, as he killed the version we all like. So he’s starting out on bad footing with fans of the character. And, let’s face it, those who already don’t like Cable probably aren’t going to suddenly like a teenage version of him. It’s just kind of pointless all around. Hence my thinking the next writer who comes along will restore Cable somehow. Or maybe Ed will undo his mistake down the line himself. Either way.
    I'm a cyclops fan, so i of course like cable. now, unfortunately cable fans are having to suffer through what cyclops fans just suffered through. your fave character is dead and a teenage version has replaced him. it's extremely frustrating because they're the same character in a sense, but they're not. i found myself mildly liking tyke, but ultimately, i just wanted the real adult scott back. i began to loathe the O5 because it seemed like they were putting off bringing cyclops back in favor of tyke. It stinks that cable fans have to suffer through this now

Agreed. And when you raise the issue on Twitter, the Marvel editors and writers act like it’s weird that you care about the age of your favorite character. Like you are the weird one because this character, who is your favorite, is now not the same and you don’t like him as much because they made him a skinny little kid.

An out of touch bunch that group. Back to basics doesn’t mean giving us more time displaced, younger (or older) versions of the characters we love.

Agreed. And when you raise the issue on Twitter, the Marvel editors and writers act like it’s weird that you care about the age of your favorite character. Like you are the weird one because this character, who is your favorite, is now not the same and you don’t like him as much because they made him a skinny little kid.

An out of touch bunch that group. Back to basics doesn’t mean giving us more time displaced, younger (or older) versions of the characters we love.
    well it stinks too because all the progression cable had, is now gone. he's a younger kid who never bonded with scott or teamed up with deadpool. all that stuff is just gone. i am reading x-force, because i love shatterstar and warpath, but i'm not sure how i feel about young cable.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    well it stinks too because all the progression cable had, is now gone. he's a younger kid who never bonded with scott or teamed up with deadpool. all that stuff is just gone. i am reading x-force, because i love shatterstar and warpath, but i'm not sure how i feel about young cable.
    Agreed, not to mention all his other progression throughout his own series. A lot of good stuff down the years. Even if they age this young Cable, if he hasn't got that he isn't our Cable...

well that parts not true. Assuming this is the same Cable (which Extermination heavily implied), he was raised by Scott for 12 years. He did everything to get Scott back bc he had bonded with him

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    well that parts not true. Assuming this is the same Cable (which Extermination heavily implied), he was raised by Scott for 12 years. He did everything to get Scott back bc he had bonded with him
    true enough, but i was thinking more along the lines of uncanny 308 and when adult cable and scott bonded. i liked those moments and now they're gone. although having the younger version will pave way for them to bond earlier in cable's life, which will be interesting

BANNED

The main points where to get rid of the o5 and relaunch X-Force. And to return Cyclops. This was to be done in such a way where the present XMen would remember bring the o5. Ahab and hound Rachel make good villains for X-Force temporarily.

Amazing Member

I guess there isn't anything stopping them from having old Cable back, is there. Time travel is a curious thing and we could see a version of him with all his history still jump into the current/future time without the knowledge of his own death...