Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Come up with a Wonder Woman story!

Just made threads like this for Batman and Superman, thought I would do the same for everyone's favorite Amazon. Just for fun let's say DC gave you a shot to write your own Wonder Woman story, but it had to follow these rules:

1. It can take place at any point in Wonder Woman's career just as long as nothing in it contradicts current continuity (and yes, it has to be in current continuity).
    2. You can use any characters (supporting or villains) you want just as long as Wonder Woman is the main character throughout the story.
    3. You can tell whatever sort of story you want, but at the end of your story everything has to return to the current status quo. No using this as a chance to "fix" things you don't like with where the current comics and Wonderfamily are at.
    4. You have to be able to fit your story in 6 issues or less.

What kind of Wonder Woman story would you tell?

A series of one-shots of her life on Themyscira, with her friendship and romance with Kasia as the ongoing thread through them. Picks up on and embellishes earlier hints on her early life, like seeing the pegasi, riding a griffin, and get to see more of life on among the Amazons. Pick up both some adventures and some coming of age stories based on rituals and customs. (For all his faults, Azzarello wrote some pretty good ones in his run.)

1. The son of Hercules wants to be trained by Wonder Woman, saying that she is the 2nd best fighter in the world (after his father of course), she agrees thinking that she can help him be a better warrior of social justice meanwhile other children of Hercules wants to fight and kill Diana, hearing from some Gods and Deities that beating her could lead them into a position of power and great wealth.

2. Wonder Woman fights a female biker gang called the Iron Amazons whose leader has her own steel chain lasso.

3. Wonder Woman ends up meeting a family who has been cursed for many generations, she helps them but the curse manifest itself into a sentient monster who feeds off of negative emotions.

4. Wonder Woman fights a powerful vampire who eats magical creatures and tries to make Diana their next meal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    1. The son of Hercules wants to be trained by Wonder Woman, saying that she is the 2nd best fighter in the world (after his father of course), she agrees thinking that she can help him be a better warrior of social justice meanwhile other children of Hercules wants to fight and kill Diana, hearing from some Gods and Deities that beating her could lead them into a position of power and great wealth.

2. Wonder Woman fights a female biker gang called the Iron Amazons whose leader has her own steel chain lasso.

3. Wonder Woman ends up meeting a family who has been cursed for many generations, she helps them but the curse manifest itself into a sentient monster who feeds off of negative emotions.

4. Wonder Woman fights a powerful vampire who eats magical creatures and tries to make Diana their next meal.
    Nice ideas!

I especially love #2, the Iron Amazon with the steel chain lasso. I want to know more!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Nice ideas!

I especially love #2, the Iron Amazon with the steel chain lasso. I want to know more!
    Don't have much but a name, Helladonna (Hell + Belladonna) lol

The year is 2020 and Wonder Woman has just defeated the Donald Trump in the presidential race, but quickly his MAGA cult followers try begin an insurrection and its up to Wonder Woman to defeat them! Basically its a combination of Wonder Woman Vol 1. #7 and a short story in #300 where Wonder Woman becomes a brutal dictator.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

A good Cheetah/Wonder Woman story that takes them to next level in Rebirth. Where Cheetah becomes a genuine threat and not only the beastly friend that can be calmed down. I'd use flashbacks to reiterate how similar Diana and Barbara Ann were, but had different backgrounds and made different choices in life that makes Cheetah Wonder Woman's dark mirror. And the threat would be related to their characters, a kind of thriller where the climax is set in a big university. I don't know, I see a burning library at the end. Etta and Steve would also be there.

It would also be a good trade to have even if the reader doesn't follow Wonder Woman regularly.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

My story sees Veronica team up with Cheetah to plunder Paradise Island. Barbara locates the island but they can’t cross the barrier, they hit a huge hurdle. However, luckily, Strife is watching from the scrying pool on Olympus and she’s like “I’m so bored right now *yawn* lets see what happens if I remove the barrier”. So Cheetah & Veronica show up in Paradise Island with drones and choppers and they air-strike the crap out the place, the Amazons are like fish in a barrel because all they have are swords and arrows. They fall within the hour, Veronica & Cheetah cannot believe how easy it was and they laugh about it

Cheetah takes the Girdle of Gaea as well as other magical artefacts, whereas Veronica takes the elixir of life from the Amazon’s fountain of youth. She’ll use the vitamin L3 to cure cancer, HIV and so on. Veronica is a mean ruthless B— but her drugs are pretty legit and she makes loads of money off of them.

So then Wonder Woman finds out about this and threatens to expose her, to which Veronica says “I’m afraid I can’t let you do that Wonder Woman, I gotta f@£$ing kill you”. She puts on a Cybersuit built from indestructible Amazonium and an epic battle ensues between the two

In the end we see Hippolyta remark on the irony that all those years Themyscira hid from Men only to wind up destroyed by Women. The end.

Mighty Member

A Priscilla Rich version of Cheetah story but she is still an archaeologist. So, if Tomb Raider was a WW villain.

Silver Swan is reworked into a leader of a small rogue state.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 01-25-2019 at 10:01 PM.

Diana Prince is an ordinary woman - except she discovers she's actually Wonder Woman under a spell to make the Amazons forget who they are and believe they're ordinary people. Together with her mother Polly Prince (Hippolyta), they must find the other Amazons and find a way to undo the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Diana Prince is an ordinary woman - except she discovers she's actually Wonder Woman under a spell to make the Amazons forget who they are and believe they're ordinary people. Together with her mother Polly Prince (Hippolyta), they must find the other Amazons and find a way to undo the spell.
    Intriguing idea!

Yeah. I like these, but for the Hercules one...

Which son? Guy had several, and that's just in the main mythology. Going by DC and DC Rebirth, it stands to reason he, somewhat like Vandal Savage, could have been popping out Demi-Gods/Quarter Gods (depending on if he ever became the God of Strength) ever since the 12 Labors and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah. I like these, but for the Hercules one...

Which son? Guy had several, and that's just in the main mythology. Going by DC and DC Rebirth, it stands to reason he, somewhat like Vandal Savage, could have been popping out Demi-Gods/Quarter Gods (depending on if he ever became the God of Strength) ever since the 12 Labors and what not.
    I was thinking it be would a newly created character who would probably be a teenager/young adult who could be Diana's new sidekick, Wonder Boy.

Incredible Member

I was thinking it be would a newly created character who would probably be a teenager/young adult who could be Diana's new sidekick, Wonder Boy.
    Wasn't robin called wonder boy?

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Wasn't robin called wonder boy?
    "Boy Wonder".