Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman Elseworlds you'd like to see

So what are Elseworld's you'd like to see concerning Wonder Woman? Feel free to expand beyond just the premise or expand other's ideas!

For me:

1. the Amazons have open borders and their technology and worldview is commonplace

2. Diana is an archaeologist that discovered the ruins of Themyscira and found artifacts that let her become a superhero

3. Wonder Woman leaves Themyscira to discover Man's World is in ruins.

That the Amazons never were enslaved and still lived in the outside world. They still have a magical barrier. Due to the Amazonian-Human world the humans were the ones to leave. A champion on both sides most merge the two sides together.

Hippoltya is the first Wonder Woman

A what if. Steve is the champion of Ares.

What if the Amazons were a sci fi concept? Supposedly Marston originally plotted a less mythical root for them, so it would be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    So what are Elseworld's you'd like to see concerning Wonder Woman? Feel free to expand beyond just the premise or expand other's ideas!

For me:

1. the Amazons have open borders and their technology and worldview is commonplace

2. Diana is an archaeologist that discovered the ruins of Themyscira and found artifacts that let her become a superhero

3. Wonder Woman leaves Themyscira to discover Man's World is in ruins.
    Wow. Awesome and original ideas. I really like 2 and 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bound4olympus View Post
    Wow. Awesome and original ideas. I really like 2 and 3
    3 as I picture it would basically be "Wonder Woman in Mad Max".

Heh, I'd love to see one where the Children of Cronus are waging a war to stop the Olympians from annihilating the human race. (Zeus likes humans, but Hera and some other gods don't) The Titans have an interesting relationship with Humans in Greek myth since they don't really care one way or the other, BUT if it means thwarting the plans of the gods?

The Amazons going to war with Olympus after Hippolyta kills Heracles in retribution for enslaving the Amazons.

What if Julia Kapatelis and Helena Sandsmark were the ones who found Themyscira instead of Steve Trevor?

Superman never lands on earth and WW takes his role.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I'd be interested in this, especially if she operates out of Metropolis and inherits his supporting cast/villains.

Incredible Member

Would that be as the WW we know? Or would it be something parallel to Superman's origin, a la "Themiscyra is destroyed, and only Diana survives, being found and raised by a family desperate to have a baby, and discovers her abilities as a teenager and her origins"?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Would that be as the WW we know? Or would it be something parallel to Superman's origin, a la "Themiscyra is destroyed, and only Diana survives, being found and raised by a family desperate to have a baby, and discovers her abilities as a teenager and her origins"?
    Preferably the WW we know, though that sounds cool too. Maybe that would work in a world where Krypton never explodes and Superman arrives as an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Preferably the WW we know, though that sounds cool too. Maybe that would work in a world where Krypton never explodes and Superman arrives as an adult.
    I was reading about Atlantis on the DC wiki, and noted something curious. I'm not sure what issue, but apparently it was a relatively old one. Anyways, the story went that Atlantis had developed space flight tech before it's collapse. The story goes that maybe Kryptonians and Thanagarians look human because they're descended from atlanteans. Maybe an elseworld that plays with that by having that NOT happen?

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Check out JLA: The Nail, an Elseworld where Superman doesn’t show up.

As for me, I’d be interested in an Elseworld where the Amazons take a hands-on role with the world from the start instead of being isolated.

An elseworld where the Amazons managed to conquer the Ancient World and built a matriarchal world; Diana discovers discontentment among Men and lead them toward a more egalitarian society

An elseworld where Diana is the sole metahuman, because of her origins (whatever they are) at first. She becomes the actual Symbol of Peace and try to lead the world away from the brink

An elseworld where the Amazons are actually penal prisoners from another world (Daxam, Krypton, Tamaran, what have you) stranded on Earth and forced on their islands thanks to the magic of humans; the truth has been forgotten by the Amazons and Diana wants to "return" to the world outside, only to be confronted by the current generation of wizards set on keeping the "devil women" trapped

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Check out JLA: The Nail, an Elseworld where Superman doesn’t show up.
    Diana doesn't really take his place, though, that's kind of the point of the Elseworld (aside from being a Silver Age homage).