Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Imperial City, Beijing, China...

Machu Picchu, Peru...

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I'm kind of reminded of Havana by Camila Cabello.
    Good ear... Hope we do get an episode in Habana.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-12-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't like the idea of Carmen being a hero. Villain driven series are becoming a dying breed outside horror.
    1990s Carmen was very much a Magnificent Bastard and had her greatest motivation to prove she was the best thief in history. On occasion 1990s Carmen would play a version of Robin Hood as well of taking from legitimate, but corrupt authority to give the items back to those she felt were deserving or team up with ACME against a bigger threat. I was hoping the show when it announced its plans would have a more Robin Hood Carmen.

This Carmen I have felt has been too much a generic modern cookie cutter protagonist to date. If you only steal from criminals to return the merchandise you are a super hero vigilante not a thief. On occasion they force Carmen to steal because she has a gun to her friends head or VILE will steal it in ten seconds if I don't take it. But, overall I agree with you there hasn't been any moral ambiguity with this Carmen. Its also turned ACME shady and stupid as a result, because they need plot contrivances to keep them apart.

I think the show probably has two or three seasons left in it. I hope they will use them to show her evolving toward more of an honorable thief role.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-28-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Incredible Member

Loved both old and new series and can't wait for the next season starting in a few days.
    My only really critic for the new series is that I would have liked for Ivy to continue her more action oriented role from the old one.
    But I can live with that.