Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Imperial City, Beijing, China...

Machu Picchu, Peru...

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I'm kind of reminded of Havana by Camila Cabello.
    Good ear... Hope we do get an episode in Habana.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-12-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I don't like the idea of Carmen being a hero. Villain driven series are becoming a dying breed outside horror.
    1990s Carmen was very much a Magnificent Bastard and had her greatest motivation to prove she was the best thief in history. On occasion 1990s Carmen would play a version of Robin Hood as well of taking from legitimate, but corrupt authority to give the items back to those she felt were deserving or team up with ACME against a bigger threat. I was hoping the show when it announced its plans would have a more Robin Hood Carmen. That isn't really what we ended up with and they veered too much into yet another super hero vigilante.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-23-2021 at 04:51 PM.

BANNED

Loved both old and new series and can't wait for the next season starting in a few days.
    My only really critic for the new series is that I would have liked for Ivy to continue her more action oriented role from the old one.
    But I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfyr View Post
    Loved both old and new series and can't wait for the next season starting in a few days.
    My only really critic for the new series is that I would have liked for Ivy to continue her more action oriented role from the old one.
    But I can live with that.
    I feel as though Ivy and Zack both should have been with ACME from the start. Carmen should have been a genuine wild card instead of the moral center of the show.

She didn't have the background to be the moral center though she could have grown towards it. After all what makes one understand that stealing is bad or killing is bad? It is not inborn as any 10 minute study of history can show. People have family, school/society, the media, and religion to tell us. If you didn't have any of those things growing up telling you something is bad [and instead are telling you the opposite] you aren't going to know it though you can slowly learn when opened up to the world.

I think the best animated show to demonstrate a protagonist with that core issue on a heroes journey was Zuko in Avatar. He grew up in Plato's Cave much like this version of Carmon and had quite a difficult time seeing the world from a different prospective and divorcing the family he grew up with. This version of Carmen's heroes journey finished in the second episode of the show rather then taking several seasons.

But, overall the series was above your typical animated TV show. The series had very strong animation, solid scripts, and some interesting characters.
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-23-2021 at 07:46 PM.

she's a beautiful lady. best of luck.