All-New Member

Default Any comics with a good Bruce/Bats balance?

Hello everyone,,
    Are there any comic series that balances the Bruce/Batman situation as well as the telltale games did? Something along the lines of the dark knight trilogy, that would mobdro.bio/ Lucky Patcher Kodi also be good. My best example of what I’m looking for, to be completely honest, would be BTAS. I loved every Bruce Wayne appearance there.
    Last edited by PetterJhon; 12-31-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Extraordinary Member

If you are looking for something like BTAS, I would say that (appart from the the actual BTAS comics series) the comics from the Bronze Age (late 60s to mid 80s) are the closest you can get. But you probably have to do a little research to find out which trades collect these.

I would suggest:
    * The recent "Batman: White Knight"
    * Knightquest: The Search
    * The Batman Adventures vol.1 and vol.2 - They are based on the BTAS
    * The newspaper strips reprinted by IDW are also very good
    * The origine story "Batman: earth-one"
    * For Bronze age Batman you can look into the Neil Adams and the Jim Aparo omnibuses, as well as the Len Wen omnibus.
    * It's an elsword but the Batman vampire trilogy is nice - Batman & Dracula: Red Rain + Batman: Bloodstorm + Batman: Crimson Mist

The 3 part Cold Days arc right after the wedding.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I'm not sure if I'd say they're "balanced" but the Greg Rucka/Ed Brubaker era of Bat-Books have a very interesting exploration of the Bruce Wayne/Batman dichotomy.

You could try Matt Wagner's Batman VS. Grendel from 1993. As long as you don't mind inter-company crossover team-ups.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-22-2019 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.

Strange Apparitions

Long Halloween, Dark Victory & Hush

Cold Days
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Originally posted by Aahz
    If you are looking for something like BTAS, I would say that (appart from the the actual BTAS comics series) the comics from the Bronze Age (late 60s to mid 80s) are the closest you can get. But you probably have to do a little
    research paper help to find out which trades collect these.
    One of my favorite ones from that period - Frank Miller's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. And yeah, though critics accused his tone of being "grim and gritty", but I don't care.
    Last edited by lumusislight; 07-21-2019 at 11:17 PM. Reason: critics quote

Bronze age up to later in the 80's had a good balance, I think.
    This is a signature. It has letters on it, and those letters form words. Words like these. I will not quote anything because I'm uninspired but, I read a lot: I could!

And this is my Tumblr. Sometimes I post stuff there.

Mighty Member

I thought the original Steve Englehart/Marshall Rogers run way back when was a great example of what you're asking about.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure if I'd say they're "balanced" but the Greg Rucka/Ed Brubaker era of Bat-Books have a very interesting exploration of the Bruce Wayne/Batman dichotomy.
    this was pretty much going to be my answer too
    specially Bruce Wayne: Murderer and Fugitive

Amazing Member

Track down (or get on Comixology or wherever) Gotham Knights #32.

The story in that issue, "24/7" is, I suspect, pretty much exactly what you're looking for.

I wish there was more of this being explored. I find Bruce, the real Bruce and millionaire playboy Bruce, just as interesting as Batman in terms of the relationships he keeps (and doesn't) and the places he can access as Bruce more easily than Batman.