Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    No drugs. Just PIS to serve Harley as DC'S new "it girl."

She manages to steal the Lasso right off Diana's hip. Bullet-deflecting reflexes? What are those?

She then uses the Lasso to take Batman hostage. God-level martial arts? What are those? She also used the Lasso to force him to tell her where he keeps his Kryptonite.

She then uses the Kryptonite to neutralize Superman, who (as usual) just stood there like a moron and just let this happen.

As Brett says, it ends with Harley leaving the Trinity in her dust, laughing all the way.
    Hell yes, he did. And Diana too. He has about ten seconds to act from when she gets the lasso on him.

Uh, hello - SUPERMAN!

message continues...
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

And WONDER WOMAN!

In other words, each of them had about 200 times as long as needed to get to Harley and knock her out with a finger tap.

Just. Bad. Writing.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

We also get a splash page with Lois saying six words while she poses in her underwear.
    Just to point out something that I don't really see folks bothering to mention about this...

Clark is easily showing more flesh than Lois in this scene. The reaction to what is a woman at home in her underwear and a tee shirt is borderline "Amish Farm".

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Clark is easily showing more flesh than Lois in this scene. The reaction to what is a woman at home in her underwear and a tee shirt is borderline "Amish Farm".
    This really belongs in the general HiC thread, but mere amount of flesh shown is not the only factor in these complaints, not even the primary one. Posing and dialogue are far more important, as well as the framing that this is a full-page spread. Back when Lois and Clark are discussing a seriously important question, professional for Lois, personal AND professional for Clark.

If this was the only instance, and in a regular frame instead of spread, then I imagine most people wouldn't care that much. But now we have the infamous Ivy cover fresh on everyone's minds, Donna's shiny breasts, showing off Batgirl's breasts, crotch, and ass, having Harley jutting out her ass in another big frame, a crotch shot for Black Canary, showing Wonder Woman's ass with a much shorter skirt than usual…

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    This really belongs in the general HiC thread, but mere amount of flesh shown is not the only factor in these complaints, not even the primary one. Posing and dialogue are far more important, as well as the framing that this is a full-page spread. Back when Lois and Clark are discussing a seriously important question, professional for Lois, personal AND professional for Clark.

If this was the only instance, and in a regular frame instead of spread, then I imagine most people wouldn't care that much. But now we have the infamous Ivy cover fresh on everyone's minds, Donna's shiny breasts, showing off Batgirl's breasts, crotch, and ass, having Harley jutting out her ass in another big frame, a crotch shot for Black Canary, showing Wonder Woman's ass with a much shorter skirt than usual…
    I'm not saying that there's no "Overall" complaint that has any validity. I wouldn't entirely agree, but that's another can of worms.

I'm just saying that the reaction to the specific Lois scene feels way overblown, to me. It's a woman in her own home sleeping in a tee shirt and her underwear. Pretty "Buttoned Down", and folks are talking like it's even remotely "Racy".

Extraordinary Member

Just to point out something that I don't really see folks bothering to mention about this...

Clark is shown lying in bed thinking., not striking a leggy pose in his briefs or pulling his shoulders way back when he climbs into bed.

Extraordinary Member

I'm not saying that there's no "Overall" complaint that has any validity. I wouldn't entirely agree, but that's another can of worms.

I'm just saying that the reaction to the specific Lois scene feels way overblown, to me. It's a woman in her own home sleeping in a tee shirt and her underwear. Pretty "Buttoned Down", and folks are talking like it's even remotely "Racy".
    She’s not sleeping, she’s posing. For some reason she has one leg up while she leans back against the door frame, conveniently revealing her briefs, while she twists the shirt with one hand to pull it tighter across her chest.

All the time while having a serious moral discussion?

Mmmmmm.

Clark is shown lying in bed thinking., not striking a leggy pose in his briefs or pulling his shoulders way back when he climbs into bed.
    "Thinking" while bare chested with his right thigh sticking out for not apparent reason. Never mind that it is just as much of a "Pose" to show off the chest.

Feels like folks are deciding to ignore that while they get fussy about what is probably a lower overall amount of flesh.

I can't really get upset with any of this because I'm enjoying Heroes in Crisis too much to care. Sure there's a lot of plot induced stupidity, but without it the plot would stop and so would the story. As is I genuinely want to know what's going to happen next, because so far I haven't got a clue. I want both Harley and Booster to be innocent.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 01-02-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

"Thinking" while bare chested with his right thigh sticking out for not apparent reason. Never mind that it is just as much of a "Pose" to show off the chest.

Feels like folks are deciding to ignore that while they get fussy about what is probably a lower overall amount of flesh.
    Although I like Heroes in Crisis 4, I wouldn't say the situations of Clark and Lois are equal. You don't have a complete page of Clark posing.

The problem isn't the clothes they are using. The problem is the fanservice is too blatant.

Is neccessary that we have a complete page for Lois in that pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Although I like Heroes in Crisis 4, I wouldn't say the situations of Clark and Lois are equal. You don't have a complete page of Clark posing.

The problem isn't the clothes they are using. The problem is the fanservice is too blatant.

Is neccessary that we have a complete page for Lois in that pose?
    "Necessary..."?

Probably not.

That big of a deal in a context where there is a third of the next page with a big beefcake panel of a shirtless Clark sprawled out in his tight F.O.L. showing some thigh?

Absolutely not.

Astonishing Member

"Necessary..."?

Probably not.

That big of a deal in a context where there is a third of the next page with a big beefcake panel of a shirtless Clark sprawled out in his tight F.O.L. showing some thigh?

Absolutely not.
    I mean I don't think they were trying to put fanservice with Clark (it was just Clark in his bed), but Lois was posing.

I mean if they want to put fanservice from Clark, they can put him in another position.
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-02-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I mean I don't think they were trying to put fanservice with Clark (it was just Clark in his bed), but Lois was posing.

I mean if they want to put fanservice from Clark, they can put him in another position.
    Agreed. A guy might reasonably look like Clark did lying in bed.

A woman would only be positioned like Lois for a photo shoot. It’s not natural positioning, it’s uses up an entire page for seven words of dialogue, and idea that the way the characters are presented here is the same is mere wishful thinking.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-02-2019 at 06:31 PM.

Agreed. A guy might reasonably look like Clark did lying in bed.

A woman would only be positioned like Lois for a photo shoot.
    It’s not natural positioning, it’s uses up an entire page for seven words of dialogue, and idea that the way the characters are presented here is the same is mere wishful thinking.
    Clark was in a "Men's Underwear Ad..." pose.

If folks want to ignore that to see whatever, their call.

Extraordinary Member

If folks want to ignore that to see whatever, their call.
    I was just thinking the same thing, kind of.

People can compare the images and judge for themselves.

Clark...

BB38B400-FDC4-4A1E-A74B-3300B1374738.jpg

Lois...

4E954667-0DA4-42D6-8AB8-3916395F7623.jpg

For me personally? That is a normal way for a guy to lie in bed. That is NOT a natural way for a woman to enter a room. Leg propped up, maybe. Pulling her tee shirt down tight across her chest at the same time?

That’s just outright provocative; my wife comes in the bedroom looking like that, I know it’s not to discuss deep moral issues.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-02-2019 at 07:44 PM.