Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Too simple, in fact.

The problem is not what Booster doesn’t know, it’s that he thinks there are things he doesn’t remember that the lasso hasn’t revealed. He actively questions whether he committed the murders but doesn’t remember.

That should not be an issue. What’s more, Booster tells Beetle that Wonder Woman TOLD HIM that maybe he just believes his innocence. Again, this is nerfing the lasso. It’s not like Max Lord giving an opinion about how great his mind control is. If Booster did it he would know it. If he doesn’t remember it can only be because he wasn’t responsible, and Diana should certainly not be saying otherwise.
    Just not the case.

Booster is simply allowing for that things do not add up. All he is doing is voicing that reality.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Matter of fact, let's just go "Simplest Terms Possible..."

- Booster says he didn't murder anyone with the Lasso on.
    - The only other survivor(far as Booster knows) has said she didn't kill anyone.
    - Has the reader seen that person deny being the murderer with the lasso on?

Once you know even two out of those three, there is no reason to just accept that there could be more to it.
    You’re still not getting it.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Just not the case.

Booster is simply allowing for that things do not add up. All he is doing is voicing that reality.
    No, he’s saying that Wonder Woman TOLD HIM he might just think he is innocent when he could actually be guilty.

So either Diana is right and they’ve nerfed the lasso, or Wonder Woman is wrong and doesn’t know how to use her own gear.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

And while we’re at it...

What the hell is up with Donna’s whole speech about Troy. It doesn’t feel like it has anything to do with anything, PLUS it’s prett well known that the Olympian gods are real and so are the legends. Achilles, Hector and all the rest actually existed.

So what’s to Speculate about?

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    This is the second instance of that happening in a King story, it happened during that double-date with Bruce and Selina in Batman too when she and Selina switched outfits.
    I wouldn't call Lois in her underwear in Batman #37 "posing". She had a good reason for being in her underwear (switching clothes with Catwoman, just as Superman did with Batman) and was in a pose where she examined Catwoman's costume and how it would fit her. It was showing her in a domestic and everyday scene.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

In the second issue of this series, King had Harley utterly humiliate the entire Trinity. Even the almighty Batgod was not granted his customary immunity from such things.

That one scene told us everything we needed to know about what kind of story we were getting. Welcome to Identity Crisis 2.0. Or Cry for Justice 2.0.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member

I didn't know a lot about the power of the Lasso.

In Heroes in Crisis 4, the lasso seems to have the ability to make a person tell the truth. However, the mind of Booster Gold is chaotic, so his truth is unreliable.

Would the Lasso of Truth work different in the past?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I wouldn't call Lois in her underwear in Batman #37 "posing". She had a good reason for being in her underwear (switching clothes with Catwoman, just as Superman did with Batman) and was in a pose where she examined Catwoman's costume and how it would fit her. It was showing her in a domestic and everyday scene.
    I never said she was posing, I said King has a knack for showing her in her underwear.

BANNED

Preview released

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Whatever other flaws this thing has, I think that's the most interesting page Donna has had in eons.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    This is the second instance of that happening in a King story, it happened during that double-date with Bruce and Selina in Batman too when she and Selina switched outfits.
    I notice in the Batcave, Clay Mann also takes the opportunity to slip in a shot of Diana’s ass cheeks.
    The double date story also had some fanservice with Clark, Bruce and Selina. Bruce even did a bending over pose. Equal opportunity fanservice is fine provided it's drawn well.

Diana's ass cheek...that doesn't sound so great, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Whatever other flaws this thing has, I think that's the most interesting page Donna has had in eons.
    Really? It just seems like she's spouting a bunch of nonsense to me that maybe reflects on her character a little but doesn't really seem all that meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really? It just seems like she's spouting a bunch of nonsense to me that maybe reflects on her character a little but doesn't really seem all that meaningful.
    Maybe it's all style and no substance, but compared to all the other crap that has been written with her in recent years, as a single page at least it has style. Nothing meaningful has been said about her in years, they've just been screwing around with her origins over and over again.

It's a nice meta commentary that Donna should just exist and be simple enough to build stories around, but they can never manage it and continue to over complicate things.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Maybe it's all style and no substance, but compared to all the other crap that has been written with her in recent years, as a single page at least it has style. Nothing meaningful has been said about her in years, they've just been screwing around with her origins over and over again.

It's a nice meta commentary that Donna should just exist and be simple enough to build stories around, but they can never manage it and continue to over complicate things.
    I have to admit, the idea that Donna Troy’s source of PTSD would be the DC writers is hilarious!

I have to admit, the idea that Donna Troy’s source of PTSD would be the DC writers is hilarious!
    If they aren't, they ought to be

This page makes me disappointed in how the rest of the story seems to be panning out (I'm avoiding it until it's in trade). HiC will ultimately sink or swim based on how permanent the deaths of Wally, Roy and Ivy are/if they even happened, but stuff like the Trinity jobbing to Harley is just lazy writing. If we were to get King on his A-game, I'd be fine him tackling Donna along with the rest of the Titans. But we never know what we will get. He's simultaneously one of the best Dick Grayson writers ever and the one who shot him in the damn head...conflicted feelings on him a go-go.

And while we’re at it...

What the hell is up with Donna’s whole speech about Troy. It doesn’t feel like it has anything to do with anything, PLUS it’s prett well known that the Olympian gods are real and so are the legends. Achilles, Hector and all the rest actually existed.

So what’s to Speculate about?
    Its a metaphor on her own confusing history. Troy exists as a historical site, they found it, but are any of the stories about it true? Or are they all just made up, or the result of crossed wires? Likewise Donna Troy exists, but are any of her origins/history true? Are they all wrong and if so what the hell is her origin and history?

At least that's what I read it as meaning. If that's it I'd actually find it the first clever piece of dialogue in the entire series to date, and only then if its an indicator they'll actually fix it, and not a sign that they think this is enduring to her character. Because its not, its quite sad that she has no history that makes sense past one run to the next.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-01-2019 at 05:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El