Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Wrong.

You are basing what you are saying on the assertion that Booster has done something and is not telling the truth about it by some means.

The "Obvious" is that he did not, and is telling something close to his "Objective" truth.
    EXACTLY! Booster could not have done it, and there is no reason for Wonder Woman to believe otherwise. That’s just poor writing to support the plot.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    EXACTLY! Booster could not have done it, and there is no reason for Wonder Woman to believe otherwise. That’s just poor writing to support the plot.
    Again, wrong.

While Booster might not have done it, there are clearly "Objective" truth elements that seemingly do not fit. That is obviously a reason to believe otherwise.

Extraordinary Member

Again, wrong.

While Booster might not have done it, there are clearly "Objective" truth elements that seemingly do not fit. That is obviously a reason to believe otherwise.
    No, there aren’t. If he didn’t do it, he didn’t do it. This isn’t Schrodinger’s cat.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

No, there aren’t. If he didn’t do it, he didn’t do it. This isn’t Schrodinger’s cat.
    Again, you are not going with "Obvious".

The "Objective" pieces that are there leave you with reason to doubt. Even if they do not lead you to "Booster absolutely had to have done it."

Extraordinary Member

Again, you are not going with "Obvious".

The "Objective" pieces that are there leave you with reason to doubt. Even if they do not lead you to "Booster absolutely had to have done it."
    They don’t. Either Booster didn’t do it or King is writing the lasso badly.

Astonishing Member

In Heroes in Crisis 4, the lasso of truth has the power to make the person tell his truth, but this is only based on the mind and memories of the person.

However, according to some, the lasso should have the power to clear the mind to get the truth. Then, illusions or hallucinations should be eliminated too.

If the lasso has the power to clear the mind, so it was nerfed for Heroes in Crisis.

That said, comics aren't precisely consistent with powers, how consistent tend to be the power of the lasso?
    Last edited by Konja7; 01-01-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    In Heroes in Crisis 4, the lasso of truth has the power to make the person tell his truth, which is based on the mind and memories of the person.

However, according to some, the lasso should have the power to clear the mind to get the truth. Then, illusions or hallucinations should be eliminated.
    Essentially, yes. There is precedent in the stories for this to be the case.

Sadly there is also precedent for writers to ignore this.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-01-2019 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    In the second issue of this series, King had Harley utterly humiliate the entire Trinity. Even the almighty Batgod was not granted his customary immunity from such things.

That one scene told us everything we needed to know about what kind of story we were getting. Welcome to Identity Crisis 2.0. Or Cry for Justice 2.0.
    Hi, Vanguard! I wanted to confirm my understanding of what you wrote above. Am I understanding correctly that HARLEY QUINN took on Superman, Batman, AND the Wonder Woman and was NOT stopped in fractions of a second with very little effort?

If so, were they ...drugged or somesuch?

None of this is "Nerfing" it.

It is simply pointing out the realistic limit that it has always had.
    I think it's the latest in a long line of limits that writers have been adding to it. As defined in volume 2 in its binds madness, memory loss, and a host of other barriers would not prevent those captive from speaking truthfully. Absent the lasso, Diana's natural, unfocused ability would influence those in her proximity to soeak what they might believe to be true. But in the lasso's embrace they would be compelled to face and speak the truth even if that truth is not what they consciously believe.

Unfortunately it looks like it has taken yet another hit.

Soooooooooooo business as usual at DC I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Hi, Vanguard! I wanted to confirm my understanding of what you wrote above. Am I understanding correctly that HARLEY QUINN took on Superman, Batman, AND the Wonder Woman and was NOT stopped in fractions of a second with very little effort?

Harley did something that peak humans have been doing a long time in DC. It was stupid but it pretty much stand practice for most of the Bat family , Green Arrow,Black Canary and bunch of other people to occasionally do something similar .If people complain about this they are thousands of things similar to this in DC cartoons,tv shows,movies and comics they should be complaining about honestly. Once again it was stupid but it is standard practice now and since the main culprit had it happen to him it is kinda funny.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 01-02-2019 at 03:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Vanguard is indeed correct. She totally schools all three of them and bounces away laughing.

Literally.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Harley did something that peak humans have been doing a long time in DC. It was stupid but it pretty much stand practice for most of the Bat family , Green Arrow,Black Canary and bunch of other people to occasionally do something similar .If people complain about this they are thousands of things similar to this in DC cartoons,tv shows,movies and comics they should be complaining about honestly. Once again it was stupid but it is standard practice now and since the main culprit had it happen to him it is kinda funny.
    To any one of them, sure. To any two of them, maybe.

But in the space of thirty seconds to steal the lasso, rope Batman with it, use his Kryptonite to deck Superman because neither he or Wonder Woman can move fast enough (!?), then run away leaving all three behind and evade Supermans senses?

That’s just beyond.

To any one of them, sure. To any two of them, maybe.

But in the space of thirty seconds to steal the lasso, rope Batman with it, use his Kryptonite to deck Superman because neither he or Wonder Woman can move fast enough (!?), then run away leaving all three behind and evade Supermans senses?

That’s just beyond.
    Beyond What? Something that Batman would do ? Harley Quinn had a Batgod moment against Batman which makes it funny. They let peak humans hit Superman and Flash all the time this ain't out of realm of that. I can't get work up about the scene that is DC.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

No drugs. Just PIS to serve Harley as DC'S new "it girl."

She manages to steal the Lasso right off Diana's hip. Bullet-deflecting reflexes? What are those?

She then uses the Lasso to take Batman hostage. God-level martial arts? What are those? She also used the Lasso to force him to tell her where he keeps his Kryptonite.

She then uses the Kryptonite to neutralize Superman, who (as usual) just stood there like a moron and just let this happen.

As Brett says, it ends with Harley leaving the Trinity in her dust, laughing all the way.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Beyond What? Something that Batman would do ? Harley Quinn had a Batgod moment against Batman which makes it funny. They let peak humans hit Superman and Flash all the time this ain't out of realm of that. I can't get work up about the scene that is DC.
    Harley Quinn made Wonder Woman look like a joke, which is sad. And it is just crappy writing that I am paying money for. Which is why I'm pulling this title of my list to spend on.