I liked most of what Perez did. The fiasco with Diana debuting after both the JSA and the JLA formed was a decision made on DC editorial's part, not Perez's so as bad as it was, we can't hold that against Perez. As for what Perez can be held accountable for is aging Steve and Etta beyond Diana's generation, making Steve an unlikely romantic interest. I feel this was Perez's biggest flaw. Both Superman and Batman survived with their main love interests in tact(Lois Lane & Catwoman). Another thing that I didn't think was the best decision on Perez's part is having Diana get her blessing before the contest. I'm not sure how any other Amazon had a shot at winning the contest with Diana having Superman level abilities.

What did Perez do well? Revamping her rogues gallery. Cheetah, Dr. Pshycho, and Silver Swan were amped up just like Diana. While he used characters from public domain, he gave characters like Ares, Circe, Deimos, Phobos, and Decay horror-inducing make-overs. I also like that he had Hermes befriend Diana. Their rap-our almost always made for good times.