Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I was ready but I still wasn't ready, ya know? I was expecting a multiversal Superman origin analogue but I was not expecting such a comprehensive origin; and the art is stellar! Jamal Campbell is definitely earning a place in the conversation as one of DC's new superstar artist. I am looking to Far Sector even more!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I have just read the issue and wow there was lot to take in, I love me some good exposition and I soaked in it, there was some choppy waters, things that took me out but overall I enjoyed all the information I was given.

With these answers there are still so many questions, the biggest one being spoilers:
    what exactly are Naomi's abilities, just with this issue it was revealed that essentially Naomi is a miracle baby from people who thought they themselves were infertile and on top of that Naomi's mom says the crisis just gave them access to their "natural gifts" (i.e someone smart became smarter), but as mentioned Naomi is of pure blood, so what does that entail.
    end of spoilers And this newest issue alone raised questions or rather brought up possibilities as well. spoilers:
    Zambado at the end of the comic just said "they led me into a new world and just in time" like does that mean Naomi's birth planet is about to die out/become inhabitable. And then there's the fact that in that dream that Naomi saw in issue 2, everybody that was fighting seem to have abilities or mutations and that was more than 8. Then this issue also mentions 7 people left that earth and they could be anywhere or anyone.
    end of spoilers

And there's just so much more, there's just so much more to talk about.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Screenshot_20190515-172347_Twitter.jpg

Shocking to hear that this is a top 5 seller.

ETA: Before anyone else is confused I'm referring to it being a top 5 seller in a comic shop like the tweet implies.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 05-17-2019 at 01:06 PM.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I was ready but I still wasn't ready, ya know? I was expecting a multiversal Superman origin analogue but I was not expecting such a comprehensive origin; and the art is stellar! Jamal Campbell is definitely earning a place in the conversation as one of DC's new superstar artist. I am looking to Far Sector even more!
    Hells yeah. The art on this thing is next level. Jamal Campbell has quickly risen to the upper echelons of artists I make a point to follow, along with Ivan Reis, Ryan Sook, Howard Porter, & Adam Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I wasn't ready. Neither for the art, nor the story, nor the potential this series just created, like, with a snap of its creators' fingers.

I was so not ready.
    I was gonna trade wait this, but......I can't, can I? I gotta get caught up on this right now, don't I?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I was gonna trade wait this, but......I can't, can I? I gotta get caught up on this right now, don't I?
    I don't know how quickly the TPB is coming out or how easily you'll be able to find the previous issues, but, yeah, this is a pretty gorgeous book with a great hook and some cool new characters.

Comixology will help you if you can't find the issues. But since they keep being reprinted, I guess you should find them in paper.

Honestly, I can't wait for the trade to be announced, so I can freaking buy it and have the series both as a book and my computer...

Trying to think up what season 2 of Naomi can even be about and how long are we gonna have to wait to have a season 2.

You should definitely get the trade so that all the beautiful art is in your hands, plus Bendis decompression writing works well with trades.

But since we don't know when the TPB is coming out... maybe just buy all the issues on comixology when June hits.

~~

~~

Just called my LCS and had them put what they've got in my box. Hopefully they can get ahold of the other issues too. If not.....comixology it is! And then the trade!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

This issue pretty much sealed the deal. This is my favorite series currently running at DC Comics. The nice slow build up, the awesome amount of character interaction especially in regards to her parents, and the fantastic history to where Naomi comes from. Bendis is really hitting it out of the park, that's for sure.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I had pretty much thought I wasn't going to read this series, and I am so glad I started. Each issue has grabbed me and held my attention.

The artwork in this issue is amazing! Love it!!!

This comic so far has been electric to say the least...maybe the best art out right now.

I can't access my issues right now, but was it Naomi's mother who died on Earth in issue 4 ? I would find it strange considering her implied powers and all. Anyone can confirm or infirm ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Screenshot_20190515-172347_Twitter.jpg

Shocking to hear that this is a top 5 seller.
    Unfortunately, Naomi isn't a top 5 seller, its floppies sales are under 20K. Athough Naomi #4 increase sales a little with respect to the two previous issues.

Trades may sell better, but we still don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Unfortunately, Naomi isn't a top 5 seller, its floppies sales are under 20K. Athough Naomi #4 increase sales a little with respect to the two previous issues.

Trades may sell better, but we still don't know.
    I suspect he meant in the LCS in question. I wouldn't be surprised that in some, it is a very good seller.