Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The covers of November's Young Justice with our girl :

that second cover...ooff...does not do her any justice. that cover aside, I'm all excited to get some more Naomi.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    The covers of November's Young Justice with our girl :

Poor amethyst stuck between superboys crotch

Did people see the Far Sector comic solicitation, it's 12 issues, so we may not see Naomi's second season until very late 2020 but most like 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Poor amethyst stuck between superboys crotch
    Lol

I'm excited to see what makes Naomi join the team.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Did people see the Far Sector comic solicitation, it's 12 issues, so we may not see Naomi's second season until very late 2020 but most like 2021.
    I didn't think we'd see it for at least 12-18 months, so I can't say I'm surprised, but that's gonna be a long damn wait.

I'm excited to see what makes Naomi join the team.
    Do we know that she's actually joining? I thought this was just an appearance/team-up for a few issues? Man, that wait until season 2 would be a lot easier if Naomi is a regular part of YJ during the hiatus.....

I figure she gets with them for the training. Her dad and Dee can teach her how to be a soldier and warrior, but they can't teach her to be a superhero. YJ can.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I didn't think we'd see it for at least 12-18 months, so I can't say I'm surprised, but that's gonna be a long damn wait.

Do we know that she's actually joining? I thought this was just an appearance/team-up for a few issues? Man, that wait until season 2 would be a lot easier if Naomi is a regular part of YJ during the hiatus.....

I figure she gets with them for the training. Her dad and Dee can teach her how to be a soldier and warrior, but they can't teach her to be a superhero. YJ can.
    I don't think they've come out and ssid she's part of the team longterm, it looks to me like she's joining the team for a while to keep her interest up in her off-season. She's slated for an appearance here and in Action Comics, so i would like to think we could be seeing her take a tour around the DC landscape with features and cameos in different titles.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

I mean Naomi could be guest starring but the solicits do use the word "joining".

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I mean Naomi could be guest starring but the solicits do use the word "joining".
    Eh, trust not the solicits; they lie.

And "joining" could just mean "joining for the story."

Dont get me wrong, I'd be happy to see her join the team long-term....I just dont think that's the plan. At least not yet.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't think they've come out and ssid she's part of the team longterm, it looks to me like she's joining the team for a while to keep her interest up in her off-season. She's slated for an appearance here and in Action Comics, so i would like to think we could be seeing her take a tour around the DC landscape with features and cameos in different titles.
    It would make sense for it to be only YJ and Action she appears in, actually. Because they're both Bendis books and he was one of her solo's writers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hopefully, she'll remain on YJ/Action long enough for it to be her training arc, so when her next solo returns, she'll be able to take on Zumbado and other potential new rogues, just for her !

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It would make sense for it to be only YJ and Action she appears in, actually. Because they're both Bendis books and he was one of her solo's writers.
    i mean sure, obviously she would appear in Bendis' books first, but I wouldn't be surprised if she pops up in a couple other titles also. unlike most no characters, DC has no excuse NOT to capitalize on Naomi because she's proven financially successful, critically well received, and has top tier talent attached. it wouldn't break the character if she only appears in YJ and Action because she'll still have 2 books to appear in, but it would kinda be a waste to leave her only in Bendis' hands. Both Miles Morales and Riri Williams worked great and found their respective voices when they were allowed to be explored by other writers and be part of the larger Marvel universe. however, this is DC we're talking about, they have fucked surefire characters before and they seem insistent on the idea that only about 4 in the entire DC landscape deserve competent management, so it's possible they expect Bendis to do all the heavy lifting getting this character of the ground and cementing her place at DC. if anyone is willing to do the least it would be DC. We'll have to wait at see.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 08-18-2019 at 08:58 AM.

currently following:

All-New Member

Just hearing the name Mcduffie brought back so many memories of watching static shock when i was a kid, seriously now i want a Naomi cartoon.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigman321 View Post
    Just hearing the name Mcduffie brought back so many memories of watching static shock when i was a kid, seriously now i want a Naomi cartoon.
    Once the character is established more and her world and supporting cast fleshed out more, I wouldn't be surprised if Naomi makes the jump to outside media very soon. She's a perfect entry point into the larger DCU for mainstream audiences.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Once the character is established more and her world and supporting cast fleshed out more, I wouldn't be surprised if Naomi makes the jump to outside media very soon. She's a perfect entry point into the larger DCU for mainstream audiences.
    I do hope she gets at least some push. Batman: The Brave and the Bold was a great place to showcase Aquaman and Blue Beetle and, had it kept going, that'd be a great place to show her off too. The same can be said for Justice League Action! As it is, she may get to be in an upcoming season of Young Justice, but I'll be honest, never got much into that. Nevertheless, great to see Naomi spinning off into some other things.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I do hope she gets at least some push. Batman: The Brave and the Bold was a great place to showcase Aquaman and Blue Beetle and, had it kept going, that'd be a great place to show her off too. The same can be said for Justice League Action! As it is, she may get to be in an upcoming season of Young Justice, but I'll be honest, never got much into that. Nevertheless, great to see Naomi spinning off into some other things.
    I don't think Young Justice would be a good fit for her either. That show is a bit too self-serious and, when it does try to be comedic, it is painfully unfunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think Young Justice would be a good fit for her either. That show is a bit too self-serious and, when it does try to be comedic, it is painfully unfunny.
    Well what about that new DC superhero girls cartoon?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"