Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

D you are not suspicious. Not. At. All...

Also, damn it that art...

I just realized how large D's hand is ...he really is not of this world.

I'll be honest, it's the eyes which I noticed. I didn't even pay attention to the hands

20190117_222159.jpg

A pic that Jamal Campbell posted on instagram.

Another interview, this time from the Washington Post but very similar to the multiversitycomics.com interview.

Balancing out the return of so many fan-favorite characters with Wonder Comics is the creation of a new one: Naomi, a young girl of color in a Pacific Northwest neighborhood where nothing ever happens, yet she is somehow connected to the one time something (involving superheroes) did happen in her town.

Being allowed to freely create new characters at DC reminds Bendis of the time comic-book legend Jack Kirby came to DC in 1970 after years at Marvel and created the Fourth World, which resulted in the making of the New Gods and one of DC’s greatest villains ever, Darkseid.

“This is not the Fourth World, and I would never compare myself,” Bendis says. “But you can’t help but [say] you’ve been given the exact same freedom to do something with it. So David and I and Jamal have been working very hard to build something brand new. The story starts very intimate and small, and it opens into an enormous thing that literally will be added to the DC universe and any writer can play with.”
    source

Sounds like a whole new world might be created...

StorySaver_pryce14_49440961_242473073309859_4794686303537504530_n.jpg

A screenshot from Jamal Campbell's instagram story of an image he posted a day or two ago. Nothing too revealing but part of what we do see is what looks like a cavern and we can see that this is from issue #3.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

A screenshot from Jamal Campbell's instagram story of an image he posted a day or two ago. Nothing too revealing but part of what we do see is what looks like a cavern and we can see that this is from issue #3.
    Damn it. Campbell and Bendis love to tease and spoil this comics, don't they ? I hope it'll sell half as well as YJ #1. New heroes, characters and corners of the DCU deserves some love !

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

why is he still using CS6 smh
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

20190120_001302.jpg
    20190120_001348.jpg

Source is from Bleeding Cool, better quality pics next week when it's officially released.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-19-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Better quality.

Those designs screams Marvel Cosmics Gods and Entities to me (Eternity the Living Tribunal, Galactus, etc.).

I think that Bendis will develop Noami in that direction; hopefully, some of DC's own Cosmic Entities won't be forgotten (the Omega Titans and Imperiex, for instance, could fit there, if I'm not completely wrong).

Kon93

Omg is she the monitors daughter?

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    Omg is she the monitors daughter?
    It's one of my theories, since her last name has been redacted in the solicitation for issue 1. And what black character has a connection to the Multiverse like Nix Uotan ? Another guess is that she's a full-blown new cosmic entity (or an half-breed between a human and a cosmic one). In any case, she's said to open a whole new corner of the cosmic DCU, which is great.

In the recent interviews that have come out, Bendis has mentioned Jack Kirby's Fourth World and has talked about being tasked with creating something new for the DC Universe, that makes me believe everything involving Naomi will be brand new, obviously I could be wrong so it'll be interesting to see if any pre-existing characters get a makeover and are integrated in Naomi's world.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Yeah, those mentions of the Fourth World are the only things that make me truly think Naomi will be related to something totally new. Still, I can't help but hope that Bendis will not only add brand new toys to the DCU, but also plays with some recent additions left to limbo, like the Houses of Immortals, someday.

But right now, I want Naomi to go through the roofs !