Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Still unsure about how I feel with Naomi in Young Justice.

On the one hand, it's better than limbo until Jamal Campbell can return to the second season of her solo series. On the other hand, I don't want her to be swallowed into a team, or see her wonderful setting explored first in Young Justice.

I want to discover her birth Earth, her friends and her family (both adoptive and of birth) from her own eyes only, not drowned through the mix of the Young Justice cast.

At least she looks stunning in the art here.

Mighty Member

Ok, never read Naomi....
    I saw that it was discussed here already, but what are her powers?

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Naomi_(Prime_Earth)

I mean this here sounds spectacular (godlike powers) but the description here doesnt sound so spectacular...

Its also funny that YJ gets plenty FEMALE NEW CHARACTERS....

Teen Lantern,Amethyst,Hex and now Naomi-4! NEW FEMALES who are also NEW CHARACTERS...

We don't yet know her powers. We should discover them next week, with the final issue of her first mini however.

What I suspect she has, as a baseline is : Super-strength, Super-Resilience, Super-Endurance and Flight. She also has for sure a form of light-generation power and possibly a teleportation power.

She's born from people who said that they received godlike abilities, but we don't really know for sure what they were. My theory is that they all received Superman level physical abilities, completed by godly enhanced traits they had before (like, a genius became incredibly more intelligent, someone playing tactical rpg/wargames became a brilliant strategist/tactician, etc.), their powers apparently reflecting their abilities and interests, fitting their personalities (Zumbado's burning rage at the world is now apparent because he's literally producing smoke with every breath he takes, as far as I can tell, for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Still unsure about how I feel with Naomi in Young Justice.

On the one hand, it's better than limbo until Jamal Campbell can return to the second season of her solo series. On the other hand, I don't want her to be swallowed into a team, or see her wonderful setting explored first in Young Justice.

I want to discover her birth Earth, her friends and her family (both adoptive and of birth) from her own eyes only, not drowned through the mix of the Young Justice cast.

At least she looks stunning in the art here.
    I don't think there should be anything to worry about unless you're under the impression she's joining Young Justice and not just guest starring.

With Young Justice travelling the multiverse lining up with Jamal doing Far Sector, it kind of perfectly opens the door for Naomi's earth to possibly be revealed and explored in a comic that has a possibly different audience that could potentially bring more eyes to Naomi's second season.

Plus this is just a sucky situation for the Naomi character to be in, to have so good an artist as one of her co-creators that her own comic can't continue b/c fans and the other co-creator of that character want that artist to keep drawing her solo, so her comics stuck and unless we want Naomi's story to stay on pause as well, it's best Bendis adapt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I don't think there should be anything to worry about unless you're under the impression she's joining Young Justice and not just guest starring.

With Young Justice travelling the multiverse lining up with Jamal doing Far Sector, it kind of perfectly opens the door for Naomi's earth to possibly be revealed and explored in a comic that has a possibly different audience that could potentially bring more eyes to Naomi's second season.

Plus this is just a sucky situation for the Naomi character to be in, to have so good an artist as one of her co-creators that her own comic can't continue b/c fans and the other co-creator of that character want that artist to keep drawing her solo, so her comics stuck and unless we want Naomi's story to stay on pause as well, it's best Bendis adapt.
    Read whats written under the pic:
    Naomi JOINS Young Justice with issue 10

So its SURE that she will be a MEMBER of the Team and NOT guest starring..

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Read whats written under the pic:
    Naomi JOINS Young Justice with issue 10

So its SURE that she will be a MEMBER of the Team and NOT guest starring..
    I have reading comprehension skills thank you very much, and my eyesight is 20/20 so the capslock is unnecessary.

I listened to the Bendis tapes and he didn't mention Naomi being a part of the YJ team when talking about plans for her, we have no idea if the word "join" is in relation to an arc or the team as a whole, most people would question that. I've also been following Bendis long enough to realize that he doesn't always mean what I think he means...

I'm under no illusion/delusion about Naomi in YJ considering some of the earlier interviews about Naomi was about the fact that the only reason why they didn't introduce her in YJ is b/c they felt that her origin needed focus, but I personally need more clarity, and since I am unsure I am writing and stating things as if there was no confirmation.

Also if you'd have taken the time go back a couple of pages your question about Naomi's power would have been answered or idk the wiki also helps.

Astonishing Member

Also if you'd have taken the time go back a couple of pages your question about Naomi's power would have been answered or idk the wiki also helps.
    I don't see the problem with Masterff asking about Naomi's powers.

This is the appreciation thread for Naomi, so Masterff assumed people would know the answer here.

Of course, no one is forced to answer his question.

Mighty Member

I have reading comprehension skills thank you very much, and my eyesight is 20/20 so the capslock is unnecessary.

I listened to the Bendis tapes and he didn't mention Naomi being a part of the YJ team when talking about plans for her, we have no idea if the word "join" is in relation to an arc or the team as a whole, most people would question that. I've also been following Bendis long enough to realize that he doesn't always mean what I think he means...

I'm under no illusion/delusion about Naomi in YJ considering some of the earlier interviews about Naomi was about the fact that the only reason why they didn't introduce her in YJ is b/c they felt that her origin needed focus, but I personally need more clarity, and since I am unsure I am writing and stating things as if there was no confirmation.

Not really...
    If you read here:

Naomi is a new character and so there isnt much information about her powers and if you read in this wiki entry you only find "godlike powers" which suggests more than the powers which she displayed so far.

I dont think that she is only there for one arc or so...it could be because also Empress,Arrowette etc. left the team after some arcs, but at the moment I am pretty sure that she will be a permanent member of the team (at least until she splits from the team)

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    I don't see the problem with Masterff asking about Naomi's powers.

This is the appreciation thread for Naomi, so Masterff assumed people would know the answer here.

Of course, no one is forced to answer his question.
    I didn't say there was a problem, but I did imply actually looking through a couple of pages could have saved them from typing up their original post.

You brought up a good point about this being an appreciation thread so I'll probably put up some information on the first page about Naomi and her world once issue 6 is released to help fans.

Not really...
    If you read here:

Naomi is a new character and so there isnt much information about her powers and if you read in this wiki entry you only find "godlike powers" which suggests more than the powers which she displayed so far.
    Exactly, there's nothing there which means no information has come out, which means no one knows ...yet.

Naomi has not displayed any abilities other than possibly teleporting.

And tbh "godlike abilities" is what most superheroes essentially have in comparison to non-powered people, I don't think it's something to be taken that literally but we shall see next week.

I dont think that she is only there for one arc or so...it could be because also Empress,Arrowette etc. left the team after some arcs, but at the moment I am pretty sure that she will be a permanent member of the team (at least until she splits from the team)
    Well a couple of articles have also stated that Naomi is joining Young Justice so I guess we're running with it full heartedly based off the Instagram post.

As for the rest, Empress and Arrowrette haven't been introduced, there has been no other arcs unless you're using Tim's memories of them and saying they left in a previous incarnation of the team that Tim didn't remember (before Zatanna's help).

Yeah I can see Naomi being a permanent member, tbh I was under the impression that if Naomi joined Amethyst would be gone by then for her own comic launch.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 07-03-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Naomi's solo will only be on hiatus after next issue, it'll be back next year. Both her and Amy could be on YJ at the same time as having solos.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I just though of something.

Let's say that Naomi is well received in Young Justice, any other guest appearance she'll makes in other books (like Superman or Action Comics, I can't remember) and then return for a second season of her solo, as good as the first...

Do you think that DC would try to push her more at the forefront after that ? I mean, I like Young Justice, I prefer her there than in the Legion of Super-Heroes, in the end, but... Say you're a DC/WB execs and you see how she's that hot and well loved topic of discussion, a brand new character who seems to click with a lot of readers... What would you do with her ? Would you try to bring her to the big team, the Justice League ? Or truly cement her as one of the most powerful members of a younger generation and thus firmly in place with their teams (Young Justice or Teen Titans) ? Would you perhaps devise a brand new team where she would lead them (a team of multiversal refugees perhaps) ?

Honestly, I can't stop thinking about it, now that I've opened this can of worms in my mind !

Extraordinary Member

What is the selling point of this comic, to go this long without demonstrating her abilities, why entertain her on a team.

The characters are deeply touching, for me.

Of course, Jamal Campbell's art is a plus, but event without it, I would like the characters : Naomi, her parents, Dee, Annabelle... they are all touching, even if obviously- still not developed much. Add to that her actual origin, the mysteries surrounding her birth's Earth and the vast expanse of new, never walked before, cosmology she opens to the whole of DC's creators... It's brimming with so much potential, be it just the peoples changed by the Crisis, or what they did to the world and their followers, the carving up of kingdom, normal peoples turning into god-like beings...

Damn, there is almost too much for me to contemplate ! The only recent addition to the DCU which gave me such goosebumps was the Dark Multiverse, because of how endless it is, a vast trove for peoples to craft new stories and with the possibility to make them true universes if they are "stable" !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just though of something.

Let's say that Naomi is well received in Young Justice, any other guest appearance she'll makes in other books (like Superman or Action Comics, I can't remember) and then return for a second season of her solo, as good as the first...

Do you think that DC would try to push her more at the forefront after that ? I mean, I like Young Justice, I prefer her there than in the Legion of Super-Heroes, in the end, but... Say you're a DC/WB execs and you see how she's that hot and well loved topic of discussion, a brand new character who seems to click with a lot of readers... What would you do with her ? Would you try to bring her to the big team, the Justice League ? Or truly cement her as one of the most powerful members of a younger generation and thus firmly in place with their teams (Young Justice or Teen Titans) ? Would you perhaps devise a brand new team where she would lead them (a team of multiversal refugees perhaps) ?

Honestly, I can't stop thinking about it, now that I've opened this can of worms in my mind !
    I suspect that Naomi will stick to Bendis' books, at least until the end of season 2. So unless its got Bendis' name on the cover, the League and Titans are out. I dont actually think she'll join YJ either. I think she'll be on some kind of road trip, spending a few issues in a title, then moving on and guest staring in another. That'll get her some increased exposure and build hype for season 2.

When season 2 is done? Who knows. That's a long way out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Naomi's solo will only be on hiatus after next issue, it'll be back next year. Both her and Amy could be on YJ at the same time as having solos.
    Well of course Amy and Naomi could be on the team together, but I've kept up with Bendis interviews, particularly when it came to wonder comics and based on the questions asked it always sounded like:

Bendis was gonna introduce Amethyst in YJ and spin her off in her solo, while he was gonna give Naomi's origin the attention he and David Walker thought she needed before plopping her on YJ.

I personally didn't expect any overlap in that plan but here we are, Naomi is popular enough to warrant a continuation, but her solo is on pause while Amethyst's book is no where to be found.

And did Bendis say Naomi's coming out next year b/c outside of that there has been no word about that or about whether or not Far Sector was a mini, maxi, or an ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What is the selling point of this comic, to go this long without demonstrating her abilities, why entertain her on a team.
    I would say the "point" of the comic to wait this long is to introduce the mysteries that covertly connected to Naomi as a person, as well as introducing the town and supporting characters who will most likely be fleshed out in season 2 and 3 etc.