Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Just so everyone won't have to click off to see:

and yeah, this is a great rendition of the character! I was worried how Naomi would translate to other artists, it's no Campbell, but this does alleviate that worry a bit. I'll have to see her in action in the book and others before I am fully no longer worried.
    Still pretty good art but just like with Bishop braids and cornrows are hard for some artist to draw. In this case they look like locks which might be ultimately easier to draw for most artist than detailed braids.

Despite what Bendis retweeted yesterday, and what that person is saying about comic shops, I'm gonna believe that the book is coming out on July 10th since the book has been pushed back 3 times already.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Still pretty good art but just like with Bishop braids and cornrows are hard for some artist to draw. In this case they look like locks which might be ultimately easier to draw for most artist than detailed braids.
    Yeah that's gonna be the case for the guest appearances.

Shout out to lemonpeace for ruining my life by recommending this book and character. I am all caught up and it makes me sad because there is no more to read as of now. I’m totally digging Naomi and her supporting cast.

So am I understanding correctly, that this run will be ending soon?

Next issue is the last of season 1, yes.

But apparently, there has been a lot of good will (and sells, I suspect) for Naomi, so DC has green-lighted something big (at least a second Season, possible a long maxi-series or even an ongoing). But she'll appears in Action Comics, possible Event Leviathan (I think? I may be confused here) and other books by Bendis (Young Justice is a given, since they are in the Multiverse right now and Naomi's birth Earth is somewhere in there).

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Next issue is the last of season 1, yes.

But apparently, there has been a lot of good will (and sells, I suspect) for Naomi, so DC has green-lighted something big (at least a second Season, possible a long maxi-series or even an ongoing). But she'll appears in Action Comics, possible Event Leviathan (I think? I may be confused here) and other books by Bendis (Young Justice is a given, since they are in the Multiverse right now and Naomi's birth Earth is somewhere in there).
    Okay, okay, I can wait for a Season Two. I guess I’ll be branching out. Got to keep supporting good characters.

This reminds me... I need to pick up YJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Shout out to lemonpeace for ruining my life by recommending this book and character. I am all caught up and it makes me sad because there is no more to read as of now. I’m totally digging Naomi and her supporting cast.

So am I understanding correctly, that this run will be ending soon?
    Ahaha sorry man! It's been too good, I was emotionally obligated to recommend it. I'm glad you've enjoyed it.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Really wish DC would make more of an effort to create more diverse heroes similar to the way they have with Naomi. Creating new characters who are POC is far better than just “race swapping” an already existing character. I know it’s difficult to sell an all new character in the current market but the way they’ve gone about introducing Naomi should be their strategy moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really wish DC would make more of an effort to create more diverse heroes similar to the way they have with Naomi. Creating new characters who are POC is far better than just “race swapping” an already existing character. I know it’s difficult to sell an all new character in the current market but the way they’ve gone about introducing Naomi should be their strategy moving forward.
    Or shackling them to another character/franchise. I say that as someone who absolutely loves Duke, them chaining him to the Batfamily has limited his mobility despite it getting a lot of eyes on him initially. I'm not against adding new characters of color to existing franchises but if they aren't given room to do much outside the shadow of their white counterparts/leads it does more harm than good.

Naomi is a case study of how to sell not just a character of color but how to sell a new character PERIOD. A good push, a link to biggers characters in the DC landscape without it being to be all encompassing to their story, and a solid story about and focusing on them to start them off.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-20-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

what are Naomi's powers and skills?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Besides emanating a lot of light?

She was able to draw little circles of light in front of her friend just to illustrate multiple universes; and can fly or float, but is not sure how she got across town. (Implication is maybe she teleported.)

And we see her switch into costume through a hand gesture, tapping into some energy.

Beyond that, I don't remember anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Next issue I believe will be our first taste of Naomi's powers, so far we've seen some limited flight (floating), the ability to emulate crescent like rays of light, which she can also use to constitute her armor/suit, and some kind of quick travel that she's not fully aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Besides emanating a lot of light?

She was able to draw little circles of light in front of her friend just to illustrate multiple universes; and can fly or float, but is not sure how she got across town. (Implication is maybe she teleported.)

And we see her switch into costume through a hand gesture, tapping into some energy.

Beyond that, I don't remember anything.
    I'm fairly certain that was more of a narrative device to illustrate her motioning the shapes in the air, I've seen it used a enough times that I'm pretty sure that's what it was. I could be wrong but I'm pretty confident it's not part of her powerset. That's not to say she may not have an ability to create constructs, just my interpretation of that panel.

currently following:

So I finally listened to Bendis Q&A on the Word Balloon podcast, only the first part tho.

Here's the Naomi part:

Twitter question: Do you have an estimate for season 2 of Naomi?

BMB: No, but I will let you know when I do, and it's an active concern, it's not being like whenever, I'll be very frank the book is a very big hit, we are hugely relieved and I guess we're ill prepared for it to be as big a hit as it was, not story wise, but like, Jamal had already had a gig that he had stopped doing to draw Naomi that he had to return to. I think I'm with 99% of the universe who say they don't want Naomi without Jamal, so yeah we're just gonna wait for him to finish up. Meanwhile, David Walker was here a 2 nights ago and we were already planning on the trilogy of what would be Naomi's stories that we had planned.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So I finally listened to Bendis Q&A on the Word Balloon podcast, only the first part tho.

Here's the Naomi part:

Twitter question: Do you have an estimate for season 2 of Naomi?

BMB: No, but I will let you know when I do, and it's an active concern, it's not being like whenever, I'll be very frank the book is a very big hit, we are hugely relieved and I guess we're ill prepared for it to be as big a hit as it was, not story wise, but like, Jamal had already had a gig that he had stopped doing to draw Naomi that he had to return to. I think I'm with 99% of the universe who say they don't want Naomi without Jamal, so yeah we're just gonna wait for him to finish up. Meanwhile, David Walker was here a 2 nights ago and we were already planning on the trilogy of what would be Naomi's stories that we had planned.
    I guess Jamal's project is Young Animal's "Far Sector," which looks interesting, about an unusual Green Lantern. The cover is the only thing I've seen published so far, and I don't think the debut date has yet been announced. That may be worth picking for the art alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    I guess Jamal's project is Young Animal's "Far Sector," which looks interesting, about an unusual Green Lantern. The cover is the only thing I've seen published so far, and I don't think the debut date has yet been announced. That may be worth picking for the art alone.
    Yes the project was most likely Far Sector, I think it comes out around September or October, but we have no idea if it's a miniseries, maxiseries, ongoing, etc. I think that would help in determining when the second season of Naomi is most likely to be released.

Screenshot_20190701-224641_Instagram.jpg

Naomi is gonna appear in Young Justice #10