Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

HTML Code:
    [spoil]spoiler text[/spoil]
    That's how you do it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I thought I saw something (I forgot which thread specifically) but somebody said Amazon has the trade listed in October (or was it August).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think it means more for Naomi beyond just a Season 2, but perhaps it could also refer to more initiatives for Wonder Comics.
    I hope so b/c I don't think it's beneficial for this character to be out of site and out of mind for a year which I feel is a likely time scenario before we get Naomi season 2 what with Jamal Campbell doing Far Sector.

I have no idea how long it takes for artists to draw one issue or if it's even plausible for them to draw for 2 books, good art is time consuming so I would say not a lot of artists could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    Jamal Campbell's art is so extraordinary and he has such a distinctive style, that I can't imagine the title ever having a fill-in artist. So, it could never really be a traditional monthly. I can see them taking a pause to get a little ahead, then putting out a new 6-part mini-series. They could probably do a few such series each year.

Jamal pencils, inks and colors (maybe all digitally which can speed things up), so he probably needs more than 4 weeks to produce an issue.

I think the numbers may be higher than 20K, as I keep seeing orders for #1 (which are LCS orders to Diamond and are being filled by reprints). Maybe #1 is up to 30K sales now? That's decent. The excitement is more about selling out, going into reprints and well exceeding expectations.

Not sure if this topic is still a spoiler nor do I know how to create an official spoiler box, but there's a spoiler between these 2 horizontal lines.

I like that this Naomi isn't from a "traditional" parallel earth, but had a unique event that created 29 heroes. It doesn't have the usual twisted or older versions of the usual JLA characters.
    I agree no artist could do a fill-in for Jamal on this book, if they continue to do a mini I do see the book coming out every other year instead of a year considering the fact that Jamal would be a rising commodity ...I can totally see DC enticing Jamal with Batman (although color wise that character's book is filled, black, greys, blues etc which wouldn't show off Jamal's skills), or Superman, or a Justice League title.

spoilers:
    As for the yellow font part, I agree, I was glad that it wasn't parallel versions of characters that we know, I like that only 29 (that they know of) people of their earth were gifted with abilities from whatever crap was coming down from space, I like that the catalyst was environmental (climate change) instead of scientific, I like how it was them fighting amongst themselves that sped up the destruction of their world instead of it being villain related from the very beginning, more than that I like that Bendis is keeping these things open ended, I mean there are 7 people from Naomi's earth out in universe somewhere.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    HTML Code:
    [spoil]spoiler text[/spoil]
    That's how you do it.
    Aha -

spoilers:
    Got it!
    end of spoilers

Thanks!

Ooops my pale font trick earlier didn't work so well once it was quoted on light blue. Looked good on top of white. Should have picked pure white. Sorry.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I am curious. Is anyone coming to this Naomi appreciation thread, but hasn't read the latest issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I am curious. Is anyone coming to this Naomi appreciation thread, but hasn't read the latest issue?
    Maybe the ones trade waiting only.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Maybe the ones trade waiting only.
    Me. I'm trade waiting but like coming to this thread to see the reception and how this character is unfolding.

How old is Naomi?

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Me. I'm trade waiting but like coming to this thread to see the reception and how this character is unfolding.

How old is Naomi?
    I believe Naomi is 17 years old, so she's in the same age range of Tim, Cassie, and (now) Jon.

That is weird angle of this thread. I was thinking about myself

I love the Parallels to Superman story without being a rip off it. So far they knock out it the park with Naomi

1. Good Origin so can see set up for a movie
    2. They already have an arch Nemesis in place
    3. She has unique world of characters to play with,so can you tell a bunch of stories with world alone.Not mention her adopted parents background also leave some fun stuff open
    4. Solid costume

So she has a couple more hurdles to jump over. Obviously her superhero name is not going to be Naomi so getting that right is huge. Lastly her powerset and power level we have seen hints so far and it looks like they are on right track. I love that she was sent to earth because "it can handle her powers". Anyways great start let's see if they can fully stick the landing

Damn, peoples are crazy sometimes : https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...maged-naomi-5/

Me.

But I've been keeping an eye on reviews and whatnot, to make sure it *is* a series I want to grab in trade, and I knew there'd be spoilers in this thread. I don't want people to avoid talking about the story just because some of us might not be up to date yet. We all know what we're getting into when we walk into an appreciation thread.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

So she has a couple more hurdles to jump over. Obviously her superhero name is not going to be Naomi so getting that right is huge. Lastly her powerset and power level we have seen hints so far and it looks like they are on right track. I love that she was sent to earth because "it can handle her powers". Anyways great start let's see if they can fully stick the landing
    I totally forgot about the fact that she needs a superhero name ...well she doesn't need one but I would want her to have one.

And is any superhero name gonna be satisfying in this day and age where it feels like every good one has been used...

Naomi also doesn't have a mask or a helmet to cover her face but I guess coming from a small town it might not be neccessary.

The last issue has a lot to do, although I can see the superhero name and things like that being done in season 2 of Naomi.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Damn, peoples are crazy sometimes : https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...maged-naomi-5/
    I am happy that there is a demand for Naomi but I will forever be surprised that there is such a demand that people can sell copies of this comic at a higher price on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    ...that's quite remarkable, isn't it?

No extra variants that I remember, no big crossovers - is this a purely word-of-mouth increase in sales?
    The value has been spiking recently even the back issues. Its having the Immortal Hulk affect

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I totally forgot about the fact that she needs a superhero name ...well she doesn't need one but I would want her to have one.

And is any superhero name gonna be satisfying in this day and age where it feels like every good one has been used...

Naomi also doesn't have a mask or a helmet to cover her face but I guess coming from a small town it might not be neccessary.

The last issue has a lot to do, although I can see the superhero name and things like that being done in season 2 of Naomi.
    I can see her picking a name in the final issue, perhaps on the last page... and that would then serve as the subtitle for season 2.

I hope she does. I don't want to see "still working on a name", which was pretty much Riri Williams's catchphrase before she finally chose "Ironheart". That would be Bendis repeating himself.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I can see her picking a name in the final issue, perhaps on the last page... and that would then serve as the subtitle for season 2.

I hope she does. I don't want to see "still working on a name", which was pretty much Riri Williams's catchphrase before she finally chose "Ironheart". That would be Bendis repeating himself.
    Hopefully she'll have a superhero name soon, yes. I wonder what it'll be however. Do you think it'll sound like something cosmic (Starborn, etc.) or more down to Earth, considering her origins ?

Oops, wrong thread !
    Last edited by Korath; 05-20-2019 at 10:00 PM.