Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I can't access my issues right now, but was it Naomi's mother who died on Earth in issue 4 ? I would find it strange considering her implied powers and all. Anyone can confirm or infirm ?
    It's a different character design so I don't believe it was Naomi's mother.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I didn't expect to like this title at all. So far I've been pleasantly surprised! Time will tell if she's able to become a major DC character, but as a limited book or mini-series I'm liking what I see so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Unfortunately, Naomi isn't a top 5 seller, its floppies sales are under 20K. Athough Naomi #4 increase sales a little with respect to the two previous issues.

Trades may sell better, but we still don't know.
    Uh what I was referring to how the tweet was saying that Naomi was a top 5 seller in his comic shop.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 05-17-2019 at 01:20 PM.

I can't access my issues right now, but was it Naomi's mother who died on Earth in issue 4 ? I would find it strange considering her implied powers and all. Anyone can confirm or infirm ?
    No that was Akira, it also seems like she was being chased by possessed friends.

20190517_161428.jpg

Slightly closer look.
    Screenshot_20190517-160116_Chrome.jpg

20190517_161648.jpg

Akira seems to be Asian, I think when the woman killed was Black.

But the other three definitively could be the same as the non-super we saw behind Akira and Naomi's birth parents ?

However, it could be the other girl, because she has the same symbol on her chest and shoulders.

Yeah, I agree with Korath, I think the other girl in the spread is the one who brought Naomi to earth; the hair, uniform, and weapon match her better than Akira. I never realized but the others behind Akira do match up with ones attacking Naomi when she was escaping.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Akira seems to be Asian, I think when the woman killed was Black.

But the other three definitively could be the same as the non-super we saw behind Akira and Naomi's birth parents ?

However, it could be the other girl, because she has the same symbol on her chest and shoulders.
    Ah you think the short purple haired one is Akira ...she could be.

I just assumed the one who died delivering Naomi to earth was the same one to come up with the plan but that of course may not necessarily be true.

So you're thinking

20190517_163908.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Korath, I think the other girl in the spread is the one who brought Naomi to earth; the hair, uniform, and weapon match her better than Akira. I never realized but the others behind Akira do match up with ones attacking Naomi when she was escaping.
    Yes they are the same ones and you can see that something must have happened to them since the light on their chest is red in issue 4.

Screenshot_20190517-160155_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited by kurenai24; 05-17-2019 at 01:45 PM.

Just finished issue 5, and I really liked it! It was cool having Naomi be an spoilers:
    alternate Earth refugee
    end of spoilers, hope the team can nail the landing next issue.

Screenshot_20190517-171609_Twitter.jpg

Does the emphasis on the word "much" imply something beyond just a season 2 or is typical Bendis being excited.

Screenshot_20190518-003626_Instagram.jpg

From Jamal Campbell's Instagram.

Thinking about the future ...and if Naomi joins a team be it YJ or LoSH (which seems like likely scenarios in the future) and Jamal's not the artist, her braids, the crescent shaped power that radiates from her, just everything is gonna be thrown off.

Always appreciable, if very spoilery and lacking Jamal Campbell arts (which alone is worth the price of admission - he could end being a new Alex Ross I think).

Does anyone else play DCU Online? Because Naomi's costume feels like it'd make a really great style set for the game.

Cant wait to get caught up on this. Hell with waiting for the trade! (which I'll probably buy as well)
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Cant wait to get caught up on this. Hell with waiting for the trade! (which I'll probably buy as well)
    Haha ! I'll do the same. I have the issues on Comixology because waiting two more days (at the least) to get my hands on them was unacceptable to me, but I'll buy the trade in paper as soon as possible. Hopefully, DC won't let the series languish too long before launching the second season. If Jamal Campbell is working on Far Sector already (which is hopefully the case) and that it starts being released in September, perhaps we could see Naomi return in November or December ?

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Screenshot_20190517-171609_Twitter.jpg

Does the emphasis on the word "much" imply something beyond just a season 2 or is typical Bendis being excited.

Screenshot_20190518-003626_Instagram.jpg

From Jamal Campbell's Instagram.

Thinking about the future ...and if Naomi joins a team be it YJ or LoSH (which seems like likely scenarios in the future) and Jamal's not the artist, her braids, the crescent shaped power that radiates from her, just everything is gonna be thrown off.
    I think it means more for Naomi beyond just a Season 2, but perhaps it could also refer to more initiatives for Wonder Comics.

Incredible Member

Jamal Campbell's art is so extraordinary and he has such a distinctive style, that I can't imagine the title ever having a fill-in artist. So, it could never really be a traditional monthly. I can see them taking a pause to get a little ahead, then putting out a new 6-part mini-series. They could probably do a few such series each year.

Jamal pencils, inks and colors (maybe all digitally which can speed things up), so he probably needs more than 4 weeks to produce an issue.

I think the numbers may be higher than 20K, as I keep seeing orders for #1 (which are LCS orders to Diamond and are being filled by reprints). Maybe #1 is up to 30K sales now? That's decent. The excitement is more about selling out, going into reprints and well exceeding expectations.

Not sure if this topic is still a spoiler nor do I know how to create an official spoiler box, but there's a spoiler between these 2 horizontal lines.

I like that this Naomi isn't from a "traditional" parallel earth, but had a unique event that created 29 heroes. It doesn't have the usual twisted or older versions of the usual JLA characters.