Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
Which is honestly a model I endorse. I think it may be the way to generate and sustain hype for a new character in the long run, or even revitalize older and lesser known characters. Think about how the NAoH books could have fared with the artists had been able to do a six-issue arc, thing though toward the next one, and returned ?
Yeah, I'm a big proponent of that model. I totally agree it's a far better way to keep new and lesser known characters books sustainable. There are so many characters that will never really sustain a solo book, particularly in this market, but would have no problem with a six or so issue series every year or so. It seems to be the model for all the Wonder Comics books with the exception of Young Justice. I hope it is successful and expands across the line. Fits with DC's effort to streamline their line as well.
And it is especially important for a book like Naomi where the book is really starting to generate a lot of buzz and it's pretty clear that this team is really meshing well together and that's a massive part if its success.

Actually, not to get too far off topic, but I think Marvel's new model for like Jessica Jones is great too. A double sized digital issue for three months. Followed by a trade collection and a hiatus then repeating that.