Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I'm gonna have to check out both books.
    New Universe was crazy good. Ellis and Laroca. But apparently Ellis' scripts got deleted off his laptop by accident and he never returned to the series. So its definitely worth reading but you gotta know that you won't get a solid resolution to things.

Rising Stars.....man I haven't read that in years but at the time it was among my favorites. I think it ended a little weak (which seems to be a thing with JMS) but still worth getting.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    New Universe was crazy good. Ellis and Laroca. But apparently Ellis' scripts got deleted off his laptop by accident and he never returned to the series. So its definitely worth reading but you gotta know that you won't get a solid resolution to things.

Rising Stars.....man I haven't read that in years but at the time it was among my favorites. I think it ended a little weak (which seems to be a thing with JMS) but still worth getting.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Astonishing Member

Thanks for the heads up.
    I should probably clarify New Universe was a whole line of books in the 80's I believe, Star Brand being just one of them.

Newuniversal which was what Warren Ellis was writing prior to his hard drive crash, was based on that prior universe with some fun twists and the more recent one.

They started bringing in the concepts again to the main 616 universe a few years ago in Hickman's Avengers as a lead up to Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I should probably clarify New Universe was a whole line of books in the 80's I believe, Star Brand being just one of them.

Newuniversal which was what Warren Ellis was writing prior to his hard drive crash, was based on that prior universe with some fun twists and the more recent one.

They started bringing in the concepts again to the main 616 universe a few years ago in Hickman's Avengers as a lead up to Secret Wars.
    Thanks for letting me know, I'm gonna have to see if I can get my hands on some of the books.

Naomi will look fantastic on the cover of Action Comics 1015 : https://www.instagram.com/p/Bys_FwKhCvj/

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Naomi will look fantastic on the cover of Action Comics 1015 : https://www.instagram.com/p/Bys_FwKhCvj/
    Just so everyone won't have to click off to see:

and yeah, this is a great rendition of the character! I was worried how Naomi would translate to other artists, it's no Campbell, but this does alleviate that worry a bit. I'll have to see her in action in the book and others before I am fully no longer worried.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Aw she's beautiful, like a cartoon, her hair is no longer braids but locs but she still looks great. I never noticed the sort of rings she's wearing with Jamal's art, so I like that an artist that wasn't the creator of Naomi helped me see new detail of her costume.

Am I the only one who can't seem to find a preview for tomorrow last (T-T) issue of this first season ?

Am I the only one who can't seem to find a preview for tomorrow last (T-T) issue of this first season ?
    It seems like it got pushed back. DC's website says it's coming out July 10th now. Guess we'll have to wait a little longer for the issue.

According to DC's website, apparently the last issue doesn't drop until July 10th
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Damn. I'm disappointed. I hope it means that it's ll be a super-sized issue now !

Ugh at it being pushed back, also why did Bendis retweet someone saying it comes out on July 3rd.

Edit: comic shops are apparently saying it comes out July 3rd.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-18-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Ugh at it being pushed back, also why did Bendis retweet someone saying it comes out on July 3rd.

Huh, now I'm confused. If that's the case DC's website and previewsworld need to change that. I'm all for only a 2 week delay instead of a 3 week one.

Oh word? Well I'm gonna work under the assumption it's coming out on the 3rd until I'm disappointed

currently following:

If it means the final issue is as polished as the others, fine. I can wait. It's worth it if it keeps the last issue up to standard.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.