Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

That's quite a bit revealed in the preview. Can't wait to read the full issue.

I was wondering if Naomi would be from an alien medieval world but then I think about how Amethyst will be getting her own series soon and that's essentially sword and sorcery and how maybe Naomi's world would come across as redundant if it was the same even if It's alien in nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I knew issue #3 would be focused Dee's backstory, can't wait, although I do hope it relates back to Naomi, I know Bendis said Naomi uncovers secrets that are not about her but I still want something.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Screenshot_20190320-012226.jpg

Wish me luck b/c I might not be able to get a copy.

I wasn't ready for issue 3. Not by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I wasn't ready for issue 3. Not by a long shot.
    I'm very curious now ...I need a discussion thread or something, even a particular reviewer has turned around with this issue.

*prays I can get a copy*

You should really try to get it on comixology. It's out early ans you can get the paper trade later.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Issue #3 was a goodie. If the art and dialogue weren't so good, I'd be pissed about the shameless stalling they're pulling here, but I suspect it'll be worth the wait

This was a great issue with a pretty awesome swerve. And Jamal Campbell continues to be absolutely amazing on this book. It's without a doubt one of the best looking books on the shelf.

Dee seriously is also a great character himself and I hope he sticks around a bit more or we come back for more with the town and it's residents.

spoilers:
    That "Dad-belly", though
    end of spoilers

Reminded me of ol' Mr Kord.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    spoilers:
    That "Dad-belly", though
    end of spoilers

Reminded me of ol' Mr Kord.
    spoilers:
    Every Dad knows a good jacket can hide a lot of gut!
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    So, we have a Thanagarian and a Rannian in town. Could it be that Naomi is actually the only human there ? It would blow my mind, for sure !
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    spoilers:
    So, we have a Thanagarian and a Rannian in town. Could it be that Naomi is actually the only human there ? It would blow my mind, for sure !
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I was thinking that. Like the whole town is like a sanctuary for aliens or multiversal travelers and their families. But none of the kids know or some do and don't. Could also explain why no one mentioned Superman's fight with Mongul in the papers. The whole town could be protected or secret by the Justice League or something.

One review compared it Welcome to Tranquility, which was a Wildstorm series by Gail Simone and Neil Googe that was basically a retirement community for super heroes and villains and their families. Which was similar in concept and really great. Or that old show Eureka!
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    This was a great issue with a pretty awesome swerve. And Jamal Campbell continues to be absolutely amazing on this book. It's without a doubt one of the best looking books on the shelf.

Dee seriously is also a great character himself and I hope he sticks around a bit more or we come back for more with the town and it's residents.

Agreed, on all accounts. Bendis is really knocking it out the park in this series. I really hope this transitions into a ongoing series after the mini is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Agreed, on all accounts. Bendis is really knocking it out the park in this series. I really hope this transitions into a ongoing series after the mini is complete.
    I think the plan is to keep it on a "seasons" model of six issues and then a hiatus, so Campbell can keep up with the art duties and they don't have to break up the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think the plan is to keep it on a "seasons" model of six issues and then a hiatus, so Campbell can keep up with the art duties and they don't have to break up the team.
    Which is honestly a model I endorse. I think it may be the way to generate and sustain hype for a new character in the long run, or even revitalize older and lesser known characters. Think about how the NAoH books could have fared with the artists had been able to do a six-issue arc, thing though toward the next one, and returned ?