Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Looks like next issue will be the big reveal. Looking forward to it. It’s been slow going so far, but I hope next issue will start to speed things up.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    It looks VERY similar but it's not exactly the White Lantern symbol. The giveaway is the lines, there are only 5 lines here but the White Lantern has 7 (for each color of the spectrum); it's close enough that it could just be a mistake but I'm mostly certain it's not the same symbol.
    I was thinking White Lantern, too. Naomi's dad fought with Green Lanterns to boot.

This is clearly a big introductory story in which a new neighbourhood of the DCU is being opened up. It is gorgeous and loves the DCU's many, many flavors.

What is done with this past the big introduction of Naomi will show whether this has legs or not.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I gotta say, I originally didn't intend on getting into this one, but I picked it up, loved it, and now I'm collecting it along with Young Justice and Wonder Twins.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Ok. The first issue was magnificent, and still the best issue of the run so far. The second issue was awful, mind numbing and virtually a complete waste of pages. But the third issue was showing signs of life...

And issue four may have finally landed on solid ground. This was quite good, but not great. Naomi is too much a passenger in this story, being told rather than getting to experience anything. Still, I really liked the way they developed her dad, and had it fit with Dee's background.

Ok, somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the White Lantern symbol? Like, what? I'm really curious where Walker and Bendis are going with this one. Despite my distaste for issue 2, this series is looking like a keeper. Hopefully the wait for the second volume isn't too long.
    I thought the same too, but someone on reddit put the WL symbol on the on the same page as this (new?) symbol and it looks a little different. I also added the BL symbol below it for comparison.

I'm intrigued, though as it probably still has something to do with lanterns.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    I thought the same too, but someone on reddit put the WL symbol on the on the same page as this (new?) symbol and it looks a little different. I also added the BL symbol below it for comparison.

I'm intrigued, though as it probably still has something to do with lanterns.
    Ok, so not actually the same symbol. But so close it would be weird if it ends up being coincidence. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I gotta say, I originally didn't intend on getting into this one, but I picked it up, loved it, and now I'm collecting it along with Young Justice and Wonder Twins.
    Dial H For Hero is a lot of fun too. Actually, Wonder Comics hasn't really had any outright duds yet. With Young Animal, I only picked up Doom Patrol and Cave Carson, but this particular imprint has been pretty successful with me.

All the Wonder Comics stuff has been highly enjoyable so far imo. I do wonder if Bendis plans to do a crossover like YA’s Milk Wars.

20190418_054137.jpg

Well, Bendis did not confirm or deny anything when someone brought up the fact that GL fans may want to pay attention to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    All the Wonder Comics stuff has been highly enjoyable so far imo. I do wonder if Bendis plans to do a crossover like YA’s Milk Wars.
    I could have sworn that Bendis confirmed in an interview that Naomi and Young Justice would meet, but I could be misremembering.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

The art is amazing, but that's pretty much it for me.

I would be very surprised if Naomi does not end up joining Young Justice at some point soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    The art is amazing, but that's pretty much it for me.
    Ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I would be very surprised if Naomi does not end up joining Young Justice at some point soon.
    Maybe, Bendis and Walker did say something along the lines of Naomi is not on Young Justice b/c her origin would not have gotten the focus that it should've or something.

So I guess it may just be a matter of time.

I honestly would prefer her to become a solo heroine. I find DC still lacking in young female solo heroes and I think that putting her on a team early on may hinder her development, especially since it's the possibility to focus on her and her place in the world which is so damn interesting in her series so far.

I honestly wasn't too interested in this title and wasn't sure if I'd read it or not. The character doesn't really seem too appealing to me. BUT... I do enjoy Bendis' work overall and figured I'd give it a shot.

I have to say I'm intrigued by what her origin is going to be. I've read the first 4 issues and will continue to read for a bit to see where it goes. The secrets going on in this book are interesting so far. Can't wait to see where this leads....

Ultimately I don't see this character sticking around (nor do I see characters like Damage, Silencer, Sideways, etc, sticking around for the long run). Still, I'm willing to give her a shot and see what Bendis is cooking up!
    Last edited by RickWJ324; 04-18-2019 at 09:07 AM.