Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Hey ! That's me he responded to ! Yes ! Even if it doesn't appear on my twitter feed, for whatever reason, I guess ?

Also, how did you link the whole tweets Kurenai ? A special logiciel or just a manipulation on the forums ?
    Since Bendis essentially quoted your tweet:

Screenshot_20190602-113528_Twitter.jpg

I just copied the link from Bendis, and then linked it here, if that's what you're asking.

I'm not sure if the tweets that are quoted appear in feeds, I don't really check mine, but if glitches like this is a thing that happens I now to check Bendis replies on his account.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 06-02-2019 at 09:06 AM.

Advance reorders placed between April 15-21, 2019
    • Top advance-reordered May-shipping comic book:
    Naomi #5 (DC)
    • Top advance-reordered softcover graphic novel:
    Die Vol. 1: Fantasy Heartbreaker (Image)

The fifth issue of Naomi from Brian Michael Bendis was the top reordered comic book; it's a May 22 release. A reprint of the fourth issue was right behind it.

Hell yeah ! It seems that there is genuine interest here !

Astonishing Member

We still don't have the estimates, but Naomi #5 is in the position 47 of the top 100 of sales:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...ealms-top-ten/

That's an incredible increase. It's higher that Young Justice #5.
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-09-2019 at 09:11 AM.

BANNED

Wow. A book that inceases this much at the tail end of their run rarely happens. DC officially have a hit. Right now Naomi is beating Wonder Woman!�� I hope Bendis changes his mind and don't put her on YJ. We need a black character that's independent. Someone who's value or worth isn't associated with a team because it could hinder any moves towards adaptions in other media like TV and film.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    Wow. A book that inceases this much at the tail end of their run rarely happens. DC officially have a hit. Right now Naomi is beating Wonder Woman!�� I hope Bendis changes his mind and don't put her on YJ. We need a black character that's independent. Someone who's value or worth isn't associated with a team because it could hinder any moves towards adaptions in other media like TV and film.
    I don't think her appearing on Young Justice takes away from her independence. Her solo is a hit, I doubt they're gonna be like "oh we got a hit? Quick, cancelled her book and put her solely on team books for years at a time!" It would be more detrimental to the character if she stayed entirely separate from the rest of the universe (see: John Stewart's relegation to deep space for years). I mean, being on teams hasn't stopped Cyborg or Black Lightning or Jessica Cruz from appearing in other media. I think it's too early to start limiting where Naomi can go narratively.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-09-2019 at 07:46 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I don't think her appearing on Young Justice takes away from her independence. Her solo is a hit, I doubt they're gonna be like "oh we got a hit? Quick, cancelled her book and put her solely on team books for years at a time!" It would be more detrimental to the character if she stayed entirely separate from the rest of the universe (see: John Stewart's relegation to deep space for years). I mean, being on teams hasn't stopped Cyborg or Black Lightning or Jessica Cruz from appearing in other media. I think it's too early to start limiting where Naomi can go narratively.
    I don't know. I just feel like putting a black character on a team is kind of a cop out. It's not like the 80s when every team member had a storyline. Today most black characters on team books lack supporting characters or any hint of were their lives are now. Such as Cyborg and Jessica Cruze in JLO. Cyborg hasn't mentioned anything about his family or life on Earth in JLO. Same goes for Cruze. When Naomi joins Young Justice hopefully it will be different because Bendis will be in charge. But I still wish DC would make an attempt to let her stand on her own for a bit atleast. Everytime there's a mention of a possible Cyborg movie some fans will say 'I like Cyborg' but I would rather see a new teen titans instead. Same with Black Lightning- 'I like Black Lightning but I would rather see him in a Batman and Outsiders comic book instead. Making Naomi independent doesn't mean she won't make any appearances in other dc books. DC's sales appears to be struggling a bit so since she's a popular character why not do a Naomi Wonder Woman Special or a Naomi Superman mini series. This will keep the character relevant and give Jamal enough space to work on Naomi Season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeneuron View Post
    I don't know. I just feel like putting a black character on a team is kind of a cop out. It's not like the 80s when every team member had a storyline. Today most black characters on team books lack supporting characters or any hint of were their lives are now. Such as Cyborg and Jessica Cruze in JLO. Cyborg hasn't mentioned anything about his family or life on Earth in JLO. Same goes for Cruze. When Naomi joins Young Justice hopefully it will be different because Bendis will be in charge. But I still wish DC would make an attempt to let her stand on her own for a bit atleast. Everytime there's a mention of a possible Cyborg movie some fans will say 'I like Cyborg' but I would rather see a new teen titans instead. Same with Black Lightning- 'I like Black Lightning but I would rather see him in a Batman and Outsiders comic book instead. Making Naomi independent doesn't mean she won't make any appearances in other dc books. DC's sales appears to be struggling a bit so since she's a popular character why not do a Naomi Wonder Woman Special or a Naomi Superman mini series. This will keep the character relevant and give Jamal enough space to work on Naomi Season 2.
    Oh, I'm not saying I don't understand your apprehension about characters of color on team titles; DC has **** the bed before and often still continues to do so to this day. I would 100% prefer a one on one team-up like you suggested (like what Marvel is doing with Ms. Marvel and Miles Morales) over making her a regular appearance on Young Justice. I'm just saying that I think, with the breakout success of her first season, it's more likely that if she did join YJ her relationship would be more like The Flash or Superman and the Justice League or, more accurately, Miles Morales and the Champions; where she's there but it doesn't stop her from having her own independant adventures in her book. Plus I don't think she's joining regularly just yet, I think she's just gonna pop in here and there for a bit. Unless I missed an announcement that she's JOINING joining.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-09-2019 at 08:35 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm also a little wary of her joining Young Justice just yet. I, however, believe that Bendis will have her here on a temporary basis at first, in the upcoming arc. YJ is travelling the Multiverse; at one point or another, Noami will have to go and seek her birth parents on her birth Earth. I suspect they'll see each other there.

I also think that Bendis is keenly aware of what fans want for this character, so if we make known to him that we're perfectly fine for her appearing elsewhere, as long as her solo series keep going, I think he'll take notice. He's clearly passionate about this project, so hopefully it'll reflect everywhere for Naomi.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Advance reorders placed between April 15-21, 2019
    • Top advance-reordered May-shipping comic book:
    Naomi #5 (DC)
    • Top advance-reordered softcover graphic novel:
    Die Vol. 1: Fantasy Heartbreaker (Image)

The fifth issue of Naomi from Brian Michael Bendis was the top reordered comic book; it's a May 22 release. A reprint of the fourth issue was right behind it.

Hell yeah ! It seems that there is genuine interest here !
    Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    We still don't have the estimates, but Naomi #5 is in the position 47 of the top 100 of sales:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...ealms-top-ten/

That's an incredible increase. It's higher that Young Justice #5.
    I am happy the character is doing so well.

Totally deserved! This is one of the best books on the stands from *any* publisher.

As for YJ.....it's true that DC's track record with PoC and teams isn't great. But YJ is still a Bendis title so I'm not too worried. He'll treat her right, and being in that book will help raise her profile and introduce her to people who didn't get in on her debut. And we know a second mini is in the works so I don't think this'll hamper her solo development. If she shows up in YJ, that'll help keep her visible in between seasons so people don't forget about her, it'll give her more exposure, and that (combined with the hype of her first mini) should help increase sales for season 2.

Right now, I think Naomi is about as well positioned as she can be. Time will tell how it all plays out but right now I think we don't have a lot to worry about.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

I think the lingering question I have is wasn't it mentioned in an interview that Naomi's last name (not sure if they meant birth or adoptive) would be some important bit?

It feels like anything it'd be at this point is small potatoes in comparison to her origin.

Astonishing Member

Also I hear Rising Stars apparently as a possible reference to her powers but my first reaction is The White Event from Marvel's New Universe. Which was kick started by the Starbrand giving random everyday humans powers and manifested as a bright white symbol on its host.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Totally deserved! This is one of the best books on the stands from *any* publisher.

As for YJ.....it's true that DC's track record with PoC and teams isn't great. But YJ is still a Bendis title so I'm not too worried. He'll treat her right, and being in that book will help raise her profile and introduce her to people who didn't get in on her debut. And we know a second mini is in the works so I don't think this'll hamper her solo development. If she shows up in YJ, that'll help keep her visible in between seasons so people don't forget about her, it'll give her more exposure, and that (combined with the hype of her first mini) should help increase sales for season 2.

Right now, I think Naomi is about as well positioned as she can be. Time will tell how it all plays out but right now I think we don't have a lot to worry about.
    Although I gree that Young Justice is a relatively safe place, because Bendis is writting this and help her keep visible between seasons, I'm not so sure it will raise her profile.

I mean Young Justice isn't a big seller and the team has been relegated from the rest of DC for now. Not to mention that there are many characters, so it could be difficult that Naomi can shine.

Astonishing Member

We have the estimate for May:

NAOMI #5 36,953

https://icv2.com/articles/markets/vi...omics-may-2019
    Last edited by Konja7; 06-10-2019 at 09:09 AM.

As stated by a couple of posters, I don't think we have anything to worry about in regards to the possibility of Naomi joining YJ, Bendis writes both books, he would do her justice regardless if DC has a poor track record or not.

One of the first questions asked about Naomi was why she wasn't introduced in YJ, and both Bendis and Walker said they felt Naomi's story/origin couldn't be told in a team book.

And what we do actually know is that that Naomi is gonna be guest starring in Action/Leviathan and Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight;4400302[B
    ]I think the lingering question I have is wasn't it mentioned in an interview that Naomi's last name (not sure if they meant birth or adoptive) would be some important bit?[/B]

It feels like anything it'd be at this point is small potatoes in comparison to her origin.
    Yes, I think you're right, I hope the direction with that hasn't changed and we still get.

Tbh I'm wondering how important Naomi's last name can be, basically in what capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Also I hear Rising Stars apparently as a possible reference to her powers but my first reaction is The White Event from Marvel's New Universe. Which was kick started by the Starbrand giving random everyday humans powers and manifested as a bright white symbol on its host.
    I'm gonna have to check out both books.