Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Holy crap that artwork looks awesome, it does remind me a bit of Jorge but that could be just the coloring style used. Can't wait to pick this up.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I'm really interested in this series. It seems like it will have a lot of mystery, which I love. And I do enjoy her design. I going to check this out for sure. Always up for more diverse characters!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Thanks for posting the preview.

Here's a closer look at the lettering of Naomi's title.

20190109_214449.jpg

I did this on my phone, I have no idea if it's actually a bigger picture.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-09-2019 at 07:52 PM.

I want to bring attention to this:

Screenshot_20190110-053100.jpg

Specifically this:

Screenshot_20190110-053106.jpg

And how it most likely relates to this:

Screenshot_20190110-052806.jpg
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-10-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

Specifically this:

Woah, cool!

Such gorgeous artwork and coloring. I can’t wait to read and learn about Naomi.

Specifically this:

Please god, let this be worth the hype. I'm really excited about this character and series.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Bendis said that they'll be doing promotion for Naomi to help retailers but I've yet to see that, unless the Naomi preview being in different books was what he meant ...hopefully next week more things start rolling out.

In the mean time I'll try to find something to post as we get closer to the release date.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Please god, let this be worth the hype. I'm really excited about this character and series.
    There's hype around this title...
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-10-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

There's hype around this title...
    More of folks fearing Riri Williams 2.0.

Other than here no one is talking about this book. Which is an issue on DC and comic book stores. You can't cry about sales or anything if no one knows about the books.

Especially one with a black female at a time where EVERYONE is asking for them. It would behoove DC to wait on the fate of this book until trades are out. As we aw with Moon Girl, Black Panther WOW and Shuri (along with others) the trade market matters.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    More of folks fearing Riri Williams 2.0.

Other than here no one is talking about this book. Which is an issue on DC and comic book stores. You can't cry about sales or anything if no one knows about the books.

Especially one with a black female at a time where EVERYONE is asking for them. It would behoove DC to wait on the fate of this book until trades are out. As we aw with Moon Girl, Black Panther WOW and Shuri (along with others) the trade market matters.
    But the characters you mentioned are established or come from established brands. Naomi is a new character who I believe is gonna bring in new mythology so would her trades be just as successful ...I mean I know for diverse characters online and trades are what helps them but you never know if that extends to completely new characters who don't have an established brand.

I will say that the lack of chatter around this book is understandable since she is new and the excitement around Young Justice is overshadowing everyone else in the wonder comics imprint but if after a few months Naomi doesn't meet the sales that they want then I would agree that it would fall soley on DC b/c I don't think they will promote the book unless she's tied to an event.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

So... what are you theories about Naomi's parentage and probable powers (considering that issue 4 has a cover hinting at some mystic entities, probably related to her) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    So... what are you theories about Naomi's parentage and probable powers (considering that issue 4 has a cover hinting at some mystic entities, probably related to her) ?
    Cover 4? Has April solicitations been released or are you referring to cover 3 ...If it's issue 3 you're referring to I think the silhouettes in that cover may have been answered in the synopsis for issue #2. In the issue 2 solicitation it mentions something along the lines of 'what does the oversized mechanic and a previous super-powered person who came into town have to do with the day Naomi was adopted. And I think the cover on issue 3 is of the oversized mechanic named D (who you can see on the first page in the second post along with other characters) possibly getting yelled at by the super-powered person.

As for Naomi specifically, I have no idea who her parents could be or what her abilities could be ...if she even gets powers; the only thing that is clear is that she might a be a cosmic character with her covers having so far shown only stars, space, constellation and outside of that a red string which could relate to the red string of fate.

I'm gathering quotes to post here from articles on sites that reported the launch of wonder comics and from what I'm reading it seems that everything that has to do with Naomi could be completely new which means she might not be a new character who is related to an established character that is either well known or obscure.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-11-2019 at 05:38 AM.

Quoting myself since it relates to what I posted earlier but here are some quotes about Naomi from articles in October during NYCC when Wonder Comics was announced.

Naomi lives in Pacific northwest and she’s the only brown skinned girl in a very white town,” said Bendis. “Superman and Mongul bounce into town and it gets Naomi on a track to kind of look at her adoption, and by doing so she uncovers a secret in the DC Universe that nobody knows about. By the end of her story, we’ll be introduced to something brand new in the DC Universe that no one has ever seen.”

“It’s big. You’ll find out in six months,”
    Bendis added with a laugh, after the audience pressed him for details on what Naomi discovers.
    source

Six months from October is April, six months from issue 1 is June, so one of those months is the big reveal.

She may be the new kid in town, but Naomi's quest for her own truth is going to uncover something major. "She's going to unlock something that has never been seen in the DC Universe before," Bendis teased, pointing to major repercussions that will herald some big, big changes for the DCU at large.

What, exactly, those changes will be is still anyone's guess.
    source

Bendis, speaking at his spotlight panel at New York Comic Con, said Naomi will focus on a young woman of color growing up in an all-white town and looking into her own pre-adoption past to discover a secret. It turns out this is a secret that will introduce a whole new mythology to the DC Universe with the aftershock stretching across Wonder Comics and other books too.
    source

And finally, there’s the new title, Naomi, written by Bendis and David Walker, with art by Jamal Campbell. It centers on “the only brown-skinned girl in a very white town” in the Pacific Northwest, according to Bendis. When investigating the origins of her adoption, Bendis said she uncovers a “massive secret within the DC Universe.”
    source

Specifically this:

Yeah, I meant issue 3, sorry. Even if we can hope for some sweet solicitations soon, hopefully tomorrow or next week, if I'm not mistaken ?

Personally, I believe that Bendis won't carve a totally new corner of the DCU without linking it to something obscure. Not that he couldn't, but I would love to see something like that, I think.

But I've the feeling that Naomi will have some huge powers, the "Hell yeah" when talking about being in Superman's shoes is a dead giveaway for me that she'll be able to go toe to toe with some heavy hitters at some point (or I'm totally lost, which is possible).