Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

The preview of Naomi's big debut in Action Comics is out, and it's stunning !

I'll need to get my hands on this issue, won't I ?

Well you should be reading Action anyway; its utterly fantastic and probably the best Action has been since Morrison in 2011.

But yeah, the preview does look fantastic. Can't wait to see this!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well you should be reading Action anyway; its utterly fantastic and probably the best Action has been since Morrison in 2011.

But yeah, the preview does look fantastic. Can't wait to see this!
    Well, i'm following up Bendis' run on Supes and Action, but I can't really afford to buy issue per issue. Once I'll finally hunted down the whole hardback New 52 SUpes published in France, I'll go for his run (which is published as one one big series here).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Same here, the Preview by itself was worthy enough for me to definitely give this a look. It's amazing what Bendis is able to do with a brand new character out of the gate. I might be so bold as to state almost no one can take a new character and help raise them to stardom like Bendis can.

Why is she barefooted?

Well, i'm following up Bendis' run on Supes and Action, but I can't really afford to buy issue per issue. Once I'll finally hunted down the whole hardback New 52 SUpes published in France, I'll go for his run (which is published as one one big series here).
    Ah, I didn't know you didn't have access to the direct market. That makes sense.

Not a fan of digital? Comixology has a lot of sales if you have access to the app. Might help you out?

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post
    Why is she barefooted?
    Because that's how Campbell designed her costume. No one has said anything about it yet in the story so there's no "reason" she's barefoot other than the artist drew her that way.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Because that's how Campbell designed her costume. No one has said anything about it yet in the story so there's no "reason" she's barefoot other than the artist drew her that way.
    Hmmm...interesting costume choice!?!? Looks very odd to me.

Ah, I didn't know you didn't have access to the direct market. That makes sense.

Not a fan of digital? Comixology has a lot of sales if you have access to the app. Might help you out?
    I do buy digital a lot, and have access to the direct market, but the hardbacks of Urban Comics, who publishes all the DC work and some indies in France are just too great to pass on

Well, she seems to be as sturdy as Superman, so it shouldn't be bothering her.

I do buy digital a lot, and have access to the direct market, but the hardbacks of Urban Comics, who publishes all the DC work and some indies in France are just too great to pass on
    Makes sense then.

I think if you love Naomi you'll love Action too. There's a lot of overlap; mysteries, a focus on character work over action pieces, a well established and explored supporting cast, etc. I'd recommend reading that as soon as you can.

It's unusual, that's for sure. I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet, but I do like the idea of her going "I'm practically invulnerable, what do I need shoes for?"

Maybe she's just a big fan of her....pedicure? Manicure? Whichever one of those is for feet. We've seen her doing her nails before, maybe she just likes showing them off?

~ Black Panther.

There is huge sales on Comixology for new DC Hits, including Naomi's single issues : https://www.comixology.fr/DC-Recent-...WxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

It's really worth it ! Spread the word !

I'll need to read Action Comics 1015 again, but I think we've learned more about Naomi's powers here.

spoilers:
    Apparently, her powers are based on emotion, since she can have "outburst" when surprised/frightened. She can also fly extremely fast - an hour and a half from Port Oswego in Oregon to Metropolis on the East Cost. Batman suppose she'll need to eat a lot more to fuel her energy projection/manipulation power. perhaps more importantly, Superman has never seen anything like her energy. Batman describe her powers has "combustive energy" and she has to focus to keep them under control.

However, it's also seems that she has a monstrous amount of energy : she flew from coast to coast and didn't seem tired or weakened at all. Superman says that she exudes constant enormous amount of her energy even when not openly using it, and yet she seems fine. It seems to indicate an incredible potential in my book. Furthermore, she's obviously extremely durable, since she hasn't had even a scratch after crash-landing so hard the ground was destroyed.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:
    Bendis continues to knock it out of the park. Seeing this makes me think that Superman is definitely going to be a good size role when Naomi's big bad comes back, if not the entire Justice League entirely. It makes sense, seeing as this guy wrecked an entire Earth. But I'm loving how she's emerging more and more into the big DC picture. It took Miles Morales much longer due to the fact that he was in an ultimate universe and I'm glad they decided to get the ball running early here.
    end of spoilers

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This issue was fantastic. Would have been better with all of the original creative team, but as an introduction to the larger DCU, this was just about perfect.

I'll need to read Action Comics 1015 again, but I think we've learned more about Naomi's powers here.
    It was a great issue, absolutely.

Well, from the "Clark" side of things the story *did* get de-railed for half the issue so Naomi could be introduced, and I usually hate it when that sort of thing happens. But its Naomi so it is so very much all good. It was nice to see her; can't wait for her to arrive in Young Justice too!

And the art was fantastic. Not Campbell, but definitely worthy. Bendis gets the best artists man!

As for Naomi's powers......I'm not sure if it's emotional so much as it just requires focus for her to keep everything contained. We've seen characters with a ton of raw power struggle to keep it under control when they're startled before y'know? It *could* be emotional, which would support a theory I posted earlier in the thread, but it also sounds like she's generating the power internally and not accessing a outside source, which (maybe) goes against my theory. So I still have no real clue what she's doing. But I'm gonna stick with my "alternate reality White Lantern" theory for now.

Not surprised at how powerful she appears to be. I mean, look at her origin and what her people (like Zumbado) are capable of. Of course this girl is gonna have tons of power. Typically if you fall through alternate realities in a higher-concept pastiche of Superman's origin and your first villain is a dude who ate your home planet, you're not gonna be stuck with low-end powers, right?

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

https://shadowandact.com/bitter-root...ic-book-series

David Walker is going to be busier.

Ryan Coogler, his wife Zinzi Evans and Sev Ohanian have come aboard the adaptation of comic book series Bitter Root at Legendary Pictures.

They will lead the development of a big-screen feature version of the comic book series by David F. Walker, Sanford Greene and Chuck Brown.
    This might move a few extra Naomi trades next year.