Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yeah, I meant issue 3, sorry. Even if we can hope for some sweet solicitations soon, hopefully tomorrow or next week, if I'm not mistaken ?

Personally, I believe that Bendis won't carve a totally new corner of the DCU without linking it to something obscure. Not that he couldn't, but I would love to see something like that, I think.
    Yeah, I've been thinking if Naomi's parents will be connected to something completely new or something obscure that's finally being brought back or getting focused or even a makeover.

But I've the feeling that Naomi will have some huge powers, the "Hell yeah" when talking about being in Superman's shoes is a dead giveaway for me that she'll be able to go toe to toe with some heavy hitters at some point (or I'm totally lost, which is possible).
    I never thought of it like that, but that 'hell yeah' could totally be foreshdowing of what's to come and how similar to superman (as a heavy hitter) she could be; I was thinking in small terms that the 'hell yeah' could be b/c she wants to be special or a superhero b/c of the bleeding cool article (the one on the previous page) that mentioned some adopted kids have mentioned her having superman syndrome.

The thing is though for either of our theories if Naomi did have powers she would be getting them pretty late despite being an offspring of whoever ...or she might not have powers at all.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Hmmm. DC doesn't have a big cosmic side like Marvel does. Maybe she could be important that way. Maybe she doesn't have parents and is some cosmic being? That would shake up the universe in a way it hasn't before.
    PLEASE READ CLOAK & DAGGER IN SAVAGE AVENGERS!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. Marvel: Savage Avengers, She Hulk. Dynamite: Vampirella.
    Support Indie Comics: Coffin Comics, Lion Forge, and so much more!!!
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

penetrator of things

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Hmmm. DC doesn't have a big cosmic side like Marvel does. Maybe she could be important that way. Maybe she doesn't have parents and is some cosmic being? That would shake up the universe in a way it hasn't before.
    spoilers:
    Kind of. She's tied to the Multiverse in some way.
    end of spoilers
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I wish I knew what this meant in terms of importance or in general ...what other characters are connected to the spoilers:
    multiverse
    end of spoilers ...although I figured most or all superheroes already are connected to it.

characters in existence connected to the spoilers:
    multiverse
    end of spoilers in a general sense

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Interesting. Now, I guess it means she's either more like characters like

spoilers:
    The Flashes, Vive or Sideways, who can travel freely between the Multiverse, which wouldn't be so unique
    end of spoilers

Or

spoilers:
    She's a sort of cosmic entity reborn into human flesh, or something like that, which is kind of lacking at DC, with basically the Emotional Spectrum and Perpetua actually when all the other cosmic powers are mostly Gods or Galactic Forces.
    end of spoilers

Either way, I can't wait to learn more.

Interesting. Now, I guess it means she's either more like characters like

spoilers:
    The Flashes, Vibe or Sideways, who can travel freely between the Multiverse, which wouldn't be so unique
    end of spoilers
    I feel like it's gonna be this one.

Some images that were released (with the pages shown in the preview) around the weekend of or the week after NYCC.

Screenshot_20190112-211029.jpg
    Screenshot_20190112-211105.jpg
    Screenshot_20190112-211147.jpg

I really like the art. I'm really torn apart now, I've chosen to go digital for my new series (cause it cost way less money here in France) but the art is so damn good I may end buying the trade in paper...

Also, do you think it's her mother (well, adoptive mom but still) ? Because it seems to be some wealthy household then, or at least relatively well off !

I'm really tempted to get physical copies but I'll hold off and stay digital.

As for whether that's Naomi's mother, when I first saw the pictures I thought that was her therapist and then seeing Jamal Campbell's character designs confirmed it was ...I mean I guess it could both be her mom and therapist but I think that would be unethical for a therapist to be doing a session on her own daughter.

So yeah the second pic is of the therapist and her home which I guess she works out of, and the third pic may be the house where Naomi lives ...or maybe the therapist does home based therapy and Naomi does live in a big home.

I'll see if I can find up close images of the character designs.

Naomi really intrigues me! I dont really know what its about! but i like mysteries! so yay

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    I'd say DC's cosmic corners surpass Marvel's. If Naomi is linked to the greater DC, than that would be interesting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    I'd say DC's cosmic corners surpass Marvel's. If Naomi is linked to the greater DC, than that would be interesting.
    I disagree.
    What you said is way outdated.
    Just looking at lists of marvel and dc cosmic,marvel surpass dc.

Marvel cosmic.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Catego...=1547423639350

DC cosmic.
    https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:C...=1547424090017

Marvel has more cosmic books then dc.
    There are more out right now.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-13-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I disagree.
    Just looking at lists of marvel and dc cosmic,marvel surpass dc plus marvel has more cosmic books then dc.
    There are more out right now.
    I've seen the "lists" And DC pretty much trumps Marvel. At least the lists I have seen. I can post the link if you want, but with the Sandman Universe, Green Lanterns, New Gods, etc..., DC's is pretty stacked.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by golgi View Post
    I've seen the "lists" And DC pretty much trumps Marvel. At least the lists I have seen. I can post the link if you want, but with the Sandman Universe, Green Lanterns, New Gods, etc..., DC's is pretty stacked.
    Incorrect.
    Power Torch is correct.
    I added the links above.
    What you said is not true.
    Marvel just has more characters.
    Marvel cosmic is bigger then dc's.

DC cosmic.
    https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:C...=1547424090017

Marvel cosmic.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Catego...=1547423639350

Like i said above your info is way outdated.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-13-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Extraordinary Member

By the way marvel right now has more cosmic books then dc.
    Marvel had more when new52 and dc you was around for example and marvel has more then dc's rebirth.
    Last edited by mace11; 01-13-2019 at 05:42 PM.