I added the links above.
    What you said is not true.
    Marvel just has more characters.
    Marvel cosmic is bigger then dc's.

DC cosmic.
    https://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Category:C...=1547424090017

Marvel cosmic.
    https://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Catego...=1547423639350

Like i said above your info is way outdated.
    I told you before, those lists don't include all the cosmics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    By the way marvel right now has more cosmic books then dc.
    Marvel had more when new52 and dc you was around for example and marvel has more then dc's rebirth.
    List them. Right now, DC has Sandman Universe, Green Lantern, Cosmic Odyssey, etc.

Screenshot_20190113-172742.jpg
    20190113_173103.jpg
    20190113_173138.jpg

Ok, hopefully this is a better close up of the Naomi character designs.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-14-2019 at 01:34 AM.

D is totally an alien. Or Bane's twin brother. No way that a normal human is that tall and broad !

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    D is totally an alien. Or Bane's twin brother. No way that a normal human is that tall and broad !
    He has to be something.

I think he's in a costume in the cover of issue #2.

Screenshot_20190114-034007.jpg

And I think his fists are glowing or something on his fists are glowing and he is mentioned in the synopsis as well...

The most startling and intriguing mystery in the DC Universe continues as Naomi searches to uncover the secrets of her own origin. What do her small town’s oversized mechanic and the last time a super-powered person appeared in her hometown have to do with the day she was adopted? Big emotions, new characters and a last page cliffhanger that can’t be missed lead off this issue drawn by breakout sensation Jamal Campbell. Don’t miss your chance to meet the most exciting new character in the DC Universe!
    And his silhouette is in the cover of issue #3

Screenshot_20190114-034038.jpg

Are you sure it's his fists ? I'm Under the impression that it's just the sun rays beaming from his back and around his waist.

Astonishing Member

Tell me about it, this guy looks like the Mountain from game of thrones, and there's a reason why he's called the mountain lol.

Astonishing Member

Interesting. From that cast roster, it seems they're playing true to their word. Naomi seems to be the only, or at least one of the very few, Black person in her town. She's definitely the only Black person in this cast so far.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Interesting. From that cast roster, it seems they're playing true to their word. Naomi seems to be the only, or at least one of the very few, Black person in her town. She's definitely the only Black person in this cast so far.
    Yup.

But even beyond that, the cast is rather diverse since each character seems unique in body type and style, hinting at varied personalities, which would be a strength of the comics, for me. Especially if those differences can be displayed as being forgotten in times of crisis, for good and bad.

I'm hoping we get some promotions since next week is when Naomi releases.

Are you sure it's his fists ? I'm Under the impression that it's just the sun rays beaming from his back and around his waist.
    You are right it is the sun rays coming out from around his waist and under his arms, for some reason I could not see it.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Looking back at some articles it always mentions one of the few or the only brown-skinned girl so yeah they really meant it.

And apparently one of these characters are lgbt.

20190114_174039.jpg

Yup.

But even beyond that, the cast is rather diverse since each character seems unique in body type and style, hinting at varied personalities, which would be a strength of the comics, for me. Especially if those differences can be displayed as being forgotten in times of crisis, for good and bad.
    The body types and the clothing styles were one of the first things I noticed in the character design b/c they were so different from each other.

I might be assuming too much with Naomi potentially being a cosmic character or really anything for that matter and yet being introduced to all these characters and maybe more later on, it's making me think that this comic and it's concept might be similar to the concept of smallville.

So an interview about Wonder Comics was posted today and here's a little something about Naomi.

So yeah, this made me very happy, but the next surprise that we’re really bringing everybody is “Naomi.” Naomi is a character created by myself, and David Walker, and Jamal Campbell, and it’s a brand new character who lives in the DC Universe, and her life is completely turned upside down by a very quick cameo by Superman that sends her on a quest that will end up unlocking a door in the DC universe that opens up something enormous for her and for everybody else.

And, you know, part of this deal I have with DC comics and this ‘Wonder Comics’ situation is that I’ve been kind of set up to create brand new stuff, like new characters, new things, new toys, new everything, just like, you know, put stuff in the toy box, and Naomi is bringing an enormous amount of stuff with her.
    source
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-15-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Looking back at some articles it always mentions one of the few or the only brown-skinned girl so yeah they really meant it.

And apparently one of these characters are lgbt.

20190114_174039.jpg

The body types and the clothing styles were one of the first things I noticed in the character design b/c they were so different from each other.

I might be assuming too much with Naomi potentially being a cosmic character or really anything for that matter and yet being introduced to all these characters and maybe more later on, it's making me think that this comic and it's concept might be similar to the concept of smallville.
    These layers of genuine earnestness to world building make me exciting for this book in a way all its own, even before adding the concept of the mystery Naomi's heritage. If this much care was made with differentiating and individualizing the side cast? I feel that can only lead to good things.

I definitively thinks that it'll be a strenght for this story to have so many side characters early on. Now it'll have to balance mundane characters and the big mistery, but if the art, the story and the world building work in tandem, we'll get an incredible comic series.

Screenshot_20190101-235802.jpg

An image Jamal Campbell had posted on his instsgram stories in December.

20190116_072326.jpg
    20190116_072433.jpg
    20190116_072510.jpg

These are images from issue 2, Bendis posted these on his instagram when he was doing Hanukkah exclusives.

Can you guess the villains in the first image, I see Captain Cold, Golden Glider and Boomerang.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-16-2019 at 02:37 PM.