Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

20190130_182948.jpg

There was an interview where Jamal said he looks at artbooks for inspiration or something like that so I remembered this from Instagram story.

20190130_183050.jpg
    20190130_183432.jpg

I'm assuming the first trade is gonna contain issues 1 - 6.

Really great to learn that there will be a second printing. Hopefully, it doesn't mean that DC didn't print too little purposely the first time.

Sorry to bump the thread just for it but... Am I the only one unable to find a preview for this week's issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Sorry to bump the thread just for it but... Am I the only one unable to find a preview for this week's issue ?
    Unfortunately there hasn't been any previews, I guess a preview could come out later today, I have seen quite a few sites hold off posting a preview until Tuesday tho.

I thought a preview of issue 2 and May solicitations would be a good lead up until Wednesday and we haven't gotten any of those.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-18-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Speaking of the devil...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...315904_n/#main

That cover is simply gorgeous.
    Last edited by Korath; 02-18-2019 at 07:19 AM.

I wonder if this is gonna be her hero costume, if that's the path she goes down, or if she'll stay a less conventional hero character a la Jessica Jones or Luke Cage.

Between this and Outsiders, May is shaping up to be a really good month for me.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

All my favorite characters will have publication this month. I can(t wait for May to come !

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post

I wonder if this is gonna be her hero costume, if that's the path she goes down, or if she'll stay a less conventional hero character a la Jessica Jones or Luke Cage.

She looks so good. I hope that's her direction going forward because I will definitely pick up her trade.

Just because she has a costume, it doesn't mean she has to become a conventional superhero. Don't forget, Jessica has flight as one of her powers too, and she DOES have a costume, it just isn't usually used because she prefers working at Alias Investigations to being Jewel/Power Woman. Naomi could easily become a detective first and a hero second, just like Jessica.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

These teases are just making the month long waits unbearable.

Yeah, but if it's the price for Jamal Campbell's art, I'm willing to wait.

Also, am I the only one almost certain that I saw the two crescent moons from behind Naomi's head somewhere else at DC recently ?

Even if the symbol of her torso is slightly different, it could be a hint.

This is gorgeous, I'm happy she more than likely has a costume.

Bendis said it was gonna take 6 months and so far by June there should be no secrets that need to revealed for a while.

In just a half of year, we'll have gotten so much new information.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Yeah, but if it's the price for Jamal Campbell's art, I'm willing to wait.

Also, am I the only one almost certain that I saw the two crescent moons from behind Naomi's head somewhere else at DC recently ?

Even if the symbol of her torso is slightly different, it could be a hint.
    Well Bendis did say once the mystery of Naomi is revealed other writers can start playing in the sandbox, and from issue #3 onwards secrets seems to constantly be revealed so who knows when others writers can actually start using Bendis new toys, and how far back writers could tease any connection.

I'm probably over thinking it tho.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Her look reminds me of Starbrand from Marvel.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

If that's her costume, I love it! She looks amazing!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!