Default Lemire's Green Arrow

Do you think he ended it how he wanted to? Or do you think he got kicked off out of nowhere?
    Last edited by TheFerg714; 07-28-2014 at 02:31 AM.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Fantastic Member

It's not canceled. Andrew Kreisberg and Ben Sokolowski take over in October. I don't see anything indicating Lemire was forced of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    It's not canceled. Andrew Kreisberg and Ben Sokolowski take over in October. I don't see anything indicating Lemire was forced of the book.
    The book's not canceled, but Lemire is leaving/getting kicked off.
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by new_onslaught View Post
    Well the announcement that Kreisberg and Sokowski would take over came pretty close to Diane Nelson's decree that there be more synergy between DC Comics and DC Entertainment. Characters in comics will be more similar to their tv or movie counterparts. Green Arrow hasn't been selling as well as DC has hoped it would. They probably figured the success of Arrow should've led to higher sales. So going with this new business plan they're going to make the book more like the show. Felicity will be introduced, etc.
    So it's very possible that Lemire was taken off the book sooner than was planned. Which totally sucks since he and Sorrentino have been doing an amazing job.

Amazing Member

Actually the main reason Lemire left is because Sorrentino jumped ship

"There were a couple of things that Andrea (Sorrentino) wanted to tackle project-wise and I think he was really a collaborator in every sense on this book, a real co-story teller, and I didn’t want to do the book without him."
    http://comicsbeat.com/sdcc-14-jeff-l...een-arrow-run/

The current ''Broken'' arc definitely wasn't suposed to last only three issues. Only one issue is left and I believe it's pretty rushed

Spectacular Member

Lemire may not being doing the Green Arrow solo book any more but Green Arrow is one of his characters in JLU - and it may have been a bit hard trying to write two very different Green Arrow books at the same time. In the solo book, Green Arrow is in his usual setting, but in the JLU book, Green Arrow is out of his element, away from the familiar and forced to adapt his skill-set to it. Presumably, we will be seeing another side of Green Arrow this way, but right now, Lemire is just setting up the characters so all he has really been doing so far is chirping with Animal Man.

Green Arrow is a bit like Robin Hood in space ...