Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

These might have been posted already but just in case...

Sure, he goes on to talk about when Emma was in his body and about his power/potential, but the subtext was there and people talked about it back then.

I always thought he was drawn kinda effeminately here..

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post

Sure, he goes on to talk about when Emma was in his body and about his power/potential, but the subtext was there and people talked about it back then.

These purple pants and the chain!!!!
    That's what I was talking about earlier! It's just like George Michael in "Wake me up before you go go"!

The scene with Jean, and the issue where he takes Rogue to be his beard at a family dinner were HUGE moments in the "Is Iceman supposed to be gay...?" discussions that went on all over the place in the 90's.

Also, that panel you shared...yeah, that's basically Psylocke from the waist down...the hips, the arched ass...belt up. He's Bobby, belt down, he's Psylocke. Intentional...?

BANNED

Notice how Bobby instinctively arches his lower back when a big strong man grabs him? Undeniable evidence that he’s gay.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    The scene with Jean, and the issue where he takes Rogue to be his beard at a family dinner were HUGE moments in the "Is Iceman supposed to be gay...?" discussions that went on all over the place in the 90's.

Also, that panel you shared...yeah, that's basically Psylocke from the waist down...the hips, the arched ass...belt up. He's Bobby, belt down, he's Psylocke. Intentional...?
    No, I don't think this was intentional, to me that's just Portaccio and his weakness in anatomy. And yes, I remember the family dinner! One of those few moments of grace in Lobdell's run.

Lol. Oh man, Bro...I do enjoy the hell out of your dismissals of BS.
    Bitch Please...

As to the Beast thing, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I blame the situation on Grant Morrison trying to be edgy and provocative, but it came off offensive to me and put a bad taste in my mouth right at the start of his run (which, aside from Beast's whole thing and Magneto going full Mutant Hitler at the end, I really enjoyed, overall) that it took a while to get over. And I'm still side-eyeing Beast to this day for it.
    Well yes at this point any and All side-eyeing of Beadt is justified and correct

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Notice how Bobby instinctively arches his lower back when a big strong man grabs him? Undeniable evidence that he’s gay.
    I shoulda read this issue closer then... that sh!t still hurts