Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    I'll take "Bi as f***" for $1000, Alex.
    Not really since they are now only attracted to a single sex. See example 3 above. Again, you are attempting to impose your subjective definition of sexuality onto someone else. This seems like the one drop rule where if you had any black you were considered black. Pretty antiquated way of thinking.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

People can claim anything, but there is scientific research by biologists, anthropologists, psychologists, and sociologists regarding sexuality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, etc so we can look to what the scientific evidence actually demonstrates.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    People can claim anything, but there is scientific research by biologists, anthropologists, psychologists, and sociologists regarding sexuality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, etc so we can look to what the scientific evidence actually demonstrates.
    https://www.mercatornet.com/conjugal...ew-study/21629

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl...t-unchangeable

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_fluidity

The evidence is pretty clear that for some people sexuality is fluid and for others it is stable. Such is the complexity of life that 7 billion humans don't all have the same psychology or genetics.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    . If someone was say attracted exclusively to males in their 20s but now attracted to females now that they are in their 30s, what are they?
    Going through a serious slump
    I'll take "Bi as f***" for $1000, Alex.
    Ha seems obvious don't it....but either way they Gay as hell
    Not really since they are now only attracted to a single sex. See example 3 above. Again, you are attempting to impose your subjective definition of sexuality onto someone else. This seems like the one drop rule where if you had any black you were considered black. Pretty antiquated way of thinking.
    But is it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    You know most of what we know about sex comes from prudish Victorian anthropologists who were mostly visiting "foreign" places to diddle Brown kids

1. Again there is a difference between choosing not to act on something but still having feelings versus killing those feelings entirely.

2. Except it isn't a fact because these terms are human social constructs and as a result subjective. If someone goes 20 years being attracted to and dating only women and then 20 years being attracted to and dating only men then they are free to not really consider themselves to be bisexual since from their perspective, there was no overlap.

3. No same concept applies. Girl attracted to men. Girl finds sex with men abhorrent after being raped. Girl chooses to date only women. After a period a time not only does she chose to date women but she is no longer actually attracted to men. She does not consider herself bisexual as she no longer has any attraction to men.
    1. That's called getting over someone.

2. The terms are constructs but the human traits they describe are not, they have existed since the dawn of time. They are free to consider themselves what they want, no one is arguing that.

3. The girl from your scenario developed an aversion to men as a trauma from being raped by one, doesn't mean she's not attracted to them anymore just that her trauma and the aversion it has caused is stronger. Also she could very well be straight since you said nothing about her being attracted to these women she's dated only that she chose to date them because being with a man would be triggering for her given her past.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Going through a serious slump

Ha seems obvious don't it....but either way they Gay as hell

But is it wrong?

You know most of what we know about sex comes from prudish Victorian anthropologists who were mostly visiting "foreign" places to diddle Brown kids
    Yes according to modern psychology and studies it is wrong. Cited a few above.

1. That's called getting over someone.

2. The terms are constructs but the human traits they describe are not, they have existed since the dawn of time. They are free to consider themselves what they want, no one is arguing that.

3. The girl from your scenario developed an aversion to men as a trauma from being raped by one, doesn't mean she's not attracted to them anymore just that her trauma and the aversion it has caused is stronger. Also she could very well be straight since you said nothing about her being attracted to these women she's dated only that she chose to date them because being with a man would be triggering for her given her past.
    1. And the ease with which it happens is telling. Being in love one day and being over them within a couple of days isn't exactly typical getting over them.

2. Think the point is those traits aren't static in everyone.

3. Nope she legitimately is not attracted to men any longer and moved on to being attracted to women. Again, already posted articles citing the fact sexuality can be fluid. You are just sticking to your preconceived notions of sexuality. Our understanding changes and evolves.

Yes according to modern psychology and studies it is wrong. Cited a few above.
    Oh I meant... does it matter? You can call me a lesbian alllll words are dumb

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Oh I meant... does it matter? You can call me a lesbian alllll words are dumb
    No I don't think it matters how you define it which is why I said it is fluid and hence why I leave people to define themselves however they see fit.

No I don't think it matters how you define it which is why I said it is fluid and hence why I leave people to define themselves however they see fit.
    Ahh ok ok cool

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    Yeah, I remember reading this issue. This art was one of the best in X-Men history.

At that time, Americans and the world wasn't ready for gays.
    Considering the misogyny and homophobia of 80s and 90s comic book fans, Iceman coming out as gay is something that needed to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Considering the misogyny and homophobia of 80s and 90s comic book fans, Iceman coming out as gay is something that needed to happen.
    Obviously going by the reactions of some fans it couldn't have happened at a better time lol

1. And the ease with which it happens is telling. Being in love one day and being over them within a couple of days isn't exactly typical getting over them.

2. Think the point is those traits aren't static in everyone.

3. Nope she legitimately is not attracted to men any longer and moved on to being attracted to women. Again, already posted articles citing the fact sexuality can be fluid. You are just sticking to your preconceived notions of sexuality. Our understanding changes and evolves.
    1. There's no time frame for getting over someone, it can be quick or take years.

2. I have never heard a compelling case saying they are so I'll disagree.

3. All these articles talk about is people misidentifying themselves, repressing part of their sexualities or being unaware of them. We've already covered that.

So we're going to have to agree to disagree here.

why does it matter!! hes gay now and that's not going to change, might as well get over it or stfu. Not like its going to change anything at all
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

1. There's no time frame for getting over someone, it can be quick or take years.

2. I have never heard a compelling case saying they are so I'll disagree.

3. All these articles talk about is people misidentifying themselves, repressing part of their sexualities or being unaware of them. We've already covered that.

So we're going to have to agree to disagree here.
    The studies say sexuality is fluid. You are free to have your personal opinion on the matter but there is no point arguing personal opinion. I will side with the latest science and studies on the matter.