Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Your 2019 Marvel Wishlist

What do you want to see from Marvel in the upcoming year?

It could be in comics, movies, games, whatever you want.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

#FreeHydraCap #PutFalconInABook #PublishWaspForever #CancelAllXMenComics #MakeGalactusInterestingAgain #Lifebringer #Feminism
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

For Kelly Thompson's Captain Marvel to be good and really develop her villains and supporting cast. I want to enjoy reading about my favorite character again.

For Dan Slott to tell some interesting and fun Fantastic Four stories. He's on thin ice at the moment, since the book is just okay. If the market were better, I'd hope for a Future Foundation miniseries about their travels in the multiverse. I want more of those characters.

I want a new Shang-Chi book; perhaps a 12 issue maxi and an ongoing if the support is there for more That'll probably happen with the rumored film, at least. I also want it to be an excellent run that does for Shang-Chi what Christopher Priest did for Black Panther -- take the best of the seventies stuff and modernize it, while adding the creative team's unique spin.

For Saladin Ahmed to continue developing Miles and his world. The solicits that mention the new villain and the principal are promising. Bendis gave a good foundation but for Miles to last, he needs more of his own characters.

I hope Marvel ups their trans representation. Koi Boi is the only one seen regularly.

I want an asexual character. Could just be a minor side character, but please be a human.
    Last edited by MsAngel; 12-31-2018 at 05:16 PM.

The Fantastic Four to have good stories and treated with importance and respect by Marvel.

Invisible Woman to finally get the development and solo book she deserves.

Johnny Storm to be revealed as bisexual.

Lots of cameo's from Fantastic Four members in other books

Lots and lots of Fantastic Four merchandise.

The X-Men to stop living in the past.

Storm to stop being treated like wallpaper and get a solo.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Mighty Member

The X-Men to stop being limited to only six stories.

For Franklin Richards to bleach his hair white after assaulting my eyes with black and blue hair dye.

For Power Pack to get a book, any book whether it's in 616 or another universe.

For Captain Marvel to gain my interest the same way Wonder Woman gave me hope for the DCEU.

For Rachel Summers to get treated with some dignity.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

If Runaways sticks around, I'm good. I'm really only interested in buying one or two single issue comics a month, I don't need any more from Marvel. I would just love to continue buying this book in one form or another.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Exciting X-Men books with diverse casts

Monet on an X-Team

Runaways to not get cancelled

A charming Elsa Bloodstone miniseries

Sunspot leading an X-Team

A Nova(Richard Rider) ongoing

Synch resurrected

Blue Marvel series.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

A new ongoing for Doctor Voodoo.
    A new ongoing for Scarlet Witch.
    A new Avengers book, after No Way Home is completed. Hopefully written by Zub, Ewing or Waid.
    Saladin Ahmed to write a big name book, and fix the mess that is the Inhumans.
    A new Spider-Woman solo.
    More creators of color and lgbt to get high profile jobs in the industry.
    Wanda and Pietro back as Mutants and children of Magneto again.
    A rebuilt and rebranded series of X-Men comics.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 12-31-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

- Cloak and Dagger series to continue.

- Cloak and Dagger to be in some kind of Marvel event/crossover or Team Book (Marvel Knights, maybe).

- Runaways to continue.

- Elektra to get a new series, or on a team book.

- New Warriors to get a new series.

And I think that's it....
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

There's a couple of problems with New Warriors. One, the original 90s series had pretty much the same remit as Champions does. So that's duplication. Two, if the show ever sees the light of day they'll want a book with that team - and that means revisiting the reality show concept, which duplicates West Coast Avengers. It needs a retool.

As for what it would be nice to see...

I agree with Shadowcat, spin a New Avengers series out of No Road Home.
    Success for the new Miles Morales and Ms Marvel books by Ahmed and the relaunched Champions by Zub.
    Snowguard to get at least a mini-series.
    Falcon to come out of limbo. Right now his sidekicks (who have joined the Champions) are doing better than Sam.
    New good quality X books after Age of X-Man ends.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

1) New Writer for Thor
    2) Johnny Storm gets back with Crystal.
    3) Shang Chi in a solo book
    4) More interaction between Daredevil and Elektra
    5) Keeping Dr. Doom as an anti-hero/infamous Iron man character rather than an out and out villain and give him a solo book
    6) Logan finally comes back- man have they dragged this out for way too long
    7) Storm and Cyclops playing a more prominent role in X-men books
    8)Luke Cage/ Jessica Jones book
    9) Hydra Cap becomes the main villain of the captain America book
    10) Peter/ Mary Jane Wedding
    11) Magneto solo book
    12) Cannonball and Smasher marriage/family continues - was a great dynamic added by Hickman, afraid new xforce book is just gonna ignore it.
    13) Deadpool interacting with Kid Cable
    14) Kitty Pryde disappears from the x-books for a while- I like Kitty but she needs a break the last few years have really damaged her as a character. either a break or some sort of mini series away from the x-men that can refocus her character back to how she should be not the terrible version of the last few years.
    Last edited by regg215; 12-31-2018 at 06:26 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Logan finally will be back, along with Cyclops next month, they're leading a new Uncanny X-Men team, comprising the New Mutants, Multiple Man, and themselves.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'm pretty content with the majority of the books I'm reading. However, my one big wish would be to relaunch Deadpool with a creative team that will give the book an actual direction again.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Logan finally will be back, along with Cyclops next month, they're leading a new Uncanny X-Men team, comprising the New Mutants, Multiple Man, and themselves.
    That's great. Thanks for the info. I knew I had seen something related to those two but figured it was a story set in the past that would run during age of x-man. Kinda surprised it is so soon. Really hope that return of wolverine is finished before that starts, although with how poorly marvel has handled event series lately it would make sense for him to return in another book before the series specifically created to bring him back concludes. I mean I guess he already appeared in FF and in all the "post credit scenes" so it's not like there is much drama about what will happen at the end.
    Last edited by regg215; 12-31-2018 at 06:43 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard