Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

There's two of him running around, and I don't mean the Old Man! The one from Marvel Legacy, Infinity Countdown, Avengers, and Thor is from the future. Hunt for and Return of Wolverine was the real resurrection of Logan. Basically, if he's written by Jason Aaron, he's an AU version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

NO EVENTS

Marvel to annoy a certain group even more. If you can't state your issues with my books without insults-I don't need to listen to you.

Be HONEST when a book is a MINI-nothing is wrong with extending a run if you think you can get more issues.

One shots are always welcomed. I don't need a 6 issue series for someone like Rich Ryder-a 48 page one shot is fine. Use those to test the waters. Not everyone needs a series from the start.

Lets see a limit or reduction on books/minis with guys like Peter & Logan. Because while they do get high orders-too many PACK bins way too much. Let focus on making the 2-3 Peter books high quality versus flooding the market. Flooding the market gets excuses to ignore what the rest of the company is doing. No company should rely on ONE person or franchise.

• She-Hulk to return to her classic self. I can't stand what's being done with her currently. While on the topic, a new She-Hulk title would be great as would announcement of the character appearing in the MCU.
    • A Janet Van Dyne solo series. I'd even settle for a mini, but I think the Nadia stuff is just bogging her down.
    • More Serpent Society. I'd like to see them as lead villains in a story arc rather than a quick one-issue battle.
    • Nebula solo series or mini. She's definitely one of the most interesting and developed of the female MCU characters, so Marvel should push the character in the comics.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Can we get a new Alpha Flight book too? Something to differentiate it from other team books please.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A Blue Marvel, Squadron Supreme, Heralds of Galactus and the Imperial Guard supergroup team-up maxi series.

An O5 Jean Grey and Miles Morales limited series. It can be an Elsewhere tale outside canon.

A book about gods other than the Greco Roman or Norse variety.

A Spider Man meets Maddy Goblin Queen Pryor limited series or extended story arc.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

In Daredevil, my hope is for Matt to get a larger supporting cast and a better Daredevil/Matt Murdock balance.

For the greater Marvel Universe, my hopes are honestly a bit more cynical. I'm hoping Ms. Marvel's book and Miles's book last more than 12 issues. Same with other books featuring new or diverse characters.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    In Daredevil, my hope is for Matt to get a larger supporting cast and a better Daredevil/Matt Murdock balance.

For the greater Marvel Universe, my hopes are honestly a bit more cynical. I'm hoping Ms. Marvel's book and Miles's book last more than 12 issues. Same with other books featuring new or diverse characters.
    Pretty sure Saladin's runs could blow chunks and both of those series could still survive off old collection sales.

Be concerned about Wasp PleaseBuyWaspI'llBlessYouIfYouBuyWaspPleaseDoYouWa nnaKissToBuyWaspOkayHereItIsMwahNowBuyWasp
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

For Marvel to start taking steps to fix it's New York problem. Riri is in Chicago so that is a step in the right direction. But if I'm being honest I really wanted Miles in Chicago and Riri in Los Angeles on a new West Coast Avengers team. But I will take what I can get. By the way, I have started binging West Coast Avengers so this list will have Kate Bishop stuff in it. You have been warned.

Hawkeye back in his original costume, it's time.

Kate Bishop gets her own codename, it's time. Just pick another bird. Kestrel, Condor or Hawk, see how easy that is?

An actual reason for why Kate Bishop is a superhero. It feels like she doesn't have one, like it's just a hobby or side hustle.

For Marvel to ease off the "one of the two greatest archers on earth" bit. I know Marvel is trying to put her over but it's a little much. She is a hero with a bow, the rep will come in time. I'm pretty sure the two greatest archers on earth would be Clint and Taskmaster. Speaking of Taskmaster...

Maybe it's time to lay off of using Taskmaster. Just let the character sit for awhile. Too much of a good thing until the thing isn't all that good anymore.

For Marvel to do right by their forgotten generation. Asking Marvel to figure out what to do with their golden age heroes is like asking them to create speedsters that aren't terrible. Yeah, I know that we got The Twelve. The Twelve was the right book at the wrong moment. At the time when we heard the announcement we were hoping for something like JSA. The Twelve works great as a stand-alone but it isn't something that you can really build on.

Better art. Marvel already seems to be working towards this, or maybe my standards are dropping.

America Chavez to start wearing a costume. I noticed that the character doesn't and the fans defend it. Well it's time for the character to "evolve" on her feelings about costumes. The character is already wearing red, white, blue and stars. The only thing she has to do is lengthen the biker shorts down to her ankles and she has a costume

Kill Mary Jane. Tired of the spider-marriage hanging over the spider-books like the Sword Of Damocles.

Drop in prices. Even If it means we cut back on certain things like paper quality and coloring
    Last edited by Anthony W; 01-01-2019 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Just realized I put "The 9" instead of "The Twelve"

-Avengers Panther Quest to be renewed for another season

-Black Panther Solo relaunched with a new creative team.

-Possible Kilmonger ongoing if the mini allows it

-Ultimates relaunched again. It was a title with a ton of potential that can be it's own flagship and not an Avengers satellite book.

-A Marvel's Monarchs book putting the monarchs of the MU on a story together forcing them to cooperate

-Aaron's Avengers book to continue but kick into gear with having the team do cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Kate Bishop gets her own codename, it's time. Just pick another bird. Kestrel, Condor or Hawk, see how easy that is?
    That's not really where "Hawkeye" comes from. It's not something you can just substitute one bird for another (Eagle Eye is closer but it doesn't roll off the tongue as easily).

America Chavez to start wearing a costume. I noticed that the character doesn't and the fans defend it. Well it's time for the character to "evolve" on her feelings about costumes. The character is already wearing red, white, blue and stars. The only thing she has to do is lengthen the biker shorts down to her ankles and she has a costume
    I mean, how isn't it a costume? Why does a costume require full length pants?

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Because the biker shorts (or are they yoga pants?) look stupid. There, I said it. America needs to commit to the "I don't do costume" stuff fully or just complete the costume.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Never heard of Hawk and Dove? Can't drop the eye and just call her Hawk, that name belongs to DC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Respect and give justice to Amora the Enchantress, I don't know how many times I said it from years.

Also bring back Sylvie Lushton and not forget Lorelei and her pal Sigurd.

- Winsome Wasp miniseries while Unstoppable Wasp is still going on.

- Janet van Dyne keeps appearing in multiple books a month.

- tonyjan wedding

- A new Avengers book after No Road Home, ongoing, has Janet, Wanda and Monica.

- More female led books.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Never heard of Hawk and Dove? Can't drop the eye and just call her Hawk, that name belongs to DC.
    It also has nothing to do with being a sharpshooter, which is the point of the name.