Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Several things come to mind:

Captain Britain having a marked presence in comics and the MCU.

Charles Soule's complete Daredevil run and subsidiary stories being published in two Omnibus volumes.

A consistent creative team for Iron Fist that are in it for the long run and will bring something constructive and productive to his "world" and in continuity.

Plans for Daredevil, Iron Fist and the other Netflix characters to appear in the Marvel movies.

Reprints of the Immortal Iron Fist Omnibus and Bendis Daredevil Omnibuses.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Charles Soule's complete Daredevil run and subsidiary stories being published in two Omnibus volumes.
    That's almost certainly not going to happen in 2019. We know the 2019 books through July and there's no hint of it and I don't believe they've even done it with Mark Waid yet. I would also expect that it's far more likely to be three volumes than two.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

New writers on Thor, Avengers, Conan and Captain America.

Nova ongoing

The Wolverine ongoing.

Better art

Lower prices

Continuity. Stop ignoring it and changing it for the story. Change the story to fit continuity.

Stop changing characters personalities to fit the story. If a character wouldn't act a certain way or do a certain thing for 60 years of comics then the modern writers shouldn't have the character act that way or do that thing now.

Rename a bunch of characters. There should only be one character named Spider-Man. Unless the other characters are in a alternate universe.

Ghost Rider ongoing staring either Blaze or Ketch. Or both.

Punisher: War zone written by Chuck Dixon.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Danny DeVito as Wolverine in the next X-Men movie. He spends most of the movie trying to convince everyone that he really is Logan, but of course, no one believes him. Slowly but surely he starts doing Logan-type things -- or at least things that Logan would do if he didn't have a healing factor, adamantium laced skeleton and claws. The movie ends with an appearance from Belasco, the obvious culprit in Wolverine's transformation.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    The return of the original Cyclops to lead the X-Men (or has that happened already?)
    He returned in Extermination #5, is the focus of an annual on January 23rd, and will be back with the X-Men, alongside Wolverine, in issue 11 of Uncanny next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    Black Widow solo movie confirmed
    Shang Chi & Iron Fist comic series
    Thunderbolts and Secret Avengers returns
    Black Widow ongoing
    Spider Woman ongoing

Natasha's movie was already confirmed and a comic solicited. Iron Fist has a digital comic.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    - Rebirth of Young Avengers, whether it be through comic or animated series. A YJ for Marvel fans

- Moongirl animated series
    Moon Girl cartoon is already in development. YA was mentioned by Cebulski at NYCC last year - it seems there are plans.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Danny DeVito as Wolverine in the next X-Men movie. He spends most of the movie trying to convince everyone that he really is Logan, but of course, no one believes him. Slowly but surely he starts doing Logan-type things -- or at least things that Logan would do if he didn't have a healing factor, adamantium laced skeleton and claws. The movie ends with an appearance from Belasco, the obvious culprit in Wolverine's transformation.
    You're hired.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

The following things are on my list as well:

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    New writers on Thor, Avengers, Conan and Captain America.
    Better art

Lower prices

Continuity. Stop ignoring it and changing it for the story. Change the story to fit continuity.

Stop changing characters personalities to fit the story. If a character wouldn't act a certain way or do a certain thing for 60 years of comics then the modern writers shouldn't have the character act that way or do that thing now.

Rename a bunch of characters. There should only be one character named Spider-Man. Unless the other characters are in a alternate universe.
    The thing about continuity is that it might prevent an author from telling a really great story. I don't want that. But good writers generally find a way to tell the stories they want to without having to revamp everything. Alan Moore is the gold standard for this. His Superman stories, and then his Supreme stories in the nineties showed how he would have handled the wonky SilverAge/Bronze Age continuity.

I want to add one more thing to my list: Give Thor is real arm back. The fact that Malkelith cut it off was dramatic, but beyond that I can't see how it helped the character or the storytelling. There are plenty of cybernetically limbed characters out there, why does Thor have to be one also?

Hopefully War of Realms is Aaron's Marvel swansong. Remender left after Axis, Bendis after Civil War II and Hickman left after Secret Wars. May be we'll get lucky and Aaron will leave after War of Realms.
    I am committed to the idea that any work of art should be judged on its own merit, not on the behavior or beliefs of its author.

Peter and MJ married
    Hank Pym as a hero, back with Janet, and an Avenger
    Cyclops and Jean back together
    A non-goofy West Coast Avengers
    A new Thor creative team. I bought the first two issues of the relaunch and the Uber-abstract art hurt my eyes
    For FF to blow the doors off.

Spectacular Member

More Blue Marvel and Spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    That's almost certainly not going to happen in 2019. We know the 2019 books through July and there's no hint of it and I don't believe they've even done it with Mark Waid yet. I would also expect that it's far more likely to be three volumes than two.
    Marvel surprise release Omnibuses (and other collected editions) from time to time. This is my observation from the last eight years or so. There is no reason why they can't do this in 2019.

Mark Waid's Daredevil was released in two Omnibus volumes some time ago. The first volume is now slowly becoming out of print.

Soule's Daredevil can easily be published in two Omnibus volumes. No need for a third.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

You're right about Mark Waid, you're talking about the Hardcovers, right?

Even well before collections get solicited, they get released to places like Amazon and people find out by fishing for the information. But I'm happy to be wrong, we'll see.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    You're right about Mark Waid, you're talking about the Hardcovers, right?

Even well before collections get solicited, they get released to places like Amazon and people find out by fishing for the information. But I'm happy to be wrong, we'll see.
    Waid's Daredevil was released in five oversized hardcovers and two oversized Omnibus hardcovers (not including trade paperbacks and standard hardcovers).

I'm not quite sure where you get the idea that Soule's Daredevil would have to be three Omnibus volumes. Marvel Omnibuses number from around 500-1300-ish pages. Two Omnibus volumes for Soule's Daredevil would be just perfect.

Would LOVE to see an ongoing Ka-Zar or Lockjaw series.

Another vote for continuity. Respect previous writers and loyal readers.

An MI:13 ongoing.

A good Agents of Atlas run. It really lost its way last time.

A good build up of Cosmic stories. I'm not too fussy about who features, although I'd like to see Wendall Quasar again, Darkhawk, and the Infinity Watch. I'd also love it if GotG could go back to what DnA gave us, but I don't see that happening.

An X-Factor run of the Peter David type.

Last but not least, for Marvel to finally get around to giving me the Death's Head run they teased several years ago. One that brings back the black humour of the original, and gets the design right. I'm fed up of him looking different every time we see him pop up.

Something like this:

Deaths-Head-3 1.jpg

Deaths-Head-3.jpg

Extraordinary Member

1. Wanda Maximoff/The Scarlet Witch and Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel actually appear in a comic together. The last time their friendship was shown on-panel was the 0 issue of Avengers vs. X-Men and that was almost a decade ago. I keep waiting and hoping for some writer to remember they are friends, because it's one of the most interesting and least-developed friendships in the Marvel Universe - two very different women from different eras (Silver Age "girly" girl and post-feminist badass) who have both suffered many ups and downs in their status as heroes.

2. An omnibus collection of the original Busiek/Bagley Thunderbolts. I don't want to wait until there's a T-Bolts movie.

3. Jeff Parker returning to write something, anything.