Page 406 of 410 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410 LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 6144
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Some panels of Lara and little Jonathan in action from The Golden Child by Miller/Grampá:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Oh my, my... ladies and gentlemen Jon and Lara are here!!!

How can I express what I felt reading this book? Maybe for the first time you can really feel what SMWW's offsprings really look like... Lara's vibrant and powerful amazon, with her mother's temper while Jon has an almost divine Zen side (little Buddha, right?) and with all mental capacity of his parents who have superior brains, superior intellects. By having a more balanced temperament Jon can develop this intellectual side while Lara, who seems to have lava in her veins instead of blood, is only action and has no time for such meditations. The affection and complicity that both have is also evident and touching. Another thing I loved about Jon was that, despite all his power, all temperance, still has the typical actions of a child of his age (repeating over and over what he would do with Darkseid, the beautiful smile in the face of danger, a slight naive look in his eyes)... I loved the book, I loved the story, I loved the characters and I have a taste of "I want more" in my mouth ... we need Golden Child 2, we need an animation (anime style like Akira), we need a monthly book ... and most of all we need to celebrate this book. I will go into detail about the story in a few days, I will expect the rest of our friends (and non-friends) read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Oh my, my... ladies and gentlemen Jon and Lara are here!!!

How can I express what I felt reading this book? Maybe for the first time you can really feel what SMWW's offsprings really look like... Lara's vibrant and powerful amazon, with her mother's temper while Jon has an almost divine Zen side (little Buddha, right?) and with all mental capacity of his parents who have superior brains, superior intellects. By having a more balanced temperament Jon can develop this intellectual side while Lara, who seems to have lava in her veins instead of blood, is only action and has no time for such meditations. The affection and complicity that both have is also evident and touching. Another thing I loved about Jon was that, despite all his power, all temperance, still has the typical actions of a child of his age (repeating over and over what he would do with Darkseid, the beautiful smile in the face of danger, a slight naive look in his eyes)... I loved the book, I loved the story, I loved the characters and I have a taste of "I want more" in my mouth ... we need Golden Child 2, we need an animation (anime style like Akira), we need a monthly book ... and most of all we need to celebrate this book. I will go into detail about the story in a few days, I will expect the rest of our friends (and non-friends) read it!
    I liked it. It was better than YO, imo. But I would have preferred the book had been longer to give the story more room to breathe. Little Jonathan was fun. I too want an anime style series based on it.

I liked it. It was better than YO, imo. But I would have preferred the book had been longer to give the story more room to breathe. Little Jonathan was fun. I too want an anime style series based on it.
    I say before and repeat SMYO is a story to add "colors" to Millerverse's SM, to show his position, who he was on the chessboard before the match started ... it's a book to be read in the right sequence together with the other books of this line. Miller is solidifying the world of DK with SMYO and a possible WW book (and perhaps Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow and Atom). Already in GC he is presenting (and re-presenting) his original characters ... it was a test of strength and they did very well

Ok ok I think I found my new tattoo!

Some panels of Lara and little Jonathan in action from The Golden Child by Miller/Grampá:

Golden Child was wildin’! In a very good way. Not so subtle at all about the real world issues. This does take out the comfort and safe, forcing the reader to see the real harshness, cruelty and ugliness of reality without watering it down but at the same time yes, there is a fight for the better.

At times, we need that. Superman and Wonder Woman are the ideal characters for this. They are suppose to represent a very real message of reality. Unfortunately, both characters have strayed away from this especially in the current times. What Golden Child gave is the right balance of fantasy combined with true “wokeness” and “relevance” to reality.

Lara and Jon represent both Kal and Diana quite well. They balance each other out. Lara has Diana’s personality. Strong, stubborn, take no nonsense. With more fleshing out, it seems it’s not that Lara is boarder-line evil or anything. She was raised by the Amazons who have dealt with and know the harshness and cruelty of man’s world. She sees that more than the positive because even in our current reality negativity overshadows the positiveness. She plays the part of the reluctant hero. She’s still a teenager. Still learning and growing and trying to balance it all out with her emotions and responsibilities. Jonathan takes on Clark’s personality. He sees the positivity but not naive. Very zen swag as a toddler. He is very powerful and his powers are still a mystery.

Rafael’s art is fire!!! I love his redesigns. It fits perfectly with Miller’s world. Lara was drawn beautifully with her Wonder Woman symbol jacket perfection and her hair, the blue is so pretty. Jonathan is so tiny LOL

WE NEED THIS IN ANIME ADAPTION ASAP! Rafael’s art gave an anime vibe.

We’ve already seen a child of Superman and Wonder Woman with “ Project A-Ko” as an anime. The subtle details are not so subtle. It shows Superman and Wonder Woman fits into the anime world and have the potential to really go crazy with the concepts.

I can definitely see Lara as A-ko.

Jonathan reminds me of Saiki K. I can see Jonathan with this attitude.

Combined both and we have an epic modern anime tale with DC characters.
    One particular animation style I like that can fit millerverse and Rafael’s designs is from League of Legions “Giants” music video: https://youtu.be/sVZpHFXcFJw

All in all, Golden Child was a great read and I hope we can get DKIV. I would also like to see Clark and Diana with Lara and Jon. The millerverse as a whole has its quirks and definitely not perfect but brings some great ideas than can be fleshed out for the better. Jon and Lara bring something fresh and new while still keeping the legacy of Clark and Diana.

SM/WW themed cups/mugs/glasses:

"Run away Wonder Woman! Run away run away with Superman!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5iGZDmhhzc/

"#superman 💞 #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2daAFDBFPJ/

"Superman and Woman Wonder Mugs"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2ZbRXBD2Cv/

"Much love involved in each piece 😍!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B11RubPFsYu/

"Super breakfast ☕️🍪 ... because every woman has super powers ... And every husband is our hero 🤩💪🏼 ♥"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4W-2_doHCc/

"Personalized mugs! #wonderwoman #superman 💙"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5q2k7fh3Qk/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Ok ok I think I found my new tattoo!
    The search for a new tattoo will never ends, eh? Just do all of them. 🙃

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Golden Child was wildin’! In a very good way. Not so subtle at all about the real world issues. This does take out the comfort and safe, forcing the reader to see the real harshness, cruelty and ugliness of reality without watering it down but at the same time yes, there is a fight for the better.

At times, we need that. Superman and Wonder Woman are the ideal characters for this. They are suppose to represent a very real message of reality. Unfortunately, both characters have strayed away from this especially in the current times. What Golden Child gave is the right balance of fantasy combined with true “wokeness” and “relevance” to reality.

Lara and Jon represent both Kal and Diana quite well. They balance each other out. Lara has Diana’s personality. Strong, stubborn, take no nonsense. With more fleshing out, it seems it’s not that Lara is boarder-line evil or anything. She was raised by the Amazons who have dealt with and know the harshness and cruelty of man’s world. She sees that more than the positive because even in our current reality negativity overshadows the positiveness. She plays the part of the reluctant hero. She’s still a teenager. Still learning and growing and trying to balance it all out with her emotions and responsibilities. Jonathan takes on Clark’s personality. He sees the positivity but not naive. Very zen swag as a toddler. He is very powerful and his powers are still a mystery.

Rafael’s art is fire!!! I love his redesigns. It fits perfectly with Miller’s world. Lara was drawn beautifully with her Wonder Woman symbol jacket perfection and her hair, the blue is so pretty. Jonathan is so tiny LOL
    Thinking about it... where is the SMWW combined logo that was teased months ago? 🤔

WE NEED THIS IN ANIME ADAPTION ASAP! Rafael’s art gave an anime vibe.

We’ve already seen a child of Superman and Wonder Woman with “ Project A-Ko” as an anime. The subtle details are not so subtle. It shows Superman and Wonder Woman fits into the anime world and have the potential to really go crazy with the concepts.

I can definitely see Lara as A-ko.

Jonathan reminds me of Saiki K. I can see Jonathan with this attitude.

Combined both and we have an epic modern anime tale with DC characters.
    One particular animation style I like that can fit millerverse and Rafael’s designs is from League of Legions “Giants” music video: https://youtu.be/sVZpHFXcFJw

All in all, Golden Child was a great read and I hope we can get DKIV. I would also like to see Clark and Diana with Lara and Jon. The millerverse as a whole has its quirks and definitely not perfect but brings some great ideas than can be fleshed out for the better. Jon and Lara bring something fresh and new while still keeping the legacy of Clark and Diana.
    I start to think that DKIV will be the beginning of a new trilogy that has as protagonists SMWW's children, Jonathan and Lara and Batman's heir, Carrie. 🤔

Thinking about it... where is the SMWW combined logo that was teased months ago? 🤔
    If there is to be DKIV saving the reveal for then so both Lara and Jon can wear it. Or wasn’t approved?
    Too bad If it wasn’t because that was really good and unique’

I start to think that DKIV will be the beginning of a new trilogy that has as protagonists SMWW's children, Jonathan and Lara and Batman's heir, Carrie. 🤔
    🤔 well it sure seems like DKIV is in the works. Miller has a 5 book deal..SM YO is done, Golden Child is done
    Now for Carrie Kelly YA novel and I think the artist said the date is set fall of 2020
    There’s still the trinity in WWII setting with Andy Kubert I believe
    Now the 5th book has to be DKIV and hoping Rafael continues art.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    If there is to be DKIV saving the reveal for then so both Lara and Jon can wear it. Or wasn’t approved?
    Too bad If it wasn’t because that was really good and unique’
    Could the combined logo be a sketch for Lara's jacket that ended up unused?

🤔 well it sure seems like DKIV is in the works. Miller has a 5 book deal..SM YO is done, Golden Child is done
    Now for Carrie Kelly YA novel and I think the artist said the date is set fall of 2020
    There’s still the trinity in WWII setting with Andy Kubert I believe
    Now the 5th book has to be DKIV and hoping Rafael continues art.
    If DKIII doesn't count, DKIV should be the 5th book of his deal with DC. 🤔 It'll took awhile before we'll hear something about it, these kind of projects take time.

Could the combined logo be a sketch for Lara's jacket that ended up unused?
    🤔hmm...could be possible but honestly Jonathan unless will keep his jacket closed maybe it’s for him? I hope it wasn’t scrapped. It’s just way too good.

If DKIII doesn't count, DKIV should be the 5th book of his deal with DC. 🤔 It'll took awhile before we'll hear something about it, these kind of projects take time.
    Miller’s new deal was 2018, so nah DKIII definitely doesn’t count.
    DKIV possibly this time next year or early 2021