Page 7 of 410 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

I’ve always enjoyed seeing fully uniformed SMWW doing simple things like going to a diner and interating with people, eating a pie or just being just themselves close to those who admire them! It reminds me a little of the actor Keanu Reeves who lives apart from Olympus called Hollywood and who interacts with us, poor mortals!

“Here's to the moments when you realize the simple things are wonderful and enough.”

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I’ve always enjoyed seeing fully uniformed SMWW doing simple things like going to a diner and interating with people, eating a pie or just being just themselves close to those who admire them! It reminds me a little of the actor Keanu Reeves who lives apart from Olympus called Hollywood and who interacts with us, poor mortals!

“Here's to the moments when you realize the simple things are wonderful and enough.”
    I absolutely agree! I think that’s what new52 SMWW Justice League issues 14/15 were showing. 14 was Superman and Wonder Woman going to the diner. They were seen as celebs of course, but Kal showed that they were no different than any other costumer simply enjoying pancakes. Diana doesn’t care of much of over the top luxuries. Eating pancakes, ice cream, going dancing, caring for children etc...things that may seem small but is cherished the most is what gives her joy. Kal knows that and is why he captures her heart.

Btw, this image is so cute! Kal and Diana about to share a milkshake? And was issue 14 scene an homage to this image? 😍 Love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    I absolutely agree! I think that’s what new52 SMWW Justice League issues 14/15 were showing. 14 was Superman and Wonder Woman going to the diner. They were seen as celebs of course, but Kal showed that they were no different than any other costumer simply enjoying pancakes. Diana doesn’t care of much of over the top luxuries. Eating pancakes, ice cream, going dancing, caring for children etc...things that may seem small but is cherished the most is what gives her joy. Kal knows that and is why he captures her heart.

Btw, this image is so cute! Kal and Diana about to share a milkshake? And was issue 14 scene an homage to this image? �� Love it!!
    THIS is to approach mankind, THIS does anchor you with humanity and the common man, THIS is to generate a sincere knowledge and affection, THIS does generate trust !!! You live, even for a few moments without a mask, being you in all your potential with the common man! You find out more about the human being in a bar, supermarket, cafeteria than in your perfect little home with your utopian family!

THIS is to approach mankind, THIS does anchor you with humanity and the common man, THIS is to generate a sincere knowledge and affection, THIS does generate trust !!! You live, even for a few moments without a mask, being you in all your potential with the common man! You find out more about the human being in a bar, supermarket, cafeteria than in your perfect little home with your utopian family!
    This too was touched upon. Having the perfect home means nothing when it isn’t earned and given so easily. It’s fragile with very little to no substance. You don’t learn anything at all of how to face true challenges and unwise decisions are made, not knowing how to handle pressure in situations or the situation(s) period. In reality, going out into the world, we come across many people who have a purpose in each of our lives, big or small, lessons are taught and learned about how to truly navigate through life.
    Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to demonstrate just that. Our prime example is from Chico 🤗

This too was touched upon. Having the perfect home means nothing when it isn’t earned and given so easily. It’s fragile with very little to no substance. You don’t learn anything at all of how to face true challenges and unwise decisions are made, not knowing how to handle pressure in situations or the situation(s) period. In reality, going out into the world, we come across many people who have a purpose in each of our lives, big or small, lessons are taught and learned about how to truly navigate through life.
    Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to demonstrate just that. Our prime example is from Chico ��
    More than fragile it is empty! Here in Brazil we say that the strength of the simple man, the common man, the man of the field is the force that governs the country! There is wisdom in the common man, and this wisdom teaches us not to give up, always strive and work hard and honesty. Often the most privileged people have a greater capacity to stray from the path of truth because they are surrounded by cunning foes such as arrogance and power. We see this a great deal as successful celebrities as actors in a single hit movie, writers from a single hit book and journalists who practically stumble across a bomb story ... they get caught up in this success and turn away from their main purpose it is entertainment and, in some cases, commitment to justice and truth. The best in these cases is to return to the origins, maintain contact with the simple life and the most naked and crude truths. I fully believe that SMWW's contact with the ordinary human being is essential, but you see, I said SMWW and not just Clark and Diana! This is the necessary relationship for both to gain confidence!

More than fragile it is empty! Here in Brazil we say that the strength of the simple man, the common man, the man of the field is the force that governs the country! There is wisdom in the common man, and this wisdom teaches us not to give up, always strive and work hard and honesty. Often the most privileged people have a greater capacity to stray from the path of truth because they are surrounded by cunning foes such as arrogance and power. We see this a great deal as successful celebrities as actors in a single hit movie, writers from a single hit book and journalists who practically stumble across a bomb story ... they get caught up in this success and turn away from their main purpose it is entertainment and, in some cases, commitment to justice and truth. The best in these cases is to return to the origins, maintain contact with the simple life and the most naked and crude truths. I fully believe that SMWW's contact with the ordinary human being is essential, but you see, I said SMWW and not just Clark and Diana! This is the necessary relationship for both to gain confidence!
    This is why Superman/Kal-El/Clark Kent and Wonder Woman/Diana of Themyscira/Diana Prince don’t belong to just one world. They pull from different aspects, joining it all together. There should not be any choosing one of something over the other. There should not be only one view, mindset/thought process with them. Their purpose is to relate to all. This is also why the pairing is full of diversity.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Happy New Year, Restingvoice and Lady P! ����

We get the build up. The beginning and half the middle but that’s it until it starts again. Would like for one day to get that pay off from the years of their dynamic. New52, even with the flaws was a start but still just surface nicking and tapping. There is still so much to be delved into with this pairing.

I totally agree, Lady P. The “best friends and lovers” angle is so beautiful and as real as it can get. It’s an angle thatÂ’s relatable and why so many gravitate to the pairing in the first place.
    Happy New Year!

I remember when I read this came out, people were angry that Diana is depicted like she has to be taught how to keep a secret identity. I didn't get that. She never felt the need to have one. Also, people in real life have been making fun of Clark being able to hide his identity under the glasses, so her incredulity is actually realistic.

6215b8634fba3a97f4661cbfcdd37452._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Then, just like in real life, it did work, because people actually do look different between glasses. Unless you're used to that person, they can be unrecognizable.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Happy New Year!

I remember when I read this came out, people were angry that Diana is depicted like she has to be taught how to keep a secret identity. I didn't get that. She never felt the need to have one. Also, people in real life have been making fun of Clark being able to hide his identity under the glasses, so her incredulity is actually realistic.

6215b8634fba3a97f4661cbfcdd37452._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Then, just like in real life, it did work, because people actually do look different between glasses. Unless you're used to that person, they can be unrecognizable.
    A lot of things were nitpicked, twisted into something to be deemed as bad and/or outrage over. In reality, in relationships, it’s give and take. Couples learn from and teach each other. Nothing was wrong with that.

Diana comes from a world of she was just seen as the Princess, then man’s world she was just Wonder Woman. Clark showed Diana that it was a “life outside of the Watch Tower”. He gave her a sense of what she thought was impossible for her, was possible.

Diana at the same time showed Clark he didn’t have to feel as if he had to have so much of a seperate of who he was. That not everything has to be secret, and hiding. She saw him as one man. And wanted to celebrate their love.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Couples portrayed as SM/WW:

"Couples portrait #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsLzUrplqSf/

"Commission Piece #painting #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsJ-KOPBRff/

"Illustration I did for the top of the cake and the invitation of the groomsmen at my wedding!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br6O6yxhEvm/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Couples portrayed as SM/WW:

"Illustration I did for the top of the cake and the invitation of the groomsmen at my wedding!"

This is so creative and sentimental! He designed his own cake topper and invitations!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

See? Now how many marketing ideas have we’ve came up with and they are actually plausible. Even if it’s an over the top idea, it works for SMWW!
    Wasn't there already a manual for couples who had SM and WW in the title? I recall you showed the cover to me. 🤔

I enjoy it too. It makes SM and WW relatable even in their superhero personas.

Btw, this image is so cute! Kal and Diana about to share a milkshake? And was issue 14 scene an homage to this image? 😍 Love it!!
    I always had the impression that the JL #14 scene was a tribute to that old Perez's image as many elements of the New52 SM/WW's romance were "inspired" by their early post-COIE moments/scenes.

This is so creative and sentimental! He designed his own cake topper and invitations!
    Here's the final result:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-04-2019 at 09:53 AM.

Wow

Here's the final result:

Bravo!!!! We should thank God that SMWW fandom is creative and have a lot of people with artistic sensibility at their fingertips!

Wasn't there already a manual for couples who had SM and WW in the title? I recall you showed the cover to me. 🤔
    Hmmm? I will have to look back!

I enjoy it too. It makes SM and WW relatable even in their superhero persona.
    “Although some wondered if the bond between these two godlike beings might create a distance between them and the humanity they have sworn to protect, it instead have both Wonder Woman and Superman something to which they could anchor themselves.”

Even DC acknowledges this. I loved that we did see the difference. Superman and Wonder Woman going out, and they are seen as Gods and Celebrities. Going out as Diana Prince and Clark Kent, they can have privacy. But yet, together they never had to put on an act, it was never pretending. It was blending in and that was beautiful and compelling. They were able to have their own kind of normal, the glasses and ID was played on as cute little inside tease for them as we saw in JL VS TT.

I always had the impression that the JL #14 scene was a tribute to that old Perez's image as many elements of the New52 SM/WW's romance were "inspired" by their early post-COIE moments/scenes.
    Both have such sweet, beautiful starts of how a relationship is developed then they go into the phase of how it has its complications, it’s not easy, not a fairytale. It demands from both of them, growing and learning. And that is what’s constantly ran away from with some writers. We don’t need soap drama, but as real as it can get fictional romance and that’s what SMWW brings and demands.

Here's the final result:

Awe!! So sweet!

Happy New Year Lady P and Restingvoice.

My friends, don't let DC make us feel Clark and Diana are wrong. It's a disingenuous effort by some writers to promote the old troupes. Some of which is not working and which DC themselves seem to be trying to slyly transition to their "traditional" status quo as seen what is going on with tell all books and outed ids in HiC. Some will soon behave as if the ideas we associate with SMWW was always part of SM when we full well know this is not true.

Diana asking Clark about his identity and why not embrace all he is in not in any way wrong. It is in fact the healthier and more updated thing to do. Look at the heroes who straddle two worlds who resonate with today's audiences. It is because they value and respect where they came from, who they are because it helps to define how they see themselves and where they go and what they do. Superman to just take what Krypton provides and then claim it is only the Kents who made him what he is is so terribly myopic. Imagine a Jewish person surviving the holocaust or POC surviving a genocide or a slave evading captors. etc. You really think they would not value their heritage and only value their adopted parents? Unless they are insensitive they would. There is a reason why Superman is linked to Moses. Identity is a very important aspect to Superman which DC has chipped away for the american way, which has changed over the decades but Wonder Woman has managed to retain her pride in her identity and truth. These two characters overlap a lot. Diana can actually offer something very important to Clark. But DC don't want to because it might mean Clark can have less blinkered pov and wider perspective from someone who is very much coping with what he has to. Miller said his SM will be more of truth and justice and less loud of the American way. That interests me. It's how I want a modern SM too.

Clark wanting privacy is fine, to blend in is fine but to assume the hiding is somehow better or more moral...to simply support some old troupe so he can be a reporter and work at the DP is reaching imo. On some level he actually does suppress and not embrace all that he is. What he lives is not TRUTH. Truth is what Diana does. Clark can be a writer away from the DP and still be what he is. The new 52 with the blog proved that. He does not have to be an investigative journalist to make a difference. Journalistic integrity is the current thing DC is trying to play with but what they are saying is actually a joke. Superman mythos does not represent that. It just does not. Full disclosure is what is required. Diana has been open with the world from since Perez. It's why I dislike Diana doing stuff with the Govt and being a CIA type spy etc. It's very dishonest and I never would expect an Amazon Princess as even wanting to be used this way. I don't mind a job to connect to the world so she can understand it and help people without the trappings of titles etc. It can work for a while to accomplish what she needs to do.

I don't mind the ID being used to blend in just don't come and act as if you all holier than thou. There are many kinds of ways to impart information and write without trying to expose others or act judge, jury and executioner and to even effect social change. Writers can do their stuff under pen names, you can maintain anonymity. You can even put yr opinion forward as yr opinion. But to come and get involved in things that should be tackled by the law etc...and yet hide and keep huge secrets that could interest the govt etc leave it to real investigative journalists. And Diana as an Ambassador works or if she is to have an ID...well a job that just allows her to blend in. Truth is a very sensitive line to straddle without a hero looking bad.

And SMWW have addressed these issues of truth and identity in a more open way first in canon and made the changes first very early on in their relationship. It's their story in the new 52. They outed Superman and Wonder Woman as a couple. Then they outed Clark's life. The world knew Clark and Diana were a couple. They were open eventually in KC, in DK verses. Clark and Diana are able to be together openly. The ID is used for old troupes. Interestingly enough a DC editor admitted recently there are editors who constantly have this discussion about trying to make the ID and the issues about truth and integrity done in a more ethical way. They are actually very aware what the SM mythos is not ethical and makes SM look bad in this modern day . And I think it is a matter of time DC address this. But how they address this is the issue. Because imo they cannot come to try to elevate one person over another at a whim. Diana has been the most authentic and honest and truthful and is the best representation of that. End of story.

This is why if there ever did bring back new 52 SM and WW in its own verse ( a dream I know) I believe they should keep them as is...ID's outed. It was already done. To go backwards would be ridiculous.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-04-2019 at 10:41 AM.

One of the best moments in SMWW relationship. Soule is the man. Stuff like this...the discussion about them putting the world first and if they could not do their duty and it ever became about putting themselves over the world, they would not be together... he understood. Again SMWW ideas.