Page 326 of 410 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 6144

Default Superman and Wonder Woman Plus Collectibles Pages and Review Part 1

Okay gang. I am sharing some of the pics of the Superman and Wonder Woman Plus Collectibles by Eaglemoss that was released on 13th August 2019. Also I will give my thoughts. It will be posting in parts and there are more than just 3 images so if you will bear with me, I will try to post the smww centric stuff.

The boxed set was posted already. But you can check it out here.

https://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwom...-share-some-of

This is the from and back cover of the book. And contents. Gives you an idea what it got inside.

Last edited by hellacre; 08-22-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Default Superman and Wonder Woman Plus Collectibles Pages and Review Part 2

OOHHH!!! So shiny!!! LOL

Firstly, I love their introduction:

“In just over 75 years, Superman and Wonder Woman have risen to become two of the most recognizable faces in fantasy. He was rocketed to Earth from the dying world of Krypton and given superpowers by our yellow sun. She was gifted qualities by the Greek Gods, stronger than Hercules, wiser than Athena...

Wonder Woman and Superman always seemed to have a special understanding. They are both, by far, the most physically powerful heroes on Earth. And they are both outsiders. This understanding has resulted in a close friendship between the two, and has sometimes evolved into something more.”

It embraces their indivisible uniqueness then they join together so seamlessly without losing their individuality.

SMWW JL 12 both covers are amazing but the second print image is the one that is iconic and love the acknowledgement that they have other iconic covers together “fighting side by side or sharing a tender moment”.

“Man of Justice” and “Princess of Power” 😍 Yes! Love the names.

I really miss this Diana and Kal. She indeed was ahead of the boys with strength and strategy. She took no BS and was fierce, but still had compassionate free spirit. And Kal being quiet but smart, kind but still had the confidence, a little edge and cockiness, the swagger. A leader yet gives respect to his other teammates and show them shining as well without having them seem like chumps without him is always much better.

Their descriptions here are what they should be in story.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Isolating Superman and Wonder Woman just wasn’t a good idea as they thought. It showed just how much their individual worlds are lacking, need expanding and evolve instead of the backpedaling, stagnate state it’s stuck in because their supporting casts and the settings are outdated.
    It feels something is missing in their lives. I guess that the feel of a lacking SM/WW's connection is amplified by other missing aspects of their mythos or characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Diana too. The strides she made from Perez and the significant power boost she gained in new 52...she lost for what? Back to basics without some of those basics if you know what I mean. Both sadly losing, not gaining as far as I see, so they both share that too. And yes most of these books are classic, award winning stories that show...they have a deep connection. Deeper than any other of their allies. But then see how it was treated by Timm in the New Frontier animated movie. They took an iconic scene of hers and his and just gave it away. So what they did in the DCEU just taking what was always Superman's thing...leadership for Batman...it's just the norm isn't it? Sad really.
    Yeah, as most SM fans already know, WB/DC like everything about SM except SM himself. He's a great source to rob for other characters.

It is hard to overlook their connection. That’s why they opt not to have them say much of anything to each other. But that takes away the emotion and so much meaning from the stories.
    And go full history revisionist too. 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It feels something is missing in their lives. I guess that the feel of a lacking SM/WW's connection is amplified by other missing aspects of their mythos or characterization.
    There has been a lot of aspects of SMWW (as individuals) taken away just for a certain narrative/status quo as well as even their own character dumbed down to elevate their own supporting cast.

Yeah, as most SM fans already know, WB/DC like everything about SM except SM himself. He's a great source to rob for other characters.
    Superman deserves respect but DC/WB and fans have to realize he won’t get the respect by having him stagnant, regressing and being something he just is not. He isn’t the greatest just because. And saying he is the “first” doesn’t mean anything anymore when he is far behind others.

And go full history revisionist too. 🙄
    Right LOL but again, itÂ’s all just empty because there is too much solid history to try to twist and rewrite. It takes more effort trying to do all that which does more harm than good.

Panels from Black Hammer-Justice League - Hammer of Justice #1 drawn by Michael Walsh and edited by Batman&Everyone:

"#Comicedit #Superwonder #Superman #Wonder Woman"

https://batmaneveryway.tumblr.com/po...mer-of-justice

Okay gang. I am sharing some of the pics of the Superman and Wonder Woman Plus Collectibles by Eaglemoss that was released on 13th August 2019. Also I will give my thoughts. It will be posting in parts and there are more than just 3 images so if you will bear with me, I will try to post the smww centric stuff.

The boxed set was posted already. But you can check it out here.

https://hellyeahsupermanandwonderwom...-share-some-of

This is the from and back cover of the book. And contents. Gives you an idea what it got inside.

Wow!!! I can't wait for mine!!!!

It just hints their romantic history. If it was for me, I would've gone further into their shared history starting with the pre-Crisis era, highlighting how from the lighthearted ship-teases, their relationship evolved into something more complex over time.

There has been a lot of aspects of SMWW (as individuals) taken away just for a certain narrative/status quo as well as even their own character dumbed down to elevate their own supporting cast.
    I'm still hopeful they will recover one piece at the time.

Right LOL but again, itÂ’s all just empty because there is too much solid history to try to twist and rewrite. It takes more effort trying to do all that which does more harm than good.
    Not just comic-book history as SM/WW keep growing outside of it too.

Hope so... really hope so. They have to get back to being the characters who lead and suppose to be ahead of time and evolve.

Exactly! There is so much outside SMWW influence, meaningful influence that as you said on the previous page, potential new customers etc...

Some new edits of Articus Kent aka Wonder Boy, son of Superman and Wonder Woman:

"☆ WonderBoy animated ☆"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz82f-eI_cE/

"☆ WonderBoy fan art edit ☆"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0EsvBsoXMp/

"☆ WonderBoy Wallpaper ☆"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzqvhuJI4lo/

It just hints their romantic history. If it was for me, I would've gone further into their shared history starting with the pre-Crisis era, highlighting how from the lighthearted ship-teases, their relationship evolved into something more complex over time.

Yeah in my review you will see my thoughts. But more to come.

Yeah in my review you will see my thoughts. But more to come.
    I can’t wait for more of your review and pics!
    🤔 Seems already just as thought/discussed a few pages back, it delved 50/50 maybe but might have still missed some elements of the dynamic?

I have a simple opinion: their relationship and closeness is the foundation of DC universe. They are away now and what do we have? A huge void that is not filled by anything. Batman and Superman's "friendship" is void of certain elements, certain shades that give it diverse colors. This ladder lacks important steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I have a simple opinion: their relationship and closeness is the foundation of DC universe. They are away now and what do we have? A huge void that is not filled by anything. Batman and Superman's "friendship" is void of certain elements, certain shades that give it diverse colors. This ladder lacks important steps.
    The bold has been pretty much stated as fact multiple times in various of ways and acknowledged outside of comics as fact. Mother and Father/King and Queen of Superheroes and this genre period. SMWW’s dynamic truly is something special and unique because it dives into certain things some want to avoid the challenge of taking up or has never thought of. It’s a relationship that has always been ahead of its time, very much relatable while staying tru to being extraordinary/otherworldly.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-22-2019 at 05:51 PM.

The bold has been pretty much stated as fact multiple times in various of ways and acknowledged outside of comics as fact. Mother and Father/King and Queen of Superheroes and this genre period. SMWW’s dynamic truly is something special and unique because it dives into certain things some want to avoid the challenge of taking up or has never thought of. It’s a relationship that has always been ahead of its time, very much relatable while staying tru to being extraordinary/otherworldly.
    Ahead of its time and to stay here forever! The lack of it represents the lack of the DC spirit.