Page 5 of 410 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Well, if a writer doesn't get past his prejudices about a character, it'll be hard writing anything remotely inspired.
    True true! 🙄

Thanks for remind me of them... the latter became a "friend-zone" meme too.

🤣
    HAHAHAHA!!! It’s what he deserves at times 😏 Even as Superman, he has to truly show and prove he is worthy of Princess’ love.
    It doesn’t take much obviously, Diana eventually let’s her guard down.

Only if the buckets of ice cream are available in toy form. 😝
    Ha! Right! Right!

I was thinking about Bruce Timm's quotes about Superman that were linked in another thread. He said that Superman is outdated, uncool, etc. (of course, he didn't see Diana any better). How many time we heard this kind of comments from authors that are clearly unable to see the potential of these characters?

Sadly the people in charge of SM and WW at times don't understand nor want to open their minds and want to change or put a spin on them that make them feel very ooc ...or too old school to be able to properly maintain core traits while moving the characters forward, they are bland and generic. Or sometimes is a simple pissing match. They favor one character over another and want to prove that character is better so they actively go in trying to undermine SM and/or WW or treat them as plot devices to prop their favored character.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New SM/WW art...

Drawing by Beamba:

"#supermanwonderwoman #lovers #forbiddenlove #forbiddenfruit #lovers"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsI3w9tHSZX/

Another sample page by Gardenio Lima:

"#wonderwoman #superman #doomsday"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsIY3nWhFoN/

Art by Gil Sabas:

"Superman x Wonder Woman"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDER-WOMA...8/382703385975

New SM/WW art...

Drawing by Beamba:

Art by Gil Sabas:

WOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! The 3 art works here are stunning!!!!!

The first is hotness overload without a stitch of clothing off, no need for blatant sexual thot poses. They look like dancers. Lovers. Passionate.

My God I want Mr Lima on a smww book asap!!!! His art is everything you would want. Detailed, beautiful, has movement, he can do action sequences, BOTH of them look powerful and capable...Damn even Doomsday looks good.

The third is so sweet. You can feel the love.
    Last edited by hellacre; 01-02-2019 at 05:22 PM.

New SM/WW art...

Drawing by Beamba:

This is hot, giving such a classy sensual vibe. Forbidden love? Yes, it seems that at times SMWW falls into that category. They are a natural pair yet too much like right.

Lima’s art is so beautiful!!!!
    In the comments it was asked about a little hint of romance in the next page or so. He answered saying the page isn’t quite yet defined but a little romance is likely.

I hope he can do more. More pages of Kal and Diana back at peace still on Themyscira and giving even more of a romantic vibe.

Art by Gil Sabas:

WOW!
    Breathtakingly beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    WOWZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! The 3 art works here are stunning!!!!!

The first is hotness overload without a stitch of clothing off, no need for blatant sexual thot poses. They look like dancers. Lovers. Passionate.

My God I want Mr Lima on a smww book asap!!!! His art is everything you would want. Detailed, beautiful, has movement, he can do action sequences, BOTH of them look powerful and capable...Damn even Doomsday looks good.

The third is so sweet. You can feel the love.
    That’s what I love about SMWW art work. Sexy yet stays very classy. It’s natural, doesn’t feel that it’s trying too hard. Even as sketches or just pencils/inked, the art stands out. Then with color it’s a whole new level 😍

Ah and with the first image, contemporary dancing is exactly what I thought of.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 01-02-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The first time I considered the pairing was from George Perez Wonder Woman when Diana fantasized about Superman before she came to know him. I didn't know the continuation of that subplot because they stopped publishing american comics, but from later comic news apparently it didn't go anywhere.

af0a836b8e96c7d5601a16e3193d6a60._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Happy New Year everyone! I must say that this fandom really makes me happy. 😊

I also almost had a mni panic attack when I finally caught up on the other thread that I had open in my tab for weeks on end, only to see I couldn't post because the thread was closed. 😩 However, I like the idea of a new thread for each year. Keeps things fresh. (Now I need to go catch up on this one).

As always the discussions and commentaries are insightful and serve as a reminder for why so many of us came to like SMWW for the wonderful, inspiring and motivating characters they are meant to be. I am also a sucker for the "lovers and best friends" angle. As such, I hope to see this connection fully established and represented as it should. We gotten bits and hints in the past but we're long over due for a fully fleshed out continuous storyline as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Wow!!! Amazing picture!!!! Sexy and strong!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The next thing I heard about this pairing, 20-30 years later, was in New 52, and I was pretty enthusiastic about it because it's like the question I had when I was a kid, that I didn't get to see play out, was happening.

JUN120142_2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

It was a mixed feeling because it came on the heel of Steve Trevor and Diana breaking up, which is another romance I was looking forward to see because it didn't happen in the Post Crisis version either, but something's gotta give.

New52 SuperWonder! I miss them!

This is so awesome!!! Ed Benes Kiss!! WOW

“Some bizarre and interesting artwork in Shenzhen.“

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bogzqs7Bfo-/

“An awesome team up and power couple. Superman Wonder Woman #28 Framed Comic Book”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrvcbodnPhr/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsD-yRXA1xy/

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The first time I considered the pairing was from George Perez Wonder Woman when Diana fantasized about Superman before she came to know him. I didn't know the continuation of that subplot because they stopped publishing american comics, but from later comic news apparently it didn't go anywhere.

The next thing I heard about this pairing, 20-30 years later, was in New 52, and I was pretty enthusiastic about it because it's like the question I had when I was a kid, that I didn't get to see play out, was happening.

It was a mixed feeling because it came on the heel of Steve Trevor and Diana breaking up, which is another romance I was looking forward to see because it didn't happen in the Post Crisis version either, but something's gotta give.
    That’s cool! I always liked the idea of ​​SMWW together since the 70's when I was a child and watched the cartoon SuperFriends ... I was very happy to see them coming closer in the post-COIE era and Kingdom Come made me love them more and the make sure they were made for each other! New 52 brought freshness to the pair and made me see a couple young and passionate!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    HAHAHAHA!!! It’s what he deserves at times 😏 Even as Superman, he has to truly show and prove he is worthy of Princess’ love.
    It doesn’t take much obviously, Diana eventually let’s her guard down.
    Are you a little resentful because he broke her heart in one of the previous posts? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Sadly the people in charge of SM and WW at times don't understand nor want to open their minds and want to change or put a spin on them that make them feel very ooc ...or too old school to be able to properly maintain core traits while moving the characters forward, they are bland and generic. Or sometimes is a simple pissing match. They favor one character over another and want to prove that character is better so they actively go in trying to undermine SM and/or WW or treat them as plot devices to prop their favored character.
    Everything you say is true and it isn't just the typical fans complaint "these people are evil and are mistreating my fav character" as we had some of these authors admitting that they don't like or get these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Lima’s art is so beautiful!!!!
    In the comments it was asked about a little hint of romance in the next page or so. He answered saying the page isn’t quite yet defined but a little romance is likely.

I hope he can do more. More pages of Kal and Diana back at peace still on Themyscira and giving even more of a romantic vibe.
    Thanks for pointing out his comment about his next and sadly last sample page. I'm looking forward to it.

WOW!
    Breathtakingly beautiful!
    Gil Sabas is turning into another of the regular SM/WW fan artists. We are getting from him new art at least every 2/3 weeks. 😎
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-03-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Happy New Year everyone! I must say that this fandom really makes me happy. 😊

I also almost had a mni panic attack when I finally caught up on the other thread that I had open in my tab for weeks on end, only to see I couldn't post because the thread was closed. 😩 However, I like the idea of a new thread for each year. Keeps things fresh. (Now I need to go catch up on this one).

As always the discussions and commentaries are insightful and serve as a reminder for why so many of us came to like SMWW for the wonderful, inspiring and motivating characters they are meant to be. I am also a sucker for the "lovers and best friends" angle. As such, I hope to see this connection fully established and represented as it should. We gotten bits and hints in the past but we're long over due for a fully fleshed out continuous storyline as far as I'm concerned.

Happy New Year, Restingvoice and Lady P! 🥰🤗

We get the build up. The beginning and half the middle but that’s it until it starts again. Would like for one day to get that pay off from the years of their dynamic. New52, even with the flaws was a start but still just surface nicking and tapping. There is still so much to be delved into with this pairing.

I totally agree, Lady P. The “best friends and lovers” angle is so beautiful and as real as it can get. It’s an angle thatÂ’s relatable and why so many gravitate to the pairing in the first place.