Page 287 of 410 FirstFirst ... 187237277283284285286287288289290291297337387 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 6144

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Young Justice 7 kingdom Come
    I read it. Was rather brief but the art was nice and cool to see KC characters used and not the awful way they used them in Convergence.
    Last edited by hellacre; 07-11-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SuperWonder dogs cosplay: 😂

"They're in a league of their own!!! ❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzsxm7knEON/

"Never fear - the super dogs are here!!! Ok, they look like they might fall asleep on route to saving the day, but still, they look ‘super’ cute in their hero outfits!!!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzvYZ_CpPHL/

"Enzo and I, aka Superman & Wonder Woman, saved the day and helped raise money for the Southern California Newfoundland Rescue at #Pawmicon . We love being Superheroes. 🗯🦸🦸💥"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzpLLWwBM0B/
    The second one. Those dogs have heroic expressions!!! XD
    Aww the bracers on the wonderdog! lol.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

SM/WW cosplays:

"How to annoy Batman. :-)"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzu-q0eIsT6/

"#dccosplay #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzwDrFeFbsi/

"The guy who wears heels, foam and lenses for Wonder Woman."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BztezFNp6vE/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I'm following this account and I think Articus is a perfect Wonderboy! Once again I want to praise the creativity of this fandom! If DC does not give us what we want to do ourselves ... now see the level of DC's lack of vision ... if even without the couple together officially, even without a child of both in a regular book, this fandom grows more and more, now imagine if DC, a company that keeps books selling below 10k, give us a book ... surely at worst, this book would stay above the monthly average and at best, over 50k.
    It is mind boggling because DC has books like this,books even under 20 k, hey putting out and I have no clue why they would turn their backs on some successful concepts like smww for poor selling stuff. I get the need to give concepts a chance but come on. We have said it over and over. Multiverse. The new 52 did this well enough too. Put out books set in other verses. But you know, I read canon might be aimed at young adults now when it used to be older teens and adults. This means imo canon is going to take big 180 in terms of the maturity and tone of the concepts we are going to read. I also think DC are being a little short sighted because older teens would not read half of what these vanilla books have. Not when you see what tv, movies and games they are exposed to. They would be bored out of their minds. There is a reason people are crazy over GOT, TWD and ST etc. Because they have denser concepts. I think Black Label is the thing older teens and adults might enjoy best but then sadly it will have not long term story telling. Probably just gn format. So this new age labeling of books and separating them I see it has pros and cons. If we ever get a smww book in canon, the restrictions would be annoying. It already was what with what we learned from Tony Daniel and Yannick Paquette how they censored tame scenes.
    Last edited by hellacre; 07-11-2019 at 09:43 AM.

SM/WW couple tattoos:

"Couple tattoos by @jezguzmanrotten and @delorean.ink"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzrEBeUpZ3X/

"#coupletattoo #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bzishq-ndnp/

"Dawn of justice..."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzWsQPeAwbN/

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    It is mind boggling because DC has books like this,books even under 20 k, hey putting out and I have no clue why they would turn their backs on some successful concepts like smww for poor selling stuff. I get the need to give concepts a chance but come on. We have said it over and over. Multiverse. The new 52 did this well enough too. Put out books set in other verses. But you know, I read canon might be aimed at young adults now when it used to be older teens and adults. This means imo canon is going to take big 180 in terms of the maturity and tone of the concepts we are going to read. I also think DC are being a little short sighted because older teens would not read half of what these vanilla books have. Not when you see what tv, movies and games they are exposed to. They would be bored out of their minds. There is a reason people are crazy over GOT, TWD and ST etc. Because they have denser concepts. I think Black Label is the thing older teens and adults might enjoy best but then sadly it will have not long term story telling. Probably just gn format. So this new age labeling of books and separating them I see it has pros and cons. If we ever get a smww book in canon, the restrictions would be annoying. It already was what with what we learned from Tony Daniel and Yannick Paquette how they censored tame scenes.
    But funny ... they censure SMWW and not other couples as we see Batman / Catwoman, GreenArrow / Black Canary or even SM / Lois or Diana / Trevor. The problem is SMWW! And I wonder: what would that problem really be? Excess of sex appeal? Proximity to a possible reality through a plausible sexual relationship? Excess of beauty? It has a name for this type of censorship and this name is similar to the final product expelled by the bull after feeding!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    You can’t run away from the wave... you have 3 months to prepare for the SuperWonder Halloween wave(s)....which includes pre and post😜
    3 months to be prepared to be offline during the whole Halloween holidays... pre and post. 😜

I'm following this account and I think Articus is a perfect Wonderboy! Once again I want to praise the creativity of this fandom! If DC does not give us what we want to do ourselves ... now see the level of DC's lack of vision ... if even without the couple together officially, even without a child of both in a regular book, this fandom grows more and more, now imagine if DC, a company that keeps books selling below 10k, give us a book ... surely at worst, this book would stay above the monthly average and at best, over 50k.
    The SM/WW fandom is too far ahead, WB/DC can only play catch-up in the future.

I'd argue they do not need to be in a movie to be iconic. Not at all. They have comics and these are two powerful characters by themselves and as a couple. Iconography has to do with influence and symbols as well as concept and relevance and history. There are many movies and we have iconic characters ie characters used over and over in fictional stories...known but they are not exactly relevant today or fits the zeitgeist. They are not physically used by the pubic in a concrete way as a symbol. The masses do not aspire to be them. They do not go out of their way to use them as representatives of themselves. Yes you can be iconic in that you been around a long time but it does not mean you are more relevant or even more popular. Comic book fans are niche audience and the general public just recalls what they see at the time. They might like it or not or forget it altogether or they might embrace it and strengthen it more. Steve for example being out of WW history as her love interest for a while. I'd even suggest many people never knew nor cared until Pine. He's been around a while sure but he has also been absent for decades and no one can tell me that his impact and influence is more than smww when it comes to the public and every fan. DC themselves have made SMWW a something concrete and it has filtered into books and animation and the public also are aware of it. Before LOTR or Harry Potter became movies they were iconic.

SMWW have been used as symbols to represent love and partnership in tv and music and movies, they been name dropped, homaged as a couple, they been referenced. One could argue well many DC or Marvel couples are iconic because they got a movie. Yet it was smww as a couple mentioned in Bones, Big bang Theory, Glee, Blue Bloods, NCIS, The Simpsons etc...and that is what we know from the US. We have seen other cultures mention them. The Japanese did Project Ako ages ago. Kingdom Come and the new 52 I would argue made SMWW iconic. They do not need a movie. Esp movies that were ridiculed and critically panned. Superman cannot even get a decent movie off the ground when you think back to what they had before MOS and the first Reeve movie and MOS can't even get a sequel...yet other B and C list characters are doing it. Being around for a longtime and having a movie does not make you an icon only. It is your impact on the masses and pop culture as well. SMWW are immortalized in 2 statues. Well, 3 because they have a versus one. They continue to have merch. Big name designer used them for his and her perfume. They are put alongside other iconic couples in pop culture from when you see merch for couples. Halloween, Valentines, Christmas, Weddings, Gender Reveal, Birthdays, anniversaries, charity, pets, etc etc...they are up there with the best of them. They hang in art galleries , have art exhibits together...an anthology soon together. The other anthology was Joker and Batman who have this iconic dynamic. IMO they have more than any other hero coupling in the public domain. I have constantly said it...only Batcat and JokerHarley can be ranked with them when it comes to DC couples and generating $. Sure comic lists will call the classic ones but again that has to do with tradition than the zeitgeist. DC currently can try to undermine it but are being utilized as symbols of love and two equals by many people because there is a reason. There is literature to back it up and people see themselves in them or what they aspire to be. It is not a cracked ship or a ship that just cropped up once in a vague non committal way. People who say they never had anything are misrepresenting as we know. Saying something needs a movie to truly validate it, I respectfully don't agree.
    But their relationship needs to be more than a symbol or limited to its iconography to cement its iconic status. SM/WW are full characters not just symbols.

But funny ... they censure SMWW and not other couples as we see Batman / Catwoman, GreenArrow / Black Canary or even SM / Lois or Diana / Trevor. The problem is SMWW! And I wonder: what would that problem really be? Excess of sex appeal? Proximity to a possible reality through a plausible sexual relationship? Excess of beauty? It has a name for this type of censorship and this name is similar to the final product expelled by the bull after feeding!
    Girl they had WW and Lex sleeping together in a comic. Granted was another version of WW but they went there. Flashes of nudity. So I have no idea why they were being so hypocritical with new 52 smww who were in love. And we know Soule's writing was tasteful. Hell more so than what I can see from other stuff DC put out or are putting out. But then you know smww are sexy together anyway. Clothes or not.
    Last edited by hellacre; 07-11-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Handmade SuperWonder bridal shoes:

"Custom shoes Superheroes & Brides - Wonder Woman & Superman line ❤️👊"

https://www.instagram.com/cristiberio/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-12-2019 at 03:00 AM.

3 months to be prepared to be offline during the whole Halloween holidays... pre and post. ��

The SM/WW fandom is too far ahead, WB/DC can only play catch-up in the future.

But their relationship needs to be more than a symbol or limited to its iconography to cement its iconic status. SM/WW are full characters not just symbols.
    They have books. Are you saying Watchmen was never iconic until Snyder? Nope. SMWW have impact. One book can make something iconic. Before movies and tv...books was all we had. I agree a GOOD movie can change the game in that make it more popular but bad movies can damage iconic figures. Superman is a prime example.
    Last edited by hellacre; 07-11-2019 at 10:13 AM.

SM/WW cosplayers at a birthday party:

"How about making a super birthday party for the most important little person in your life?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BztQuu6BG8J/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-12-2019 at 03:02 AM.

It almost seems that the people who post these are trying to beat each other in sappiness. 😂
    I'm all for it.

Must be jealousy. 🤔
    Someone needs to let him know he never stood a chance with the real Diana.

I really hope so. 🤞
    Yes. I chose to have an audacious hope.

LOL. Even different versions? NuSuperman and Rebirth Diana never ever really met. How is it going to be possible? 😂
    Of course! Anything is possible with Superman and Wonder Woman. 😉

I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. 😝 /kidding
    After following stories that haven't been updated in years to then see updates, I chose to look on the bright side. 🌞

They have books. Are you saying Watchmen was never iconic until Snyder? Nope. SMWW have impact. One book can make something iconic. Before movies and tv...books was all we had. I agree a GOOD movie can change the game but bad movies can damage iconic figures. Superman is a prime example.
    I just think that SM/WW as romantic pair hasn't been yet fully represented. The idea was always here but never fully developed. Recent example, their New52 romance being cut short at its early stage.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    I'm all for it.
    Let's call it, the "SM/WW sappiness challenge". 😂

Of course! Anything is possible with Superman and Wonder Woman. 😉
    🤯

After following stories that haven't been updated in years to then see updates, I chose to look on the bright side. 🌞
    I admire your positivity... and patience.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-11-2019 at 01:21 PM.

New SMWW story! (Always love coming across one of those).

Story: The Way They Met
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13333395/1

This exactly. It has been said numerous times, sales weren’t the problem and creativity wasn’t either given Soule had his plan. SMWW was a critical and commercial success. The concept has proven to have so much potential that shouldn’t be wasted.

I'd argue they do not need to be in a movie to be iconic. Not at all. They have comics and these are two powerful characters by themselves and as a couple. Iconography has to do with influence and symbols as well as concept and relevance and history. There are many movies and we have iconic characters ie characters used over and over in fictional stories...known but they are not exactly relevant today or fits the zeitgeist. They are not physically used by the pubic in a concrete way as a symbol. The masses do not aspire to be them. They do not go out of their way to use them as representatives of themselves. Yes you can be iconic in that you been around a long time but it does not mean you are more relevant or even more popular. Comic book fans are niche audience and the general public just recalls what they see at the time. They might like it or not or forget it altogether or they might embrace it and strengthen it more. Steve for example being out of WW history as her love interest for a while. I'd even suggest many people never knew nor cared until Pine. He's been around a while sure but he has also been absent for decades and no one can tell me that his impact and influence is more than smww when it comes to the public and every fan. DC themselves have made SMWW a something concrete and it has filtered into books and animation and the public also are aware of it. Before LOTR or Harry Potter became movies they were iconic.

SMWW have been used as symbols to represent love and partnership in tv and music and movies, they been name dropped, homaged as a couple, they been referenced. One could argue well many DC or Marvel couples are iconic because they got a movie. Yet it was smww as a couple mentioned in Bones, Big bang Theory, Glee, Blue Bloods, NCIS, The Simpsons etc...and that is what we know from the US. We have seen other cultures mention them. The Japanese did Project Ako ages ago. Kingdom Come and the new 52 I would argue made SMWW iconic. They do not need a movie. Esp movies that were ridiculed and critically panned. Superman cannot even get a decent movie off the ground when you think back to what they had before MOS and the first Reeve movie and MOS can't even get a sequel...yet other B and C list characters are doing it. Being around for a longtime and having a movie does not make you an icon only. It is your impact on the masses and pop culture as well. SMWW are immortalized in 2 statues. Well, 3 because they have a versus one. They continue to have merch. Big name designer used them for his and her perfume. They are put alongside other iconic couples in pop culture from when you see merch for couples. Halloween, Valentines, Christmas, Weddings, Gender Reveal, Birthdays, anniversaries, charity, pets, etc etc...they are up there with the best of them. They hang in art galleries , have art exhibits together...an anthology soon together. The other anthology was Joker and Batman who have this iconic dynamic. IMO they have more than any other hero coupling in the public domain. I have constantly said it...only Batcat and JokerHarley can be ranked with them when it comes to DC couples and generating $. Sure comic lists will call the classic ones but again that has to do with tradition than the zeitgeist. DC currently can try to undermine it but are being utilized as symbols of love and two equals by many people because there is a reason. There is literature to back it up and people see themselves in them or what they aspire to be. It is not a cracked ship or a ship that just cropped up once in a vague non committal way. People who say they never had anything are misrepresenting as we know. Saying something needs a movie to truly validate it, I respectfully don't agree.
    All of this is it!!!

“Iconic” is being used as a buzzword but not much to be backed up with that actually has the substance. It should go deeper and beyond not looked at on a default superficial level as it has. SMWW has gone deeper and beyond in so many unexpected ways more than traditional couples/dynamics. THAT as I said means so much and should be respected and valued even more