Page 322 of 354 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 5305
  1. #4816
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Paintings by Oswald Steven Macias, Glenn Vaags and Giorgia Dianin inspired by popular SM/WW images:

    "#handpainted #superman #wonderwoman"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B1P7FNMHsLd/

    "Superman embracing Wonder Woman. Single hand cut stencil layer 🤙 #spraypaintart"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B09J6ZbFRjB/

    "Find out you have hidden skills at 25. ✍🏽🎨 HANDMADE Superman & Wonder Woman kissing 💋 Oil & tempera on CANVAS"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B01UB2-gJlK/

  2. #4817
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,888

    Question

    Here is an interesting story premise in which Diana and Hippolyta are forced to relocate to Smallville while Diana is still a child. Sadly, this story was never developed beyond their arrival there. Do you think I should try my hand at writing such a story (it is an inversion of my current SMWW story in which young Clark ends up on Themyscira)? If so, any suggestions on how growing up in Kansas might change Diana?

    Early Egress by Skull Lad

    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10477829/1/Early-Egress
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  3. #4818
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I would be very happy with that. One of the things I adored post crisis was their deep connection and friendship. There were so many tender , poignant moments. Having that and having them in AU would be awesome but I want a little bit more than a gn in AU. I want something more serial story telling like the way Earth 2 was done. I mean if Beyond and Injustice can have books then we can have a book where SMWW as a couple in the multiverse . I want a series and it will be great not to have editorial meddling. Who would we have write this? I think it vital to have someone who gets them and who certainly is not about coming into sabotage.
    I don't know but ... see Miller solidly building his Millerverse, see KC being cited by a lot of people and the positive reaction from the general public ... see people missing new 52 ... all these factors cheer me up, make me to think that the possibility is very much alive, germinating inside DC headquarters ...

  4. #4819
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I don't know but ... see Miller solidly building his Millerverse, see KC being cited by a lot of people and the positive reaction from the general public ... see people missing new 52 ... all these factors cheer me up, make me to think that the possibility is very much alive, germinating inside DC headquarters ...
    One can hope. You'd have to be a poor businessman to not realize that SMWW as part of the new 52 was extremely successful. I don't care who ranted and raved. It does not matter because right now the same who ranted and raved back then obviously are not buying enough to propel DC to the top with what has been done in the last couple of years. Sales are the final arbiters, not social media. SMWW has spawned merchandising, because of their romance. They have become a lifestyle brand. Surely, surely you want to keep the concept alive in some form? So yeah, I am sure the concept will crop back up again. You don't just kill an outlet for revenue. That is like shooting yourself in the foot.

  5. #4820
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Here is an interesting story premise in which Diana and Hippolyta are forced to relocate to Smallville while Diana is still a child. Sadly, this story was never developed beyond their arrival there. Do you think I should try my hand at writing such a story (it is an inversion of my current SMWW story in which young Clark ends up on Themyscira)? If so, any suggestions on how growing up in Kansas might change Diana?

    Early Egress by Skull Lad

    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10477829/1/Early-Egress
    Yeah go for it!

    Depends who is raising her.

    Depends what age she comes to Kansas.

    Depends when she finds out her real heritage and so forth and also when her power manifests itself. All these things can shape her mind and personality and the way she sees herself and reacts to the world and the world reacts to her.

  6. #4821
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Couple Cosplay

    “I think seeing these two characters together makes perfect sense! 👸🏻💄💪🏼🦸🏻*♂️👓”

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B1RLZ69lfgP/

    “She’s the WonderWoman to my Superman ♥️💪🏽”

    https://www.instagram.com/p/B1ROecYJRqc/

    ”What a great party this was @larna32
    Mummy will always be our Wonder Woman. 💙❤️💚💫 #mummyanddaddy”


    https://www.instagram.com/p/B09H9S9Akj7/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-17-2019 at 08:20 PM.

  7. #4822
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    A peek of the Superman and Wonder Woman Plus Collectibles! Review pending along with more pics! I will say it has not ignored the romance aspect of SMWW history despite the recton. The date for this as well is 2019. Just a little odd to me they would do this partnered set when they have SM and WW books separately and could easily just slot this in one page like most anthologies. Seems an effort went into try to show they have an important partnership ( be it friends, allies or lovers) despite being separate franchises.






    Thanks for sharing these.

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Sparks more than fly. It combusts! 😏 (In response to the caption).
    lol. 😏

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Looking forward to your review. I wished it had delved more into their history both friendship and romantically. Like you alluded to, it is definitely interesting that an anthology of just them would be done in the same book and titled so blatantly so given the retcons. Nevertheless, it's encouraging seeing SMWWs relationship and connection to one another acknowledged.
    Their comic-book history is still here to be known, it can't be really erased by half-assed last-minute retcons. While DC's "reboots" and "retcons" come and go, true published history stays.

  8. #4823
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Yeah go for it!

    Depends who is raising her.

    Depends what age she comes to Kansas.

    Depends when she finds out her real heritage and so forth and also when her power manifests itself. All these things can shape her mind and personality and the way she sees herself and reacts to the world and the world reacts to her.
    Hippolyta would raise her but the Kents would be their close friends.

    I'd say fairly young 4 or 5.

    I'd say she is a teenager by the time she learns the truth about herself. I think like with Clark her powers would gradually manifest until her teens.

    The above ideas are those I've formed in my mind as of now. Any input you or others can offer would help me flesh things out further.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  9. #4824
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    A peek of the Superman and Wonder Woman Plus Collectibles! Review pending along with more pics! I will say it has not ignored the romance aspect of SMWW history despite the recton. The date for this as well is 2019. Just a little odd to me they would do this partnered set when they have SM and WW books separately and could easily just slot this in one page like most anthologies. Seems an effort went into try to show they have an important partnership ( be it friends, allies or lovers) despite being separate franchises.






    OOOHHH!!!!!! “Man of Justice” 😍
    Miss new52 Superman and Wonder Woman so much!! Can’t wait for your review Hellacre!


    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I feel it is aimed at the casual or new and younger readers to try to attract them to SM and WW and comics. And given it has been selling in places apart from comic shops suggests that, given DC are trying to branch out. I've seen Walmart, Target, Barnes and Noble, PenguinRandom House, Amazon etc and bookstores the UK and Australia and Holland etc . I think there are those of us who can all recall when we came to comics and not needing movies or tv shows. We came because of a particular comic. Not Reeve or Carter or Dean Cain or Tom Welling or Henry Cavill or Gal Gadot. A bookstore, a library, a friend handing over a book etc. For me was a library and the cover drew me , and flipping thorough pages of Kingdom Come made me want to read it. Also I saw Superman kissing Wonder Woman and I thought...that is always what I felt made the most sense...lemme find out what happened here!!! The rest is history. I did not put KC down and think well that was it. I started picking up comics and learned about SM and WW and realized they had a really profound connection, and friendship. They made sense to me regardless of the status quo at the time. So I think there are a lot of people like us. Who never really thought much about Superman or Wonder Woman's life beyond what we saw in live media and never really examined it deeply or cared deeply about what drove them as individuals and made them who they were. It helps I think SMWW imo felt a more in line with the zeitgeist and them being true equals made me more interested than the regular, cliched superhero stuff we always see. So for me it felt quite natural them as a couple. Or them projected to end up together as in KC as a mature relationship.

    Someone might pick it up for their kid or loved one as a gift ( given it has figures) and they will say....hmm, I always knew they had something going on...or they had something? Wow I knew it! Or wow I never never that. But that makes sense. I want to learn more. And why isn't there more!!!????
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Hmmmm so we will have new readers, a new generation of readers and even old readers having absolute awareness not only of deep friendship but also of love between them? Well I think the fallacy of deleting the relationship and etc was down the drain ....
    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

    We have been with DC for a while. You have been reading since Precrisis and COIE. You have seen DC reboot and retcon and change and say this and that and then change. If there is one thing I can guarantee is change is constant. And readers change. And sure for the last 2 and 1/2 years DC been going on about core conceits etc but tbh...nothing is written in stone and people will like what they like. Those who hate our couple will always hate it. But I guarantee it, there are people who like it equally and people who are not aware of it that would probably be far more interested in it than the normal stuff they see one tv and movies of the past decades. I recall chatting with some Marvel readers coming over during the new 52 saying that drew them. So yeah different strokes for different folks. It is up to DC now to see and manage this optimally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Well just the fact that DC allows the publication of this special with the text that is already in is an indication that they intend to back away from both and perhaps for the next phase / reboot bring back deep friendship or even with the multiverse we will have something else .... who knows?

    All I know is that keeping SM away from WW is a factor in making this "cake go down" ... rebirth was the first time I saw them both barely talking and relating and few times in my life have I seen DC get lost in such short period of time as it happened now in Rebirth.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Well stated.
    When thought of from this perspective of the audience aimed at, I can see how this anthology is the right delving point. One is able to get a truncated history lesson on Superman and Wonder Woman from the anthology. Those who want to learn more are the then able to explore further on their own.
    From the description on various of sites alone, that’s what it seems like. Basic individual character, as Lady P said, history lessons as well as a lesson on how these two connect to each other despite being of different franchises. It’s giving just enough to yeah, want people to pick up the actual comics for more story etc.

    To have this does truly show this relationship truly has been defining and very important. SMWW has proven over and over again to be a draw for new and old fans. Just give respect to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I would be very happy with that. One of the things I adored post crisis was their deep connection and friendship. There were so many tender , poignant moments. Having that and having them in AU would be awesome but I want a little bit more than a gn in AU. I want something more serial story telling like the way Earth 2 was done. I mean if Beyond and Injustice can have books then we can have a book where SMWW as a couple in the multiverse . I want a series and it will be great not to have editorial meddling. Who would we have write this? I think it vital to have someone who gets them and who certainly is not about coming into sabotage.
    Yes! Let the stories flow naturally. There are so many storylines that could’ve been done better or just wasted period because of the meddling. There’s no win at all for sabotaging, especially sabotaging a concept that works and is successful.

    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Yep. They mentioned their series and Kingdom Come but did not give much away on that. And they mentioned the word "LOVE". So to those who claimed was "easy." and "lies". Nope.
    SMWW be it platonic or romantic has always been about love. Obvious petty biasness doesn’t matter when on the actual pages and all through out the years of history shows otherwise.

  10. #4825
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    T-shirts promos/ads:

    "Tag Piticas Carioca (@piticascarioca) on Father's Day Sunday in a photo as your superhero that we'll post in our stories!"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B07DhdbARG9/

    "Every Superman has his super Wonder Woman."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0rzlXOBc_q/

    "On this Father's Day, dress up as your hero"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0rSCcMFxO2/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-17-2019 at 08:28 PM.

  11. #4826
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Here is an interesting story premise in which Diana and Hippolyta are forced to relocate to Smallville while Diana is still a child. Sadly, this story was never developed beyond their arrival there. Do you think I should try my hand at writing such a story (it is an inversion of my current SMWW story in which young Clark ends up on Themyscira)? If so, any suggestions on how growing up in Kansas might change Diana?

    Early Egress by Skull Lad

    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10477829/1/Early-Egress
    This is interesting! Yeah you should give it a go!

    Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I don't know but ... see Miller solidly building his Millerverse, see KC being cited by a lot of people and the positive reaction from the general public ... see people missing new 52 ... all these factors cheer me up, make me to think that the possibility is very much alive, germinating inside DC headquarters ...
    Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    One can hope. You'd have to be a poor businessman to not realize that SMWW as part of the new 52 was extremely successful. I don't care who ranted and raved. It does not matter because right now the same who ranted and raved back then obviously are not buying enough to propel DC to the top with what has been done in the last couple of years. Sales are the final arbiters, not social media. SMWW has spawned merchandising, because of their romance. They have become a lifestyle brand. Surely, surely you want to keep the concept alive in some form? So yeah, I am sure the concept will crop back up again. You don't just kill an outlet for revenue. That is like shooting yourself in the foot.
    New52 gave a realistic modern take that resonated to the modern newer audience. It wasn’t perfect, but honestly, that was the fault of the back and forth of trying to hold on to nostalgia or going extreme with conflict just for the sake. And the biggest known problem was editorial meddling.

    But the overall concept of new52 Superman/Wonder Woman and their relationship under Soule was a success and made an impact. We see it daily emphasizing diverse interests.

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Their comic-book history is still here to be known, it can't be really erased by half-assed last-minute retcons. While DC's "reboots" and "retcons" come and go, true published history stays.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-17-2019 at 08:34 PM.

  12. #4827
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Here is an interesting story premise in which Diana and Hippolyta are forced to relocate to Smallville while Diana is still a child. Sadly, this story was never developed beyond their arrival there. Do you think I should try my hand at writing such a story (it is an inversion of my current SMWW story in which young Clark ends up on Themyscira)? If so, any suggestions on how growing up in Kansas might change Diana?

    Early Egress by Skull Lad

    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10477829/1/Early-Egress
    Yes, do it. It could be a perfect companion fanfic to the one about Kal being raised on Themyscira that you are writing. Btw, the 2nd chap of the latter when? 😅

  13. #4828
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Hippolyta would raise her but the Kents would be their close friends.

    I'd say fairly young 4 or 5.

    I'd say she is a teenager by the time she learns the truth about herself. I think like with Clark her powers would gradually manifest until her teens.

    The above ideas are those I've formed in my mind as of now. Any input you or others can offer would help me flesh things out further.
    Well obviously Hippolyta would instill in her a strong sense of self worth, confidence, pride in herself...and discipline. etc. I can't see Hippolyta allowing her to be spoiled or lazy or airy fairy . She would love her etc but be firm with things like chores and home work etc. I see Martha and Hippolyta bonding and getting along, even slightly different, they have a lot that they share in their children being gifts to them they never expected etc. I don't know if Kansas would make Diana all that different, esp if she is being raised by an empowered woman. She prob do what people/ kids in Kansas do, but I feel she might be as free spirited, curious and willful as she was on Themyscira . I see her and Clark as kindred spirits, liking to play and roam the woods and fields. He's protective of her, she looks up to him because he is a smart, kind and thoughtful boy. If he is older you need to decide how much etc. The same way Clark has dreams of Krypton, she has memories of Themyscira and magical things. They share their dreams and bond over this feeling of there being something missing or more and of course as time go by they will have issues as their powers start to manifest. Another thing they share. And of course flesh out yr supporting cast, apart from Hippolyta and Kents and events and a timeline.

  14. #4829
    Extraordinary Member LoveStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    T-shirts promos/ads:

    "Tag Piticas Carioca (@piticascarioca) on Father's Day Sunday in a photo as your superhero that we'll post in our stories!"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B07DhdbARG9/

    "Every Superman has his super Wonder Woman."



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0rzlXOBc_q/

    "On this Father's Day, dress up as your hero"



    https://www.instagram.com/p/B0rSCcMFxO2/
    The shirts(obviously), the captions and the “Power” poses! Perfection as always!

  15. #4830
    Mighty Member Deiasilva10's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Here is an interesting story premise in which Diana and Hippolyta are forced to relocate to Smallville while Diana is still a child. Sadly, this story was never developed beyond their arrival there. Do you think I should try my hand at writing such a story (it is an inversion of my current SMWW story in which young Clark ends up on Themyscira)? If so, any suggestions on how growing up in Kansas might change Diana?

    Early Egress by Skull Lad

    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10477829/1/Early-Egress
    Yeah! Go for it, my friend!!!! Well what are your ideas? We can talk about them!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •